Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Slavia 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Slavia were physical and tough to outmanoeuvre but not much else. That said they were all over us in the third quarter when we kept giving the ball away. I guess we did well to survive that. The substitutions helped.

Their play acting was pathetic but the ref even more so for not getting wise to it.

Let’s hope for better next week. Vardy will need a good night - it’s been a while - because he’s the only striker we’ve got.

I don't want Kasper or anyone getting involved with any bitchiness, or excuses, leave that to us. They just need to play better in the home game and let the quality shine through. 

As annoying as the play acting was we weren't good enough to win the game. Maddison was really poor, Tielemans and Ndidi weren't able to settle. Barnes was a threat but we couldn't get the ball to him.

Ricardo and Castagne potentially back next week is a big plus. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Yes, well Hamza to start for one, Under to start too; Youri on the bench then, erm, erm you're right we've only got the U21s

Yes, Hamza in for Tielemans and Mendy plus Ricardo, Castagne not far away, Fuchs, Under, Perez is not far away. Not sure which way round to do it, now we need to win the 2nd leg and Vardy has to play with Nachos suspension. Maybe play Kelechi at Villa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Its completely accidental and no intent at all. Hes just trying to use his body to get the ball. If that's a yellow, there would be several players sent off every week in the prem. They were appalling cheats and the ref fell for it. 

Agreed, Just checked and they only got 1 booking in the entire game and that was in the 1st half, there wasn’t even a booking for the guy who literally threw himself at Maddison 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Its completely accidental and no intent at all. Hes just trying to use his body to get the ball. If that's a yellow, there would be several players sent off every week in the prem. They were appalling cheats and the ref fell for it. 

If you stick your arm+elbow up and into a defender and push across his face you’re going to get booked. Accidental or not. Argue amongst yourselves 

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

You can make all the excuses you want pitch, ref, their players rolling around  the facts are we were shit and Brendan got it  wrong . 

Yep. People frustrated with the performance have managed to convince themselves it’s all the refs fault. 

Dont agree re Brendan though

Edited by TJB-fox

32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yawn! Should have win in first half. 

Ref was poor. 

Soyuncu and Thomas the stand-out. 

Disagree - sorry. Soyuncu stand out for what? He was so sloppy in possession tonight. I lost count how many times he needlessly gave the ball away and put us back under pressure again. Played well in the air though - I’ll give you that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeFoxes said:

Disagree - sorry. Soyuncu stand out for what? He was so sloppy in possession tonight. I lost count how many times he needlessly gave the ball away and put us back under pressure again. Played well in the air though - I’ll give you that 

Yes Soyuncu was Jekyll and Hyde tonight. Peerless in the air but ridiculously sloppy with his passing from the back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeFoxes said:

Yep, I have to agree -  I thought he was really sloppy in possession on so many occasions, which isn't the end of the world as it happens from time to time but I don't get why people were saying he was great. 

Yes he did do some things good, but that's what we'd expect any way from a player of his calibre. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It looked like the player deliberately pushed his face into Nacho’s arm leading Nacho to naturally swing his arm, slightly. All part of the play acting ending with him holding his face like he was shot.

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Slavia were physical and tough to outmanoeuvre but not much else. That said they were all over us in the third quarter when we kept giving the ball away. I guess we did well to survive that. The substitutions helped.

Their play acting was pathetic but the ref even more so for not getting wise to it.

Let’s hope for better next week. Vardy will need a good night - it’s been a while - because he’s the only striker we’ve got.

having we not got any strikers in the U23?