Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

19 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Makes sense thanks, thought it seemed a bit premature given how long he’d been out. 

Good news. Would be good if Praet could make the bench for the MU game, and then both him and Madders fit for the run in after the international break. 

Think the 3 atb could be here to stay whilst Barnes is out, and is probably the way to go against Man City as well after the Man Utd game. Gives a bit more defensive solidarity and means we can go more direct when we have no real wide options.

I think 3 at the back is here for a while but i'm not so sure it gives us any more defensive solidarity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We absolutely need to keep the formation and same team as Sheffield United except maybe Ricardo if he's not fit. Vardy and Iheanacho have to start together whilst they are in the form they are and if it continues, Barnes won't be straight back in the team when he is fit. I think we could potentially still keep the formation when everyone is fit as Madders and Perez can fight it out for the 10 position and Barnes could fight with Iheanacho and Vardy to play up front. 

However, it was only Sheffield United and it will be interesting to see if the formation would work against better teams. 

The formation changed at half time. Looked more like a back 4 to me with Fofana playing at right back and Albrighton further forward

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Yeah, but what about solidity? :ph34r:

Quite right apologies. 

13 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think 3 at the back is here for a while but i'm not so sure it gives us any more defensive solidarity.

I think against the likes of Man Utd or Man City it’s provides more protection as it tends to become more of a back 5 with Youri and Wilf in front. Although I tend to agree against weaker opposition it leads to our WB’s pushed further up and has left gaping holes behind our WB’s and between the CB’s when they also push on so we become vulnerable to the counter attack. However that seems to be less likely against the likes of Man City and to a lesser extent Man Utd who although more dangerous on the counter attack will still seek to dominate possession which was more my point in our next 2 fixtures against the Manchester clubs and potentially in our last 3 games as well it gives us the best chance of getting a positive result - such as the previous Man City game.

I feel that a decent tactical coach will find ways through our back 3

Against good sides, they will keep the central attacking area pretty empty which means our CB’s will have to go looking for players to pick up and leave space for midfield runners.  If they remain disciplined and hold their positions then there will obviously be other areas where we will be outnumbered .....

there are no easy answers ....

• Like 1

Talk to any ManU fan and they'll tell you the FA cup is the least of their priorities,  behind top 4 and Europa League.

Some of my mates who are ManU fans all expect them to play their second team on Sunday. Patronising I know..but it's ours for the taking. 

Edited by ultrafox

1 hour ago, ultrafox said:

Talk to any ManU fan and they'll tell you the FA cup is the least of their priorities,  behind top 4 and Europa League.

Some of my mates who are ManU fans all expect them to play their second team on Sunday. Patronising I know..but it's ours for the taking. 

Why would they play a weakened side when they have no games for two weeks to follow ?  They may well be tired but there is no need for them to rest players for the international break .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ultrafox said:

Can't see that being true. Ole needs to win something and he rarely rotates and rests players anyway. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ultrafox said:

What fans think and what the club/manager thinks are generally different. No way would Ole or the club take any foot off the gas at an FA Cup QF stage!

Fans may be OK with missing out but who doesn't want to progress in every competition.

For Man U, they will finish Top 4 and Man City have won the league. So the league is settled for them. We don't want them to get knocked out tonight because no way will Man U get knocked out of all cup competitions in the matter of days.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I feel that a decent tactical coach will find ways through our back 3

Against good sides, they will keep the central attacking area pretty empty which means our CB’s will have to go looking for players to pick up and leave space for midfield runners.  If they remain disciplined and hold their positions then there will obviously be other areas where we will be outnumbered .....

there are no easy answers ....

Well when defending if our 3 centre halves did stay deep we’ll still have 3 bodies in that central midfield area. 

Theres pros and cons to the formation. 

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

What fans think and what the club/manager thinks are generally different. No way would Ole or the club take any foot off the gas at an FA Cup QF stage!

Fans may be OK with missing out but who doesn't want to progress in every competition.

For Man U, they will finish Top 4 and Man City have won the league. So the league is settled for them. We don't want them to get knocked out tonight because no way will Man U get knocked out of all cup competitions in the matter of days.

It is interesting that the vast majority of us (and, for clarity, I'm not trying to exclude myself here) think that Man U are rodded on for top 4, having amassed a whole point more than us from the same nuimber of games, yet there is plenty of concern that we won't make it. I can only assume that is due to their squad size/quality and the perception that they'll get enough decisions in their favour.

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

play last week's team.

Most probably will with the only potential change being Albrighton for Ricky either for tactical reasons or the latter still having an issue with the tightness he felt. 

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Blades?  Yeah   bring 'em on.

I think apart from giving us a huge morale boost we shouldn’t read anything into that game ..  they were by far the crappest team we’ve played all season and if you want to be picky we should have put a lot more than 5 past them ..  :)

6 hours ago, ultrafox said:

Certainly wouldn't talk to any Man U fans, more so if they are from Leicester. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is interesting that the vast majority of us (and, for clarity, I'm not trying to exclude myself here) think that Man U are rodded on for top 4, having amassed a whole point more than us from the same nuimber of games, yet there is plenty of concern that we won't make it. I can only assume that is due to their squad size/quality and the perception that they'll get enough decisions in their favour.

The fact that this season we can see so many games and assess all our competitors has probably helped that perception.  For me Citeh are the current best team in the prem followed not a million miles behind by their red neighbours ..  and I think that form and trajectory is unlikely to change too much before the end of the season. Chelsea are on a similar upward trajectory now with their new manager highlighting Lampards deficiencies.  That’s leaves one place up for grabs with the pack breathing down our neck. So yes, there is concern ..  and quite rightly so.  Personally I see 5th as a big achievement.