Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Slavia 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Beachyboy said:

My honest thoughts are 17th April against West Brom when Praet hopefully returns, I can't see any fixtures before that allow it hes to important.

Exactly my point. It’s quite scary to be honest he must be absolutely bollocksed. 

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

That was a big performance and decent result in the end. I thought a sending off was inevitable given the way the referee was going so will take that.

Defence was excellent.

Just wish I was at the King Power for the second leg so can vent the frustration I’m still feeling.

Big performance? By Prague? 

If you thought that was a big performance I'm surprised the Man City game didnt kill you lol

I only watched the first half and then the last 15 minutes due to work, so seems I missed the worst aspects? 

My impression of the first 45 was the referee was pretty consistent in allowing physical challenges that would probably not be allowed in the PL nowadays, but 20 odd years ago would have been quite commonplace. 

Hamza seemed to relish the fight when he was on and it suited him and having him there suited us. I am not too bothered by them being up to try to win with their tactics etc., it's s a contest and you get away with what's allowed. 

I think we'll win next week but we have to be prepared well for the possible physical battle. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

17 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Thomas shone tonight. Got caught out once by a high, long pass. Amartey also one of our better players. If they're makeshift then we're not doing badly for strength-in-depth.

Totally agree. I didn't mean it detrimentally in any way. If say Ricardo and Castagne are looked upon as the first choice, then Thomas and Armarty and stand ins with little consistent game time did brilliantly. I too thought Thomas shone and I hope he gets more game time soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Huh? 

We've been good at home in the Europe so why are we slanting Rodgers for this? 

Not slanting him but just saying what “attack” might mean for him. We often play with 6-7 defenders on the pitch. And if we attack, this away game is to do it with the advantage that an away goal brings. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Yep. People frustrated with the performance have managed to convince themselves it’s all the refs fault. 

Have they? Can’t people think that both things can be true? For me The ref was poor today, some of the “fouls” given was verging on the ridiculous, the opposition only got 1 yellow in the game despite the multiple fouls on Barnes, despite all the fouls and the rugby tackle on Maddison and yes We were poor today and there was no real improvement on the dire performance from Saturday

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shane said:

In the return leg maybe Brendan’s diamond formation would help unlock them? It would allow us to either pass around their midfield press or play balls over the top to our front 2.

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne

Choudhury/Tavares, Ndidi, Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy, Barnes

I think they are weakest at full back. Their RB is naive and their LB is a hermit. If keep the same shape but look for our full backs to be more clever attacking 

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not slanting him but just saying what “attack” might mean for him. We often play with far 6-7 defenders on the pitch. And if we attack, this away game is to do it with the advantage that an away goal gives. 

Well this game is done so if we want to attack the 2nd leg, with the players available, that might mean sticking with the same players that's meant we've been successful. And that might mean having 6+ 'defensive' players in, but it works in getting us a result. 

I'm just not sure why it's a criticism that he's said we want to attack and try and win a game :dunno:lol

• Like 1