Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 5-0 Sheff Utd - Vote Now

Leicester City 5-0 Sheff Utd

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.4

Total Average Rating

223 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 9.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ricardo Pereira 6.4
  4. Manager Confidence 98% +2%

Season: 2020/21
Voting Starts: 14/03/21
Voting Ends: 19/03/21

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Wesley Fofana
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Timothy Castagne
  9. Ayoze Pérez
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Khanya Leshabela (sub)

Had JV and Evans - I thought he really bought us stability at the back and cleaned up. JV didn't score (officially) but made a couple including a sublime pass.

But... on reflection, how can you not give it to Nacho for a hat-trick.. I must've been so shocked!  :)

Well done Kels.

I'm always amazed when my match ratings line up roughly with the overall ratings especially as I always feel I would be helped by some sort of guide as to absolute values as opposed to relative values . For instance I gave Iheanacho 9 today as I thought he worked hard ( best ever i've seen from him) and took all his goals well. However the opposition was extremely poor and he missed a sitter. Early on when the match looked far more even , say the first 15=20 minutes, I thought we were regaining  possession due largely to SU mistakes. and during this early period it seemed to me Vardy was pressing more effectively than for several matches but was still lacking enough support in pressing from iheanacho and Perez..  During this early period Perez was getting knocked off the ball at times, not linking as well as he did later and while much better the first half hour felt very flat to me and I was very aware of my pessimistic feelings pre-match.

Our goal was never threatened but we were limited to a couple of long inaccurate shots and the Perez  header. We gradually were improving then scored an excellent goal and improved rapidly ,often being gifted possession, Ndidi was doing well and it seemed we hardly needed to press after the goal .Only seen the goals from touchline angle . Obviously that was fine for the first goal but the Perez and follow up goals all seemed amazingly well struck and directed. We now hardly seemed to need to press and were almost constantly in possession. 

So I gave Iheanacho a 9 gratefully ,especially as he was trying to get JV a goal which he should have had, but feel a bit generous as he could have had a couple more although it seems a bit harsh that he would have had to press like a supersonic steam roller and score five goals to have got a ten from me. I'm just so pleased for him and he was so grateful and seems one of the good guys and quite devout.

I also felt so mean only giving Kasper a 6 after some of his recent performances  but how could I give him more than 6? The bugger never seemed to be doing anything. But I gave him 6 as so far however little he has had to do I always assume he follows the match ,totally alert and he pressed the grass down nicely at the edge of most of the penalty box, yelling head away ,and then very quietly and unheard " .I' ll be with you in a minute when I've pressed this tricky bit down.". I also deducted 1/4 point from the whole midfield for two much passing back although having watched a couple of Man City matches since we last played (seemed like a month) I gather even the best do it quite often these days. I only gave the young lad substituted on a 6 but he looked impressive to me.

8 hours ago, Bluefoxtim said:

Sky sports player ratings...

Schmeichel gets a 5, Ramsdale a 6 lol

Kel gets only an 8. 

Ramsdale made a few saves, Kasper barely touched the ball. I think that's fair. 

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

It all depends on what you call average. I would say a 6 is a player with minimal impact upon a game, where they neither do anything special nor do they make any mistakes. 
In this game to be fair Kasper could have been given a n/a. 

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

5 is usually a score people give to someone who has had a bad game. Goes back to the old Shoot/Match/90 minutes mag ratings. 6 was always a mark for an average performance and that’s what Schmeichel should’ve got (purely because he didn’t have much to do but what he did have to do was done with no issues.) 

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It all depends on what you call average. I would say a 6 is a player with minimal impact upon a game, where they neither do anything special nor do they make any mistakes. 
In this game to be fair Kasper could have been given a n/a. 

Exactly!  How can you mark a keeper that has nothing to do during the whole game?

Kasper wasn't involved in the game because Sheffield didn't  cause him to make a single save!  

• Like 1