Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

Utd don't really have bad players. 

We'll have to play very well and convert a much higher proportion of our chances than we did today. 

They'll have to go strong, which is a huge compliment to us and shows how far we've come. 

It'll be close but we're more than capable 

• Like 1

Normally, I'd much prefer a flat back 4, but I think 3 at the back allows us to get more of our best available players in currently. I think Perez is much better as a no.10. A back 4 with him in the team would mean putting him wide or dropping Nacho/Vardy or playing one of them out of position.

I'd keep the same team as today. Hopefully, the bench will be a bit stronger, with Praet added to it.

Vardy      Nacho

Perez

Castagne   Tielemans   Ndidi   Ricardo

Soyuncu    Evans    Fofana

Kasper

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Hamza, Tavares/Leshabela, Praet, Albrighton

• Like 1

I don’t really care that much about this competition and even I’d go full strength here.  A week off before (coming off our easiest game of the season), two weeks after.  Just field the best 11 you have healthy and go for it.

Obviously MC will win this but you still have a 2/3 shot at missing them in the semis if you get through.  And if we get really lucky we could even miss Chelski (who we could certainly beat on a good day).  If the schedule crunch around this match were worse that'd be one thing, but it comes at a perfect time for us to have a go.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Obviously MC will win this but you still have a 2/3 shot at missing them in the semis if you get through.  And if we get really lucky we could even miss Chelski (who we could certainly beat on a good day).  If the schedule crunch around this match were worse that'd be one thing, but it comes at a perfect time for us to have a go.

Man City have the league wrapped up, they will be aiming for a CL win at all costs. Potential for Pep to mess up one of the FA Cup games.

After watching Sheff United on the weekend, I really can’t see them putting up any sort of fight against Chelsea.

Man City Everton will depend on which XI both teams put out, but can’t see Everton upsetting Man City without all of their best players.

We win this and get a lucky draw against Southampton or Bournemouth and play Chelsea in the final! 
It’s out year!

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Would love us to win it but if not use it as an opportunity to hospitalise Bruno 

Edit: joking of course :ph34r:

Hell top 4 wise hospitalising the cheating rat would be as good as 6 extra points to us. Man utd will be clinging to 4th by their fingertips without him. 

Ricky doesn’t look quite the same since he came back from his ACL injury. Might be his hamstring issue, or might be a bit of a mental/confidence issue - hardly surprising with such a horrible injury. If there’s any doubt on fitness, better to leave him to recovery fully, otherwise give him at least some playing time (as we are have been doing).

Edited by WigstonWanderer

59 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Perez was given the opportunity to play his preferred position and prove his point, he did that imo. Has to be Nacho, Vardy, Perez again.

I am inclined to agree, but he will not be afforded the luxury of that time and space to operate against any other team in the Premier League or any of our remaining fixtures.

I just hope we don’t set up like Spurs or West Ham and offer them too much respect. It’s about time we showed them less and put a stake in the ground. Their defence is not as good as ours. Let’s get at them. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ricky doesn’t look quite the same since he came back from his ACL injury. Might be his hamstring issue, or might be a bit of a mental/confidence issue - hardly surprising with such a horrible injury. If there’s any doubt on fitness, better to leave him to recovery fully, otherwise give him at least some playing time (as we are have been doing).

It's quite common to get hamstring issues after having an ACL operation. Isn't it because they use some of the hamstring to repair the knee ligament?