Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

I think we are massively suffering from the lack of fans more than most teams. As much as I don't like fans jeering and booing, I genuinely think it would have prevented us being behind right now. We have become far too comfortable tossing around at the back with no urgency and no attacking threat. I'd like to see them do that with 30000+ fans around them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t think we can criticise Vardy. The tactics after going 1-0 up were to sit back and kick it up. We’ve approached it all wrong sit scoring the man has had nothing.

vardy is a legend but even he touch atm is awful he can't make a pass or control the ball needs resting for a few games i think 

• Like 1

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

This is the sort of game that Vardy usually steps up and leads from the front. Doesn't he bag every time we play Arsenal? Been a shadow of himself so far, shocking first touch and passing. 

He can barely run. He's been jogging about, with the occasional run (no sprints) and then holding his groin.

Everyone can see there is a problem

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

What the f**k is going on with our Number 9??

A non-league player would be ashamed of his passing/touch at the moment. Seems like he’s running scared and it is impacting the rest of the team.

He doesn’t look fit, still carrying something it seems, was holding his groin area after a sprit earlier in the half 

Just now, StanSP said:

And get caught on the break as they started to pick up steam and organise themselves better. Yeah, that would have worked wonders. 

Can't just attack, attack, attack like that as if we have all the energy in the world lol

We don't even play like that when players are fresh. 

But dropping back we still conceded 2 goals as we never really had the ball so what’s your point?

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Our players are dead on their feet from all the games/thin squad/injures so I don't get why some fans expect us to just go attacking and gung ho at them. I'd like us to be better at going forward and holding the ball up but they're got pretty much a fresh side out so no wonder they're looking better than us. 

It's gonna be a bit of a slog and our bench isn't strong enough to make any real effective changes. 

A solid chunk of our side was rested mid week and Arsenal played on Thursday also but have managed to play on the front foot. 

Sorry Stan but that's just daft. 

We're not parking the bus because of energy levels, we're parking the bus because Rodgers has made a tactical decision this year to put in a low block against perceived bigger sides and counter. And it's paid dividends, we've beaten Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham doing it and it's made sense. 

The error here, however, is in giving Arsenal the respect of a "big side." They aren't, they're absolutely garbage. We did it at the Emirates too, where we only managed to squeeze a win at the death by going to a more attacking posture. 

Sometimes there's an argument for conserving your energy and going later in the game but that makes absolutely no sense today. We've got zero bench, we're starting with our best attackers, some of whom may be tired by the end of the match PLUS Arsenal have a strong bench. The better play here was to try to dominate from the off and rest up in the second half if needs be. 

Rodgers has had some absolutely brilliant tactical moments this season. No doubt. 

But everyone's capable of making mistakes and our approach to this match so far has definitely been a mistake. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

I can already see the Vardy interviews in 2025 whilst he's sat in a wheelchair. 

"We knew it was a risk but we were desperate not to repeat the season before. I gave it my best shot but it was obvious to everyone that my groin had been removed."

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I've never known a team to start a player who is so blatantly injured the opposition must be pissing themselves with laugher.  Yet we insist on carrying on with Vardy like it'll all come good.  We may as well play with ten men but this is the situation that the management has put us in, allowing us to basically have zero strikers at the club apart from a 34 year old Vardy.  Its a fooking joke and it will cost us top 4 I've no doubts about it.  We've got nothing in the final third of the pitch.

Watch Tielemans goal and you’ll see why Vardy plays...

Tielemans carries the ball and 4 Arsenal players run to cover Vardy allowing Tielemans to run free and score.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

And get caught on the break as they started to pick up steam and organise themselves better. Yeah, that would have worked wonders. 

Can't just attack, attack, attack like that as if we have all the energy in the world lol

We don't even play like that when players are fresh. 

Maybe we should learn to... Make hay and all that.. 

Leno nearly put vardy in for the pressure.. Not on about 45/90 mins of it.. But you can kill a game in 20 mins like that.. Failed opportunity 

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I think we are massively suffering from the lack of fans more than most teams. As much as I don't like fans jeering and booing, I genuinely think it would have prevented us being behind right now. We have become far too comfortable tossing around at the back with no urgency and no attacking threat. I'd like to see them do that with 30000+ fans around them.

:giggle:

Lets be honest. Our goal came from some shocking defending and we haven't looked like scoring at all.

Not sure what exactly the problem is, Rodgers has got the team selection right but we just look slow and devoid of ideas.

Arsenal have been bossing it and been able to throw many players forward, but also seem to nullify any counter attack from us and close any space. 

I think it's simply a combination of Arteta getting his tactics spot on and our whole team lacking any real energy or fight. Sitting off Arsenal has not worked at all, we need to go back to pressing and forcing mistakes and breaking quickly. 

No point talking about changes at half-time, as we don't have any one! We just need to increase the tempo and play with much more aggression. 

If we carry on like this, we will concede some more goals with a whimper! Huge 45mins coming up, we are 1-0 down, but that can quickly turn if we start well!  

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Evans is overplayed, Soyuncu hasn't quite got back to his best, Ricardo and Timmy don't look 100%, Youri is overplayed and Vardy isn't even 50%. Without wanting to make excuses, Brendan can't keep performing miracles. Look at Arsenal's bench and look at our's. 

Sadly I think we've got to try and grind wins out whilst half the squad is out then hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks we'll come back much stronger and fresher, especially now we've got no Europe.

It's a real test of the mentality of the squad and the manager at the minute though, have they got the balls for it? I'm not sure, but hopefully they have!