Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Arsenal match thread - Sunday 28th at 12.00

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I think we are massively suffering from the lack of fans more than most teams. As much as I don't like fans jeering and booing, I genuinely think it would have prevented us being behind right now. We have become far too comfortable tossing around at the back with no urgency and no attacking threat. I'd like to see them do that with 30000+ fans around them.

Abaolutley 100%. Would never get away with being this negative if fans were there. 

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Couldn’t hold out for 39 minutes against a terrible Arsenal team. Given we’re so bad at defending set pieces, you’d think we’d try not to play so deep and invite a lot of pressure on.

Don’t think we have the legs to take the game to them now. I think this might be a good game for Choudhury actually, he could inject a more energy into our performance.

Agree with your first para but getting Hamza on is definitely not the way to go and it goes against what you said about not inviting pressure on. Hamza just knows how to pass backwards and defend. We need to go all out attacking. Let’s not fear anymore and play. If we lose so be it but to lose in this way is hard to take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrishlcfc said:

Eerily reminiscent of what happened towards the end of last season.

That really was a shocking half of football, lucky to be 2-1 down

Yeah it’s almost like Brendan has them believing they are better than they are, then a poor defeat leaves the players questioning either him or theirselves.

Last seasons capitulation can’t have been down to his Tactics and game plans, as he has proved on long runs that he often gets it right.

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’m fuming and say what I see. Sometimes I slag a player off but it don’t mean I’ve turned on him.

Ndidi’s been poor today but I still don’t wanna lose him.

Our biggest problem is going forward, coming back every time.

We have too many injuries in our attacking  personnel- this was always a free hit too me. 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

It would be nice if you could rely on us to score rather than concede a cheap set piece goal or two over the season. The one we conceded today was laughably bad. A simple ball into the box with no great place and Luiz left with a free header. 

We could literally stood one player out of the line and on the penalty spot, it would have stopped that goal. Absolute shit for brains from us 

2 minutes ago, lennybhoy said:

I must be watching a different game.All I see here are people saying Arsenal are shit.Arsenal are destroying us.Its Leicester who are shit today.Dont matter if Arsenal are not at full strength,they don’t need to be.Up to Rodgers now to sort it.

Arsenal are shit but yes they are destroying us as we have been utterly pathetic again like we were on Thursday. 

Hadn’t noticed Vardy holding his groin but if so that’s a disaster, injuries defining the second half of our season again. Albrighton and Tavares on for Thomas and Vardy maybe ? Can’t see anyone else on the bench who’d help us attack with more intensity. Tavares as unknown quantity and Barnes would be wasted as a 10 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

He doesn’t look fit, still carrying something it seems, was holding his groin area after a sprit earlier in the half 

If he’s not fit, he shouldn’t be playing. Maybe he’s holding his groin as an excuse for how terrible his form is right now. Either way it’s like we are playing with ten men.

1 minute ago, Buggsteam said:

Again. We failed to strengthen in Jan and it’s costing us. 
they look tired and ran out of ideas. 
allowed them back into the game and they’ve punished us. 

Be careful what you say in your fist paragraph i got slated on Thursday has some said I lived in a fantasy world