Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

Nervous.  Yes we are the better team, but anything can happen in one game and if they score first... nervous.  Having no real 2nd option to Vardy for striker position is not ideal (I'd guess if needed they'd put Barnes up there?).  I'd imagine Prague also rested pretty much their whole squad today and can afford to rest them game after us because they are so far out of sight in their league.

Start strong and hope for the best. 5 subs will be vital for giving players rest or giving us more energy as the game goes on.

Surely Vardy can't do the full 90? If not we'll have to stick Barnes up there, but he looked shattered at the end of today.

Thankfully it's at home, so with no travelling our players will have an extra days rest, plus the pitch will suit us.

Slavia Prague got a 0-0 v Midtylland of Denmark in September Champions league qualifying an lost 4-1 in the return leg, Prague were leading this game 1-0 until the 65th minute, this could be a tricky test initially, a first half like today, an i'd expect the 2nd half to hopefully be a bit more comfortable though. 

Kasper

Amartey.      Evans.   Soy.       Fuchs/Luke

Albrighton.  Hamza/pappy  youri.     Fuchs/luke

Under

Kel 

id like to be stronger but not sure we can be and then perform on Sunday .....I expect a palace type starting line up at Burnley .....

Seeing as everyone loves specific personnel, might as well go with this...

Kasper

Amartey - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Castagne                                                       Thomas

Mendy - Hamza

Under - Youri - Albrighton

Barnes

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:

Kasper

Castagne - Soyuncu - Evans - Thomas

Hamza - Tielemans

Under - Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

Similar to today, hopefully we can score a couple early and then manage the game/players for the 2nd half, too.

If Maddison's not fit it wouldn't surprise me if Ndidi will play and Tielemans will take Maddison's position higher up the pitch.

I know Rodgers doesn't rate Under so we might see Albrighton there instead.

16 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Slavia Prague got a 0-0 v Midtylland of Denmark in September Champions league qualifying an lost 4-1 in the return leg, Prague were leading this game 1-0 until the 65th minute, this could be a tricky test initially, a first half like today, an i'd expect the 2nd half to hopefully be a bit more comfortable though. 

Their European away record this year is pretty shoddy. 

Away goals basically means we have to win so hopefully no fannying around and put this to bed straight away. We’ve put our stamp on the premier league, now we must show Europe that we are a force to be feared, patronised and dismissed at your peril. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper

Amartey.      Evans.   Soy.       Fuchs/Luke

Albrighton.  Hamza/pappy  youri.     Fuchs/luke

Under

Kel 

id like to be stronger but not sure we can be and then perform on Sunday .....I expect a palace type starting line up at Burnley .....

Ian can’t play suspended

• Like 1

Difficult ,in the sense its hard to decide our most important match .Is it Slovenia or Arsenal ? Normally its the next match but in this case I think they are both equally critical. Probably wisest to regard Slovenia as the most important until Friday.

Obviously I hope Maddison is OK but if he's not we have good alternatives and enough in my opinion to cope with both matches. 

Should we have picked up any other injuries today then BR might have to start thinking about setting priorities but i would n't start setting them yet. Only when its necessary should we limit what we might achieve. IMO its not necessary yet.

Edited by Alan Frost

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Evans

Thomas

Choudhury

Ndidi 

Albrighton

Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy

Need to keep Ricardo/Castagne fresh and I don’t think Madders will be fit. In an ideal world we’ll score a couple early then shithouse the rest of the game.

Read that Rodgers has never got past the last 32 in Europe. Hopefully that’ll change on Thursday. 
Would not risk Maddison. Play Mendy and put tielmans further forward.  

Kasper 

Castagne   Evans   Soyuncu   Thomas    
              Ndidi    Mendy    
                  Tielmans 

Ricardo           Barnes    
                    Vardy