Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

On 18/03/2021 at 11:47, OrielCaziado said:

Been a strange couple of weeks watching European games for me.  I’m normally one of those people who want the English teams beat and never want Man Utd ever to win. However, having happily watching Chelsea go through and keep their fixture load full I will now be hoping United do the same and keep them European trips coming. 

Why would you want our teams to get beat?

6 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Why would you want our teams to get beat?

It's a strange one as I usually want British teams to do well in European competitions but if you think about it that's a bit odd as every week we dislike those same teams we are now routing for in Europe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's a strange one as I usually want British teams to do well in European competitions but if you think about it that's a bit odd as every week we dislike those same teams we are now routing for in Europe.

Yes I understand that i guess but I would always support English teams, I`m the same with National sides. Could never want Wales, Scotland or the republic of Ireland to win. Always support  whoever they are playing, like they do with us.

Argentina and France fall into the same category, always hope for a 0-0 draw if they play each other.

Could not understand the sycophantic rubbish when the cheating drug addict kicked it a few weeks ago. 

22 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Yes I understand that i guess but I would always support English teams, I`m the same with National sides. Could never want Wales, Scotland or the republic of Ireland to win. Always support  whoever they are playing, like they do with us.

Argentina and France fall into the same category, always hope for a 0-0 draw if they play each other.

Could not understand the sycophantic rubbish when the cheating drug addict kicked it a few weeks ago. 

Think this is just a personal and subjective thing. Whilst I'm English and always want England to win, due to having Italian family through marriage I always like to see Italy do well also. My adopted Italian side is Roma and in Europe I'd always like to see them beat Spurs or Manchester United etc. Sometimes there's no good explanation. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-5204778

The Leicester City boss sits down with the media to preview this Sunday afternoon's FA Cup quarter-final clash against Manchester United at the King Power Stadium

ByJordan Blackwell
UPDATED13:55, 19 MAR 2021

Not only have Leicester City never won the FA Cup, they have not even made it to the semi-finals since 1982.

Quarter-final defeats to Wycombe, Blackburn, and three times to Chelsea has meant that the famous trophy has never even been within reach in the past 40 years.

City will aim to correct that when they host Manchester United on Sunday afternoon, and ahead of the game, Brendan Rodgers will be giving his thoughts.

One of the hot topics will be injuries, and who might be fit to play, as well as the club accounts that were published on Friday and show significant losses. Will that have any bearing on City's planned summer transfer activity?

You can follow all of the updates from the press conference below.

13:55JORDAN BLACKWELL
Top four or FA Cup?
“Both. Don’t ask me to separate. We’re hungry for both. We’ll fight for the top four. It’s possible for us, so let’s fight for it.”

13:54JORDAN BLACKWELL
Praet and Under?
“Dennis will be available for the weekend. Cengo will be after the international break.”

Iheanacho interview?
“I thought it was a fantastic interview. The humility he had to score a hat-trick and thank everyone else. It was authentic. He respects his life as a footballer. He appreciates the support he gets from everyone. He’s been very productive for us. As a person, he’s a great guy and plays with a smile on his face. He rarely misses a day of training. When he’s asked upon, he produces in the main. There have been some performances where he hasn’t been at his most confident.”

Vardy's preference?
“Jamie has played up there with a partner and he’s played with people from the side and in whichever system, he will be successful. He may not have scored, but what gets forgotten about is the quality of his assists. The passes he made were superb. That doesn’t get talked about so much. He will always be dangerous. It’s nice to see that combination with Kels."

Showing players presentation?
“It wasn’t a two year plan. I presented to the players the overall vision and where I saw us developing, and where we wanted to get to, and how we were going to get there. There were many factors within that. It was a case of bringing it back to the players because I imagine most will have forgotten. It was just to reinforce and getting the players to think, then mapping out what we want going forward.”

13:53JORDAN BLACKWELL
City's FA Cup history?
“You guys have made it pretty clear so I’ve been educated on it. We want to create our own history here. The club getting to four finals and not getting over the line, we would love to be the first. There’s a difficult step first. You have to have an eye on the history of a club and understand that. But this team wants to create their own history.”

United affected by Europa League tiredness?
“When you’re a club the size of Man United, you are used to playing lots of games and can cope with that. We’ve played midweek games and come back and played well, so you have to discount that side of it. They are a fabulous team and have players of quality. We’re coming off a good performance, defensively strong with great creativity. If you want to do well in this competition, you have to beat the best teams.”

Impact on transfers?
“There will be a level of spending. We’ve already been speaking about that over the past few months. It won’t be the same pre-Covid. But there will be investment. We have a developing group of players, and I suspect they will improve. But we want to strengthen the squad as well."

Backing from owners?
“The club have been magnificent in that way. It bodes well for the long-term stability of the club. There is a real vision here to improve. It’s something the club can cope with and deal with."

Losses in accounts?
“Like most clubs there is a huge impact with Covid. That will hit every club. It’s also shown the confidence in managing the figures that they continue to invest. The investment is still ongoing as shown by the training ground. That should be a reassurance to people. Hopefully we’ll get fans back in and that will go the other way.”

13:52JORDAN BLACKWELL
Maddison?
“He was out on the field today and looked very good, and we’re hopeful that if he has a good couple of weeks during the international break, he should then be back. He looked really good. That will be great news."

Barnes?
“It’s a couple of weeks since the operation and he’s doing well, working well in the pool. He’s coming along. We’ll see how he goes over the coming weeks. We were looking at six weeks to get him back into training.”

Ricardo?
“He won’t be available for the weekend but we’re confident after the international break he will be okay. It’s just a slight strain.”

13:29JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers has arrived
Updates will follow shortly.

13:25JORDAN BLACKWELL
Good afternoon!
Thanks for joining us here.

Brendan Rodgers is due to sit down at 1.30pm, with quotes to follow around 20 minutes after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think this is just a personal and subjective thing. Whilst I'm English and always want England to win, due to having Italian family through marriage I always like to see Italy do well also. My adopted Italian side is Roma and in Europe I'd always like to see them beat Spurs or Manchester United etc. Sometimes there's no good explanation. 

Yes it`s just a sporting thing mostly, in the 70`s & 80`s I used to go to Wembley with a load of jocks and the occasional Taf to watch the respective teams play.Great days they were too, even on the rare occasion England lost. But....we all knew that wishing the others team to lose was real and genuine and still is, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Don`t mean I wouldn`t want them next to me in a trench though!!   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yes said:

Who comes in Thomas or Albrighton? 

It's Albrighton for me 

I also think it's a good idea not to risk Ricardo in any case. The international break gives him the opportunity to try and get ptoperly fit. Same with Maddison really. It's a quite timely break for us before the run in after having so many injuries. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 3

Schmeichel 

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Tavares, Leshabala 

I’d go with Castagne on the right as I feel utds left side is stronger than their right 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maddisonenthusiast said:

I hope our players are refreshed and ready to go. United's players have had to travel to italy in midweek, so may be feeling tedious! They don't often make mistakes at the back, hopefully Vardy's pace will hurt them.

Tedious? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, turlo said:

Man Utd injury updates from OGS's press conf earlier:

Rashford unlikely
Cavani and Martial still doubts
Pogba not fit enough to play a full 90 but will play some part and could start

Who would play upfront then?

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Schmeichel 

Fofana

Evans

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Tavares, Leshabala 

I’d go with Castagne on the right as I feel utds left side is stronger than their right 

I’m pretty sure we won’t play Marc on the left as a wing back .....