Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

I confess that at this stage, I would really rather the three points against these fvchers in our league fixture than progress here.

That said, who says we have to choose? Let's smash 'em and win the cup. We've gone from mad fixture congestion to the luxury of a game a week overnight, and if yesterday is anything to go by the players will be that bit more raring to go for each game we do play.

Sick of Man Utd. getting their way every time they kick a ball against us. Let's start their much-deserved decline.

3-1, Vardy, Iheanacho, Tavares. Obligatory ratface penalty for them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I confess that at this stage, I would really rather the three points against these fvchers in our league fixture than progress here.

That said, who says we have to choose? Let's smash 'em and win the cup. We've gone from mad fixture congestion to the luxury of a game a week overnight, and if yesterday is anything to go by the players will be that bit more raring to go for each game we do play.

Sick of Man Utd. getting their way every time they kick a ball against us. Let's start their much-deserved decline.

3-1, Vardy, Iheanacho, Tavares. Obligatory ratface penalty for them.

I would usually agree but the chance to beat these bar stewards and get to the Semi final of the cup in nearly 40 years would be fantastic. 

I'd still absolutely love us to win the cup even more than a top 4 personally as it's a trophy we've been so close to in over 70 years although I appreciate this won't be everyones view. 

Extra Time win for them on Thursday night, at least a couple of injuries would be ideal. 

Up for this one already - COYB 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, murphy said:

I read this, or similar, a lot here,as if getting to the FA Cup final and having to watch it on tv is somehow worse than not getting to the final at all.  Strange.

I'm not sure why you think this is strange? For someone who is used to going to the stadium and enjoying what that brings and the first time in recent history we get to the FA cup final and we cannot go to Wembley and see our team from the stands? I guess if you are used to watching us on TV pre lockdown then you wouldn't notice anything different. But if you're used to going to the games then you'll get it. 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure why you think this is strange? For someone who is used to going to the stadium and enjoying what that brings and the first time in recent history we get to the FA cup final and we cannot go to Wembley and see our team from the stands? I guess if you are used to watching us on TV pre lockdown then you wouldn't notice anything different. But if you're used to going to the games then you'll get it. 

Getting to the final with fans in attendance is obviously the preferred option but I'd rather win it, fans or not than not win it. A massive disappointment not to be able not attend though, the experience would be immense but it would still be winning the FA Cup. 

Isn't the FA Cup one of the test events for a number of fans to be attending? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I agree with Murphy here. Obviously I’d much rather be at the stadium,but surely it’s better to see your team in an FA cup final for the first time in over 50 years and have to watch it on tv than not get there at all. 
If we get knocked out but finish top 4, would you only want us to get to the final of that if you were guaranteed a ticket?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think they will exploit us, sadly. It will be a very tough game, but we can win. Rodgers needs to focus on McTominay. If we can nullify his attacking threat, and deal with the rest of their forwards, we should be solid defensively. 

Ndidi is due a monster performance 

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I'm pretty apathetic towards the FA Cup without fans. The thought of getting to a semi-final or final behind closed doors or with limited fans doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll get more excited if we make it that far.

Top 4 should be the priority, not only from a financial and reputation perspective but also because we have a greater chance of enjoying those matches next season in the stadium. I know the two aren't mutually exclusive, but if we do get to the final that is two extra matches and also two league matches that need to be shifted to a mid week. We then go from playing 9 matches in 8 weeks to playing 11 matches in 8 weeks. With the injuries we have/had, that might prove to be an important factor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'll be honest, I'm pretty apathetic towards the FA Cup without fans. The thought of getting to a semi-final or final behind closed doors or with limited fans doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'll get more excited if we make it that far.

Top 4 should be the priority, not only from a financial and reputation perspective but also because we have a greater chance of enjoying those matches next season in the stadium. I know the two aren't mutually exclusive, but if we do get to the final that is two extra matches and also two league matches that need to be shifted to a mid week. We then go from playing 9 matches in 8 weeks to playing 11 matches in 8 weeks. With the injuries we have/had, that might prove to be an important factor.

I think we have weathered the storm. The only thing that puts me off slightly is the distraction of the semi finals and final as we approach the final few very tough league games. However, I still want us to beat them on Sunday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we have weathered the storm. The only thing that puts me off slightly is the distraction of the semi finals and final as we approach the final few very tough league games. However, I still want us to beat them on Sunday.

Momentum is huge in football.

Progress in the cup will increase confidence in the dressing room and everyone will want a place in the team come semi/final day 

• Like 3

Manure have a Tough trip to AC Milan on Thursday could go to Extra time ( Hopefully!!) we’ve got a nice week of rest recharging the batteries  & a bit of training, Utd then have only 2 days to get over the Milan trip so hoping Utd have a few heavy legs a few injury problems the hobbit OGS will probably complain & whinge about the timing of the fixture following a tough European trip ??😂

Then hoping for a great win for the Foxes Sunday great performances all round by the lads !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Manure have a Tough trip to AC Milan on Thursday could go to Extra time ( Hopefully!!) we’ve got a nice week of rest recharging the batteries  & a bit of training, Utd then have only 2 days to get over the Milan trip so hoping Utd have a few heavy legs a few injury problems the hobbit OGS will probably complain & whinge about the timing of the fixture following a tough European trip ??😂

Then hoping for a great win for the Foxes Sunday great performances all round by the lads !!

Happy about them having let in an away goal. Will have to work harder now, hopefully Milan can either tire them out or even dishearten them by nicking it.

13 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Happy about them having let in an away goal. Will have to work harder now, hopefully Milan can either tire them out or even dishearten them by nicking it.

Milan were the superior team in the first leg so I think it'd be anything but "nicking" it if they win.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Milan were the superior team in the first leg so I think it'd be anything but "nicking" it if they win.

Didn't watch it. Brilliant in that case, hopefully they batter them and injure little Bruno then 🤞🤣

14 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Didn't watch it. Brilliant in that case, hopefully they batter them and injure little Bruno then 🤞🤣

Milan win after extra time and Fernandes out for the rest of the season, that's the dream! haha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I want to beat United so ****ing much, lads.

We’ve had a decent enough record against all of the big 6 bar those c unt logs. About time we did them.

I feel that we should, should, be able to take the momentum into this game. Keep it the same in terms of formation and tactics (maybe rest Ricardo for Marc). 

it was so encouraging to see our front three click against Sheff Utd, albeit only Sheffield United. C’mon you 🦊 

Blue Armeh!!!

Let's not repeat the mistake of Europa League and go with the strongest team available. Would have had a whole week off whereas United play again midweek.

Personally, I wouldn't change anything from the team that started at the weekend

Tavares and Praet if fit can be options from the bench

Edited by TK95