Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Even a draw against Spurs could do it for us if Liverpool lost or Chelsea lost by at least 3 (we would go above them on goals scored)

there could still be a big twist on the last day.

Rudiger early red card....

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Even a draw against Spurs could do it for us if Liverpool lost or Chelsea lost by at least 3 (we would go above them on goals scored)

I worry for us if Liverpool/Chelsea conceding 3 seems more likely than beating Spurs! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Just read what you put. If we don't win Sunday then it's over. If we do win, we have a tiny chance. More likely Villa do us a favour than Palace though. Still think neither will slip up and we aren't winning 5/6-0.

All of the so called big 6 aside from Man city have had experiences in the Europa league, Man utd winning it in 2017, Chelsea in 2013 and 2019 (Arsenal finalists that year) and Liverpool winning before that in 2001, a guy I watched the FA cup final reflected back on going down to League 1 and the championship play off defeats, that in hindsight they were a blessing as we would of come straight back down like West Brom and Norwich seem to do. Perhaps this Europa stage is needed, so that when we do eventually get into the CL because, unlike others I happen to believe that it's when and not if, we will be a much stronger opponent and compete better in the competition. I do believe our goal should be to win it if we are in it again next season.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Out of our hands now! Shocking from the position we were in. This squad needs sorting next season if they wanna take all competitions seriously.

Cant believe we’ve been too 4 all pissing season until the 37th game. Can’t believe it looks like it’s happening again.

BR scrap this 352 crap

Cos pf our fixtures though. We always knew if was a tough 3 games. It was the Newcastle and Soton games that screwed us

• Like 1

So we need to win on Sunday by 4 more than Liverpool win by.  

A draw would be good enough if Liverpool lose to Palace.  At Anfield.  With fans.

Most realistic chance is a win by any scoreline against Spurs and hope Villa don't lose.

West Ham need a point at home against Southampton to secure Europa League, leaving Spurs, Everton and Arsenal (59, 59 & 58 points) battling it out for UEFA Conference spot.  Personally I can't see Spurs or Arsenal wanting that particular distraction next season.  They'd be better off not playing in Europe and concentrate on the league.

Our biggest drawback is options. We simply don’t have options on our bench. There’s no one we can bring on to impact or change a game significantly. This is where we need to improve. We need proper depth. You can’t rely on an 11 to get it done week in week out, otherwise you get incidents like Newcastle, and have no real options available to change the game enough. 

If we can keep the players we have (but sack off Perez) and bring in some quality we may be able to challenge more seriously next season, or better still win the EL.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Nah, bring Sunday on. Let’s beat Spurs first and see if anything happens from there.

I want us to beat Spurs, an beat them big, as if still don't do it we will of ended on a high for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

All of the so called big 6 aside from Man city have had experiences in the Europa league, Man utd winning it in 2017, Chelsea in 2013 and 2019 (Arsenal finalists that year) and Liverpool winning before that in 2001, a guy I watched the FA cup final reflected back on going down to League 1 and the championship play off defeats, that in hindsight they were a blessing as we would of come straight back down like West Brom and Norwich seem to do. Perhaps this Europa stage is needed, so that when we do eventually get into the CL because, unlike others I happen to believe that it's when and not if, we will be a much stronger opponent and compete better in the competition. I do believe our goal should be to win it if we are in it again next season.

It also builds co-efficiency too. As we start to grow as a club, our efficiency in Europe will too. 

• Like 1

We’ve got to win. To stand any chance. If people think we can draw and hope Liverpool or Chelsea will get beat by 3 or more goals then you’re more deluded than Col The Troll 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

We’ve got to win. To stand any chance. If people think we can draw and hope Liverpool or Chelsea will get beat by 3 or more goals then you’re more deluded than Col The Troll 

Yeah I think we all know its absolute must win. It would be Leicester drama to sneak in the back last day just like that Playoff year. It could also be a meagre fall away which I am mentally prepped for too.

Good thing is we are used to this feeling now. Let’s remember we’ll all be absolutely buzzing first day of next season. 

Someone said it so well the other week. I think we as fans need a summer off. It’s really fvcking exhausting being the underdog all the time lol 

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I want us to beat Spurs, an beat them big, as if still don't do it we will of ended on a high for sure.

Exactly even if we don’t get top 4 we get to ruin Spurs end to the season, hopefully Son crying, and Harry Kane looking disconsolate while Levy waives his contract to remind Kane he’s stuck there at least a year longer. And Amartey kicking over all the Spurs water bottles over like the devious w**ker Chelsea fans think he is.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Yeah I think we all know its absolute must win. It would be Leicester drama to sneak in the back last day just like that Playoff year. It could also be a meagre fall away which I am mentally prepped for too.

Good thing is we are used to this feeling now. Let’s remember we’ll all be absolutely buzzing first day of next season. 

Someone said it so well the other week. I think we as fans need a summer off. It’s really fvcking exhausting being the underdog all the time lol 

....Allez les bleus?

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We are going to do it lads. We’ll beat Spurs and Villa will get something. Trust me. 

Villa are a different team with Grealish.

Bossed it against Spurs tonight while he was on the pitch

and on Sunday in front of their own fans .......

We need to win though .....