Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

If Prague have the same attitudes as they did in the first game the ref is going to be the key figure. If we get physical in return sods law we'll see a red card as they have the far superior actors, rollers, squeelers and all round c***s. I trust our boys composure but in the last few minutes of the first game I thought they were coming close to boiling point.

The choice as far as I'm concerned is either put Under in Madisons no.10 role or push Tielemans forward and I'd then go for Choudhury in the no.8 role for the physicality. Knowing how limited our options are becoming I wouldn't put it past them to try to take someone out, if Tielemans or Vardy get crocked we're really struggling. Most important thing is keep 11 men on the pitch, beat them, then give them flack afterwards. Had a nightmare that it went to Pens (so 0-0), big cliche but first goal so important tonight but as others say you can't relax until a couple of goals ahead due to away goal rule.

Ref is from Netherlands. Serdar Gozubuyuk (so i'm guessing perhaps turkish heritage??)

Enjoys a yellow card lol 

1642832236_ref1.PNG.7e5240fdf1fb098bb3d518b360b5d2b7.PNG

1167050226_Ref2.PNG.52bd5e32303b10eba05dd30f29dd271c.PNG

845900922_ref3.PNG.b5f61a358822617cf2e522b463bd51e7.PNG

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, majaco said:

Will Perreira start or will his return continue to be managed.

If Cenghis starts, it is a huge game for him.  Personally, I hope he does.

Yeah I'd like too see Under start, if he doesn't, given our circumstances, he likely won't stay and will know it himself. No out of position players tonight, let's hit them hard and early, like the Villa game! and send them home with the Hunters call ringing in their ears....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Yeah I'd like too see Under start, if he doesn't, given our circumstances, he likely won't stay and will know it himself. No out of position players tonight, let's hit them hard and early, like the Villa game! and send them home with the Hunters call ringing in their ears....

What's the Hunters call? 

In this game and to counter the lack of creativity in midfield, our wing backs are going to be incredibly important. We need to be explosive and put this game to bed in the first half. I'm in two minds as to whether to play Ricky as the RW with Castagna as RB and Thomas as LW with Fuchs as LB. Or put Ricky at RB in a back 4 with Castagna at LB. We need pace on the flanks whether it's a back 3 or back 4 and if it's a back 3 then Ricky would be ideally placed for most of the play to go through him. If Castagna can be placed on the left then Under can hopefully be forward of Ricky at RW and I'd like him to start.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

Win. In 90 mins. Without injuries.

Will be delighted with that, whatever the performance. Got a feeling Under might just excel in the 10 role (if he plays there!). Let's hope so anyway, givne there's barely any other option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Win. In 90 mins. Without injuries.

Will be delighted with that, whatever the performance. Got a feeling Under might just excel in the 10 role (if he plays there!). Let's hope so anyway, givne there's barely any other option.

Wonder what he's like as a Goalkeeper?

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

When is it okay to open a beer? I’m thinking 5pm as it’s a match day?

Don't let the antiquated morals of the world stop you from enjoying the wonderful game of football.

Crack a wobbly pop and enjoy

Repeat as required