Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

Vardy is has to come off hes now bin awful game after game he isn't right 

He's been poor since December. Albeit limited chances but he has missed more than usual. The problem is there's no decent alternative.

Our players are dead on their feet from all the games/thin squad/injures so I don't get why some fans expect us to just go attacking and gung ho at them. I'd like us to be better at going forward and holding the ball up but they're got pretty much a fresh side out so no wonder they're looking better than us. 

It's gonna be a bit of a slog and our bench isn't strong enough to make any real effective changes. 

• Like 1

I don't even think we've been that bad. Not great by any mean but just too many silly mistakes. Thomas needs to be taken off and Ricardo or Castagne moved over to left back. Vardy also needs to go. It may sound harsh but having Vardy on the pitch at the moment is like playing with 10 men. He needs a rest to recover from his injury.

• Haha 1

Just now, chapero82 said:

Why doesn’t BR change things before something happens? He’s reactive instead of proactive 

For such a highly rated manager, he is one of the worst I've seen for happily sitting back and watching the car roll off a cliff when he could stick a rock behind the wheel 20 minutes beforehand. I just do not understand his thinking sometimes.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Take Thomas off, castagne on the left and bring albrighton on.

Yes, and take Vardy off, he is clearly not quite right and we risk more damage 

I've never known a team to start a player who is so blatantly injured the opposition must be pissing themselves with laugher.  Yet we insist on carrying on with Vardy like it'll all come good.  We may as well play with ten men but this is the situation that the management has put us in, allowing us to basically have zero strikers at the club apart from a 34 year old Vardy.  Its a fooking joke and it will cost us top 4 I've no doubts about it.  We've got nothing in the final third of the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kato said:

How? This is literally the best team available with the injuries we’ve got, maybe could’ve put Ricardo or Castagne at LB and played Albrighton but other than that...? 

Managers don't just pick the team, they dictate how they play. Rodgers has us set up playing way too passively.

Vardy looks too ineffective, witnessing the final straight here boys for him. Legend but no sentiment in football. Has he enough in the locker to fire us to europe between now and May? 

Far too passive, arsenal wont have many easier games. We look like West Brom at home, tentatively trying to attack if we can. Very very poor from a manager and side sat there in 3rd place.

Hope for Brendan's sake we arent witnessing de ja vu again.

Just now, StanSP said:

Our players are dead on their feet from all the games/thin squad/injures so I don't get why some fans expect us to just go attacking and gung ho at them. I'd like us to be better at going forward and holding the ball up but they're got pretty much a fresh side out so no wonder they're looking better than us. 

It's gonna be a bit of a slog and our bench isn't strong enough to make any real effective changes. 

You’re making excuses yet again Stan

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If we go in to the second half with the right attitude, this is still winnable. That's how shit Arsenal are. If we do what we should have done after scoring and go at them full throttle, they'll collapse. 

Why we went all Tony Pulis after scoring I'll never understand. 

Spot on - doubt it will happen sadly though