Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

We just need one of these three games involving Liverpool and Chelsea to go our way.

I think beating Tottenham will be a big ask. They're not as good as they were, but it's far from a given even with Evans, Justin, Barnes in the side.

Spooky!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yet again, if Iheanacho doesn't score, what threat is there? Vardy I think next season has to become more of a squad player, 100% someone you'll still use but he can't be starting every game playing like this. Perez needs moving on, he's totally out of his depth

Perez needs moving on and replaced with an attacking player who isn't allergic to goals and assist. And as you said Vardy should be more of a useful squad player rather than a starter. Seeing as we are about to sign Soumare and Gosens, that's 70% of our budget gone. We don't have the money to sign a really good striker and attacking midfielder. This is why not getting Champions League is so disappointing. 

Just now, Koke said:

Perez needs moving on and replaced with an attacking player who isn't allergic to goals and assist. And as you said Vardy should be more of a useful squad player rather than a starter. Seeing as we are about to sign Soumare and Gosens, that's 70% of our budget gone. We don't have the money to sign a really good striker and attacking midfielder. This is why not getting Champions League is so disappointing. 

Gosens isn't coming I don't think. Looking like Bertrand on a free. It's quite the comedown lol

Perez has been a horror of a signing sadly. We could've signed so much better. Hopefully lessons were learned.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Gosens isn't coming I don't think. Looking like Bertrand on a free. It's quite the comedown lol

Perez has been a horror of a signing sadly. We could've signed so much better. Hopefully lessons were learned.

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs but Watford signed Ismala Sarr in the same summer for roughly the same price when we needed a right-winger, but instead we bought Perez in and played him out wide for a good chunk of that season. 

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs but Watford signed Ismala Sarr in the same summer for roughly the same price when we needed a right-winger, but instead we bought Perez in and played him out wide for a good chunk of that season. 

Trincao was the one we missed by all accounts. Dallied on it and Barca swooped in. He might still be attainable but it won't be cheap, is my guess.

Saying that he hasn't exactly ripped it up for them lol 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I loved the Europa League this season, its very competitive and isn't the farmers league it's made out to be. Some class teams in it and ones we can win against as well (like we could in the CL too to be fair)

Looks like there is a pretty good chance Juventus are going to be in the Europa League. Chance of winning it getting slimmer lol

I've said it a few times over last couple of season but personally would much prefer away trips to Athens, Braga and Prague compared to Madrid, Barcelona and Paris. Our champions League group was a bit Europa League and it was fantastic. 

However I am definitely only saying this to make myself feel better if we don't qualify lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eskay said:

Andy King on SSN was very very confident that we'll still do it. Said there's no way Liverpool win both of their games. 

Kin'ell I hope you're right Kingy ! 

They like us, have had a real problem of breaking down the low block and off the top of my head have dropped points like us, to Burnley, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Villa

40 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

They like us, have had a real problem of breaking down the low block and off the top of my head have dropped points like us, to Burnley, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and Villa

I agree with you...but it's just that first half yesterday.... they looked a different animal. I don't understand where they found the energy. 

I really want us to be in a position where a 2-3 goal win is what we need against Spurs, if a draw, is what we need, I fear Rogers goes too safe, Spurs weakness is the defence, I wanna see plenty of attacking, I don't care what the other two do, I wanna see a 2-3 goal win, an lets see where that takes us.

Kinda better than last season in a weird way, we were top 4 for so long like this season, but lost 4th place after the 38th game.  This season we have dropped out on game 37, but have 1 last chance to get it, and if we dont we dont, but at least it wont feel like last season if we miss out by it being the last game, and no coming back, but if we get in on final game it'll be like winning cup number 2 this season, keep the faith, foxes never quit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1