Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

Far too passive. Surprised we’ve been like that after only scoring one although I think that was to try to conserve energy. Paid for it now though. They’ll park the bus and we’ll struggle to break them down. Vardy not fit, Nacho not in best position,  Thomas needs to come off before he gets sent off. Miss not having Maddison, very clear to see. We also look tired.

However we generally do better in the second half and score more late goals than almost every team in the league (bar Man Utd I think). We need to get at them and we usually play better in front foot. Can see Thomas coming off for Under or Albrighton at half-time. I think Vardy should come off too if I’m honest, he looks unfit and can’t see him being a threat to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Vardy has been so bad again.

Every time he gets the ball.

It's horrible to see.

It is, but he does not look right, looks like he is carrying an injury too me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Doesn't take much for foxestalk to turn on the manager and players does it?

I’m fuming and say what I see. Sometimes I slag a player off but it don’t mean I’ve turned on him.

Ndidi’s been poor today but I still don’t wanna lose him.

Our biggest problem is going forward, coming back every time.

• Like 1

Evans is overplayed, Soyuncu hasn't quite got back to his best, Ricardo and Timmy don't look 100%, Youri is overplayed and Vardy isn't even 50%. Without wanting to make excuses, Brendan can't keep performing miracles. Look at Arsenal's bench and look at our's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chuck'em said:

He doesn't make Ndidi raise his hands in the box. He's not the one that can't pass a ball to a team mate 10 yards today. He sets them up but players have to take responsibility for this 

No he's the one having us play so deep that we have no choice but to chuck a ball to their centre back to just casually head down to a team mate and go for another wave of attack again. We've been so deep and negative its unbelievable. If we just play higher up the pitch 90% of the problems go. But no. Master plan isn't it to sit in our own area after we score a goal. 

Just far too passive after our goal.

Albrighton for Thomas is the obvious first change with Ricardo going to LB.

It might be worth trying Under through the middle at some point if we get desperate. I just have a feeling he might creating something from a number 10 position. We’re just a bit short of impact subs. 

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Youri’s goal shows how fragile they are at the back yet we go 1-0 up and drop back wtf

Just now, Simonb said:

100% agree... Should've gone attack attack attack.. They were shaken.. Just invited them to come at us. 

Vardys been shite again

Get Schmeichel to do the half time talk.. He'll get in to them 

And get caught on the break as they started to pick up steam and organise themselves better. Yeah, that would have worked wonders. 

Can't just attack, attack, attack like that as if we have all the energy in the world lol

We don't even play like that when players are fresh. 

2 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

He doesn't make Ndidi raise his hands in the box. He's not the one that can't pass a ball to a team mate 10 yards today. He sets them up but players have to take responsibility for this 

You're right he doesn't - but you can only invite so much pressure on yourself before mistakes happen.

This seems down to the game plan - we seem to have deliberately sat back.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Doesn't take much for foxestalk to turn on the manager and players does it?

We score, a page and a half gets added to the thread.

We concede a goal or a pen, several pages in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Just now, chuck'em said:

He did decide that we sit deep, isolate the strikers and wingers tuck in and protect the full backs.  Thus inviting pressure, pressure that has lead to 2 goals.

The plan my friend has not worked.  Now we have to push on leaving ourselves exposed, more and more the half goes on.

This is against a poor male shift Arsenal.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The slide has began, totally rubbish after we went infront

I said this a few weeks ago - got told to shut up, but my observation of the performances, even when we’ve won, has been similar to last season. Reluctancy to attack and instead play not to lose 

• Like 1

Well, as some of us said, Ricardo should never have been starting on the wing.  If he's on the left instead of Thomas that's a very different half, though Ndidi was directly at fault for both goals.

Vardy looks completely ineffectual, but what are the alternatives?  I suppose you could put Under in the hole with Kelechi up front and Albrighton on right wing, but I think you just have to put Under there, slide Ricardo to LB and ride it out hoping Vardy does something in the 2nd half.

Edited by Deeg67

Where's our intent? Blimey this is so negative and we're just not on it today. As we were on Thursday night. This is Arsenal, but it could be Wycombe Wanderers given the way we're playing. We're not bullying them at all, we can't keep hold of the ball and we have no real threat at the moment. 

This will take a massive turnaround to get something for this given they have Sako and Aubemayang on the bench. Actually they don't need those two they are quite comfortable as they are. 

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Just far to negative, the few times we have gone forward the arsenal defence look all over the place.
I just don’t get what Rodgers says to the players we never look fired up for games 

Well that’s the thing he doesn’t fire them up he believes in being calm on the touch line and just generally shouts instructions. Could imagine he is really calm in the dressing room too. Sometimes this team just needs a good bollocking imo 

• Haha 1