Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

Do we know what happened to Praet saw on Instagram that he arrived for the game but wasn’t included in the squad. Hoping it’s because he wasn’t yet deemed ready for the match day squad rather than any setbacks in his rehab? 

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure why you think this is strange? For someone who is used to going to the stadium and enjoying what that brings and the first time in recent history we get to the FA cup final and we cannot go to Wembley and see our team from the stands? I guess if you are used to watching us on TV pre lockdown then you wouldn't notice anything different. But if you're used to going to the games then you'll get it. 

So basically if you can't be there it's not worth bothering with? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

So basically if you can't be there it's not worth bothering with? 

That's not what I said is it? I said it would be awful ("a real gut") to get to the final after all these years and not be able to be there and partake in the occasion. Not once did I say it's not worth bothering with. I would RATHER we win it next year when we can be there. I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if we do win it this year though. Plus like I said. I just always want to beat Manure. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

That's not what I said is it? I said it would be awful ("a real gut") to get to the final after all these years and not be able to be there and partake in the occasion. Not once did I say it's not worth bothering with. I would RATHER we win it next year when we can be there. I'm not going to cry myself to sleep if we do win it this year though. Plus like I said. I just always want to beat Manure. 

Obviously, we'd all rather be in the Final when crowds can attend, kind of goes without saying really. 

But it's not really a choice is it? 

No guarantee we'll be anywhere near it next season or any other time come to that. 

We can't afford to be choosy about these things. 

• Like 4

Steely determination to win and have some pride is what's needed in this game. We need to be all up in their faces from kick-off from Vardy being a pest up front to N'didi breaking everything up to kasper keeping the ball out of the net. Our experienced seniors will know how big this game is and how much it will mean to all us fans to beat manu. FFS slab head is capitoning them so what more motivation do the players need??

Manu will be tired and the last thing they will want is another hard game where they have to work their socks off. Win or lose they will be absolutely drained afterwards which will affect them in the league. As long as our players do their very best and show no fear thats all I ask. COYF! :chant:  

32 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Obviously, we'd all rather be in the Final when crowds can attend, kind of goes without saying really. 

But it's not really a choice is it? 

No guarantee we'll be anywhere near it next season or any other time come to that. 

We can't afford to be choosy about these things. 

:frusty: - only response I can have I'm afraid.....

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Obviously beating them in the league game would be vastly preferable, but I don't see winning both matches as mutually exclusive.  Beat them once, shows you can beat them twice.

Absolutely - what is it they say about waiting for buses again?

Maybe we'll take it to extremes over the next few seasons, like Liverpool's home form. :ph34r:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Do we know what happened to Praet saw on Instagram that he arrived for the game but wasn’t included in the squad. Hoping it’s because he wasn’t yet deemed ready for the match day squad rather than any setbacks in his rehab? 

Rodgers said post match he wasn't quite ready. I was surprised Rodgers mentioned he was in contention before hand as he'd only been back in full training earlier in the week. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Rodgers said post match he wasn't quite ready. I was surprised Rodgers mentioned he was in contention before hand as he'd only been back in full training earlier in the week. 

Makes sense thanks, thought it seemed a bit premature given how long he’d been out. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I’ve heard he is very close now and Madders isn’t far behind ...   ..  

Good news. Would be good if Praet could make the bench for the MU game, and then both him and Madders fit for the run in after the international break. 

Think the 3 atb could be here to stay whilst Barnes is out, and is probably the way to go against Man City as well after the Man Utd game. Gives a bit more defensive solidarity and means we can go more direct when we have no real wide options.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 14:33, filbertway said:

Thinking outside the box here...could we play Vardy and Albrighton either side of Iheanacho with Perez in behind. Vardy's best work came in that left hand corridor

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans/Soy

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

Vardy on the left wing? Are you Nigel Pearson in disguise?

We absolutely need to keep the formation and same team as Sheffield United except maybe Ricardo if he's not fit. Vardy and Iheanacho have to start together whilst they are in the form they are and if it continues, Barnes won't be straight back in the team when he is fit. I think we could potentially still keep the formation when everyone is fit as Madders and Perez can fight it out for the 10 position and Barnes could fight with Iheanacho and Vardy to play up front. 

However, it was only Sheffield United and it will be interesting to see if the formation would work against better teams. 

I think Rodgers will go with 3 at the back 2 up top again. He may go with another midfielder instead of Perez so we don't get overrun in midfield and help defend against their wide players but depends  how fit Praet is. The good thing is Rodgers will have a full week to prepare for this and I'm sure will be looking at how they can counter the risk of Utd overloading the wide areas against our back 3. 

I think it will be mix match team, I think he will rest a few and I dont think youri will play. Vardy may play the first 45 to see if he grab a goal too boost his confidence. 

Kasper

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuchu

Thomas

Armartey

Choudhury

Praet 

Perez

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Evans, ndidi and youri to be rested 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think it will be mix match team, I think he will rest a few and I dont think youri will play. Vardy may play the first 45 to see if he grab a goal too boost his confidence. 

Kasper

Castagne

Fofana

Soyuchu

Thomas

Armartey

Choudhury

Praet 

Perez

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Evans, ndidi and youri to be rested