Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The Rodgers of this season must give Pulis an absolute stonk on. He could absolutely play 2 defensive midfielders from the off and not have two thoughts about it.

He could, but he hasn't has he? Brighton at home last season was enough for him to realise he can't get away with it unless we are a few goals up and want to close a game down.

2 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Not sure it means too much, not noticed it before when he hasn't started. But Under has put up a 'pre match Instagram story' of himself, might mean that he is starting tonight.

It’s a good spot. I’ve noticed Perez does this when he starts too.

31 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Not sure it means too much, not noticed it before when he hasn't started. But Under has put up a 'pre match Instagram story' of himself, might mean that he is starting tonight.

Yep. I reckon he'll play as the 10 in place of Maddison.

36 minutes ago, whitlock said:

He does do it in the games he starts in

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He could, but he hasn't has he? Brighton at home last season was enough for him to realise he can't get away with it unless we are a few goals up and want to close a game down.

I really hope not mate, I'd actually suck Rodgers nut bag on behalf of Under if it meant he was actually given a fair chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

No point in moving other players around to accommodate for Maddison’s loss.

Having said that I’d either move Barnes more central with a free license, and play Under or Perez on the wing and instruct them to exchange positions with Barnes in order to smash it up! 

So you'd play the class winger as number 10. And the rubbish winger who looks most suited to being a 10 as the winger? I'm glad you're not gaffer :D

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I really hope not mate, I'd actually suck Rodgers nut bag on behalf of Under if it meant he was actually given a fair chance.

Ex-parrot.

I'm saying this over and over in the hope that he'll actually start and I'll be proved wrong.

Tonight is the m

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Interchangeably... (get out jail card!)

Haha! I respect the use of the get out of jail card lol

I'm convinced this Maddison injury is going to be the making of Under. Rodgers hand is forced to play a promising player and then he turns out to be an absolute baller.

See Justin, Soyuncu, Thomas, Fofana.

G'won Cengiz!

• Like 1

Tonight is the night for Vardy, Ricardo and Tielemans to make their class and experience prevail. It's essential we score early as I'm convinced we will get early chances regardless of whether we play well or not, very much like we did in the 1st leg where we should have been 2 nil up and have won at least 1 penalty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Debatable I  know, but in Kasper, Ricky, Castagne, Tielemans, N'didi and Jamie we have 6 world class footballers should we choose them......should be more than enough to get the win....

Like the optimism but I'd rather start with 11

Edited by ParkerPen
  • Haha 1

I really hope not scoring over there doesn't come back to bite us. For all the club putting out media that the clean sheet was all important (which it was) we had a pretty poor game on a pretty poor pitch. If they get a goal we have a mountain to climb, and whilst I can see us scoring, we desperately don't want to be hanging on to a 1-0 in the 89th minute knowing a goal sends us crashing out.

An early goal should settle the nerves and make them take risks allowing to exploit space easier than we found in the away leg.

• Like 1

Brendan’s record in the round of 32 (four eliminations, no qualifications), Maddison’s injury and no obvious replacement, Vardy’s lack of form, no away goal, Slavia running away with their league and able to rest players last weekend...

Even though we should win this, there are several good reasons to be concerned. Because of the away goals rule we won’t be able to feel totally secure until or unless we have a three-goal lead.

I imagine it’s going to be a nail biter.