Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Even a draw against Spurs could do it for us if Liverpool lost or Chelsea lost by at least 3 (we would go above them on goals scored)

there could still be a big twist on the last day.

Call me a fantasist, but I think there is a big twist yet. I feel that we will beat Spurs and one of Chelsea or Liverpool will drop points. 

We need to win, I wanna see us take care of our business, perhaps if we are looking good with 

Just now, Fox in the North said:

Exactly even if we don’t get top 4 we get to ruin Spurs end to the season, hopefully Son crying, and Harry Kane looking disconsolate while Levy waives his contract to remind Kane he’s stuck there at least a year longer. And Amartey kicking over all the Spurs water bottles over like the devious w**ker Chelsea fans think he is.

I just have in my head 5-1 or 6-1, the 5-1 comes from the QPR game when I thought it will be a potential relegation battle, an as it turned out they were down, we were safe, the sun come out the goals flowed, an then 6-1 the revenge scoreline, the rain came Kane kept bagging, there are chances in that Spurs defence, lets take one of those CL spots an delightfully from probably Chelsea, if one is to slip.

Villa to beat Chelsea, who will the old one eye on the CL Final and not losing two finals in a season. 

While not getting CL would he disappointing, a few years in the Europa isn’t the worst thing in the world. We are European novices remember. Perhaps the worst thing about it is it might detract from retaining our standout players.

This is a long term project remember… 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

I will go to the King Power on Sunday with no expectation but just a little hope that we can still pull this off.

But even if we don’t I shall cheer the team to the rafters before, during and after the game (when presumably the FA Cup will be paraded). I said a few weeks ago that I would be happy with either an FA Cup win or CL qualification, preferably the former, so I can’t go back on that now however disheartened I might feel on Sunday evening.

In my ACCA terms....3 of 5 legs have won. 2 more to go (not including us beating spurs). Let's see. It is what it is. 

I wouldn't change being at wembo and celebrating the way we did for finishing 2nd !!

4 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Bottle jobs when it comes to the league.

Got to win your bread and butter games vs teams like Fulham, 10 men Southampton and Newcastle. 

if they lose out - that's where they blew it.  Speaks to squad depth unfortunately.  The Liverpools of the world get past those matches because they have much better talent in reserve.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Our biggest drawback is options. We simply don’t have options on our bench. There’s no one we can bring on to impact or change a game significantly. This is where we need to improve. We need proper depth. You can’t rely on an 11 to get it done week in week out, otherwise you get incidents like Newcastle, and have no real options available to change the game enough. 

If we can keep the players we have (but sack off Perez) and bring in some quality we may be able to challenge more seriously next season, or better still win the EL.

Agree.

As we are now, we're top contenders for the... EL.

We can't expect challenging for the top 4 with that bench. That said, we should've done better against Fulham, Soton and Newcastle. If we handled it properly, Liverpool winning or losing or the Chelsea game wouldn't even come in discussion. I honestly don't know if we will be in contention for the top 4 next season.

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Now the pressure is on ? Lol

Pressure has been on the last dozen games to stay in the top 4....

We’ve not been able to cope with that pressure unfortunately 

Might be better that we are 5th, can’t get any worse now so might as well just go for it 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Might be better that we are 5th, can’t get any worse now so might as well just go for it 

Be pretty pissed off if all of a sudden we actually pass the ball forward on Sunday...😂

It's a great day to be a doom and gloomer.

Please let me know where I go wrong:

If we win, and Chelsea or Liverpool draw or lose, we're in the CL

If we draw, but Liverpool lose, we're in. 

If we win, but both Liverpool and Chelsea also win, we miss the CL unless we can overturn a 4 goal differential?

Yes, it's out of our hands but this is not exactly 5000-1 stuff. There's still a very good chance it works out for us. 

• Like 2

Will be gutted to miss out on Champions League again but this will still go down as our 2nd best ever season, If we do drop into the Europa League it is a much more streamlined competition than it was this season and we should go all out and try to win it.

• Like 1

I’m as disappointed as anyone about missing out on top 4 (although the cup win has softened it) if we can keep getting more points than the previous season it will come, Atleast a couple of the ‘big six’ will drop off again. Quality outside our starting 11 has killed us again but hopefully we improve that in the summer

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I’m as disappointed as anyone about missing out on top 4 (although the cup win has softened it) if we can keep getting more points than the previous season it will come, Atleast a couple of the ‘big six’ will drop off again. Quality outside our starting 11 has killed us again but hopefully we improve that in the summer

Can’t see arsenal and Spurs improving much, the jury is out on Man U still despite finishing 2nd. Man City and Chelsea are too far ahead and I expect if Liverpool get top 4 to be 3rd. 

It will be disappointing but not the end of the world it’s just a shame we are so close to getting champions league two seasons running but cannot make it, hopefully with a couple of additions and more squad depth we can go for it again next season.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Can’t see arsenal and Spurs improving much, the jury is out on Man U still despite finishing 2nd. Man City and Chelsea are too far ahead and I expect if Liverpool get top 4 to be 3rd. 

Agree! First 11 we are as good as anyone bar like 2 teams but we have to play these players too much and they burn out with a few games to go

33 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I’m sorry, but there’s no chance a player who’s any good will join west ham over us, laughable. 

You ask anybody in Spain or Germany who West Ham are and they’d come back to you with two slices of bloomer and some mustard ready to make you a butty ffs! 

19 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Villa are a different team with Grealish.

Bossed it against Spurs tonight while he was on the pitch

and on Sunday in front of their own fans .......

We need to win though .....