Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Just now, lcfcfoz said:

Kinda better than last season in a weird way, we were top 4 for so long like this season, but lost 4th place after the 38th game.  This season we have dropped out on game 37, but have 1 last chance to get it, and if we dont we dont, but at least it wont feel like last season if we miss out by it being the last game, and no coming back, but if we get in on final game it'll be like winning cup number 2 this season, keep the faith, foxes never quit

We were out the top four prior to game 38 if I recall correctly

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

We were out the top four prior to game 38 if I recall correctly

My bad, well still in our hands I meant, as a win would of done as was against a challenger, this time no pressure of that, but if we win and there is a draw or loss to 1 of our rivals, we will be celebrating like a cup win, but if it dont happen, we kinda expect it anyway

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Like 1

To be fair to Liverpool they have had to win games, and they are certainly doing that, whilst not firing on all cylinders.

We have had to beat either a poor Newcastle side & 10 man Southampton or Chelsea to pretty much confirm top 4 and we have failed to take our chance.

Maddison said in his Pre- match interview that the players knew what was at stake, and they had gone to Stamford Bridge to WIN!

I didn’t see any real attacking intent or desire to get 3 points untill it was too late.

Our home form is patchy at best I’m unsure how the Spurs game will pan out and Kane loves a goal or 2 against us.

Failure to secure top 4 again this season if it turns out to be a 5th place finish will hurt.

Man C Man U and Chelsea and Liverpool will all strengthen and top 4 next season will be even harder to achieve.

The 2 times we have had a excellent chance and failed/froze at the last hurdle.

If we fail to secure top 4 next season providing we miss out, Rodgers and others may feel we have gone as far as we can in the league and move elsewhere to secure CL football is needed.

30 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I really want us to be in a position where a 2-3 goal win is what we need against Spurs, if a draw, is what we need, I fear Rogers goes too safe, Spurs weakness is the defence, I wanna see plenty of attacking, I don't care what the other two do, I wanna see a 2-3 goal win, an lets see where that takes us.

That's ultimately what was our downfall in the Chelsea game, I said beforehand if we played for a draw we wouldn't get it, then when we were 2-0 down we showed what we could do.  A mentality issue.

Don't do this to yourselves lads.

Chelsea will overwhelm Villa with their high energy and tempo and just grind them out. And Liverpool are facing the most boring shit cvnts in the league. No point in getting hopes up. 

Enjoy the summer and we go again next season.

• Sad 1

West Ham look likely to be playing EL with us. Meaning they will have the same if not better bargaining power on the transfer market. David Moyes has done fantastic there almost quietly. Shows you what patience can bring. Although fans are back Sunday so they will probably lose.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

West Ham look likely to be playing EL with us. Meaning they will have the same if not better bargaining power on the transfer market. David Moyes has done fantastic there almost quietly. Shows you what patience can bring. Although fans are back Sunday so they will probably lose.

We’re clearly the 5th best team in the league, we’re stable and finished 5th last season + our manager and training facility - if we both want the same player, he’s coming to us

• Like 1

Out of our hands now! Shocking from the position we were in. This squad needs sorting next season if they wanna take all competitions seriously.

Cant believe we’ve been too 4 all pissing season until the 37th game. Can’t believe it looks like it’s happening again.

BR scrap this 352 crap

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Don't do this to yourselves lads.

Chelsea will overwhelm Villa with their high energy and tempo and just grind them out. And Liverpool are facing the most boring shit cvnts in the league. No point in getting hopes up. 

Enjoy the summer and we go again next season.

Even the most pessimistic fan can’t deny that small voice of hope that says ‘what if…’

the hardest thing for me is that I knew we’d ****ed it after Newcastle but have had to watch if unfold slowly, all with hope it might just go our way. Gut punches at Newcastle, Allison goal, last night, tonight etc. Sunday will bring some relief either way because the hope is gone and we can move on and look forward to next season.

Dont get me wrong. The season on the whole has been a huge success given the FA cup, and given one or the other I’m pleased we have that. However given our standing in the league over the whole season it would still be bitterly disappointing to see us finish in fifth at this point! Still one last ‘what if’ on Sunday though…

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

We’re clearly the 5th best team in the league, we’re stable and finished 5th last season + our manager and training facility - if we both want the same player, he’s coming to us

You would hope so but London is always more attractive and West Ham are a better brand name arguably (on history). I don't think this summer will bring much spending

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

You would hope so but London is always more attractive and West Ham are a better brand name arguably (on history). I don't think this summer will bring much spending

I’m sorry, but there’s no chance a player who’s any good will join west ham over us, laughable.