Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Slavia 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Shite game. Hopefully a totally different game back at the Kp. One off game, win it. 

Those of you that thought the ref was genuinely a problem have gone soft in our premiership ways. They were well up for it and really bettered us in 50/50’s and picked up majority of the second balls. 

Having said that, they huffed and puffed and didn’t really show any quality to score. 

You telling me N’Didi deserved a yellow? 

2 games per week, travel and away from home, one change to the team. Main players still playing week in and week out. It's not surprising. I just hope we're OK for Sunday now and then of course the home leg. I think Brendan needs to rotate, certainly for the home leg.

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Take the draw but was a woeful performance considering the team that we put out. Just so slow and slugglish apart from Barnes. Really hope we arent going to suffer from burnout playing our best players everygame without a rest i.e Tielemans. 

Yeah. Bah, one of their higher paid players, is only on 4k a week according to internet sources. Probably all of our players including those on the bench would probably be on more. Most of the players we put out would be on 10, 20+ times more. Yet, they did not look out of place and arguably even better than us. What would their players be thinking?

Can't fault the defense in that, did there job and absorbed lots of pressure. Soyuncu was our stand out player, very solid.

Dissapointing from some of our key offensive players tonight, guilty of overplaying and getting caught in pocession and outworked by players who should not be at their level.

Hamzas 15 minute cameo showed real energy and work rate which stood out a mile to what had gone before. 

All down to the return leg.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

We've all seen bad refs before but I've never seen one who was easily swayed by whatever the reaction from their player was. Literally might as well gave them the whistle.

As proved by Albrighton’s ridiculous scream to win a lesser foul after two outright trips on him 

It's amazing how people see the game or maybe it's just me but I thought Soyuncu was pretty bad tonight. I lost count of the amount of times he passed the ball straight to them. Kasper looked like a pub keeper with his kicking again.

Thomas looked poor too IMO. 

Maddison Vardy both awful. Ndidi and Hamza ok. 

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

2 games per week, travel and away from home, one change to the team. Main players still playing week in and week out. It's not surprising. I just hope we're OK for Sunday now and then of course the home leg. I think Brendan needs to rotate, certainly for the home leg.

Who is he going to rotate with? We have loads of injuries, Nacho suspended too. The same players will have to keep going, they'll be ok we have a free week after Arsenal

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You think that was worth a booking?

Soft and the incident is dependent on how the defender reacts, in this case he acts like a twat, if he just brushed it off it wouldn’t have been a yellow. But when you see how high his arm is and the fact he follows through across the defender it can’t really be argued. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I still can't believe their player wasn't booked for the smash on Maddison.

Appalling, out of control challenge.

Absolutely pathetic. He's mid air rugby tackling Maddison, as you say completely out of control. 

Almost laughable comparing that non-booking to the bookings Kel and Youri got.

In the return leg maybe Brendan’s diamond formation would help unlock them? It would allow us to either pass around their midfield press or play balls over the top to our front 2.

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne

Choudhury/Tavares, Ndidi, Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy, Barnes

• Like 1