Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Slavia 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

17 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

In terms of performance that really was as bad as it ever gets.  That was embarrassing.  It was just lucky that the opposition was so poor.  Still, 0-0, so that's the only plus.  

Mods, give this massive Wendy an overwrought clown avatar

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

Who is he going to rotate with? We have loads of injuries, Nacho suspended too. The same players will have to keep going, they'll be ok we have a free week after Arsenal

Yes, well Hamza to start for one, Under to start too; Youri on the bench then, erm, erm you're right we've only got the U21s

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Shite game. Hopefully a totally different game back at the Kp. One off game, win it. 

Those of you that thought the ref was genuinely a problem have gone soft in our premiership ways. They were well up for it and really bettered us in 50/50’s and picked up majority of the second balls. 

Having said that, they huffed and puffed and didn’t really show any quality to score. 

Yes,  until we brought subs on they won all the 2nd balls in the 2nd half and won so many tackles they shouldn't have done.  Not the first game where Maddison in particular, when the oppo rough it up in midfield, shirks his tackles and loses his alertness for the 2nd ball.   I was calling for his replacement by Hamza 15 mins before it actually happened.  I think Hamza's appearance had a big positive effect and our performance improved from then on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd have wanted more but taken a draw at the start. Makeshift Armarty and Thomas didn't disgrace themselves.

Thomas shone tonight. Got caught out once by a high, long pass. Amartey also one of our better players. If they're makeshift then we're not doing badly for strength-in-depth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

At least we know these are shite, on a decent pitch I expect us to win pretty comfortably - bunch of thugs

Yeah, on a better pitch (guaranteed) and with better officials (can they really be worse?) we'll smash these. 

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Soft and the incident is dependent on how the defender reacts, in this case he acts like a twat, if he just brushed it off it wouldn’t have been a yellow. But when you see how high his arm is and the fact he follows through across the defender it can’t really be argued. 

Its completely accidental and no intent at all. Hes just trying to use his body to get the ball. If that's a yellow, there would be several players sent off every week in the prem. They were appalling cheats and the ref fell for it. 

I'm disappointed with the performance but on reflection, it's another game where we've dug out a result and I'm a big believer in 'if you can't win, at least don't lose' and considering our lack of energy, their intensity and that bonehead of a ref, I think we've shown a lot of character.

• Like 1