Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

After watching Sheff United on the weekend, I really can’t see them putting up any sort of fight against Chelsea.

Man City Everton will depend on which XI both teams put out, but can’t see Everton upsetting Man City without all of their best players.

We win this and get a lucky draw against Southampton or Bournemouth and play Chelsea in the final! 
It’s out year!

I have a problem with 'lucky draws' - they don't always pan out the way you'd want them to. For example, drawing Villa in the League Cup semis last year instead of one of the Manchester clubs. I'm not invested on 'who we get next', I just want us, for a massive change, to beat Man U in a game that matters.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite common to get hamstring issues after having an ACL operation. Isn't it because they use some of the hamstring to repair the knee ligament? 

Ah yes, that rings a bell. I think is was discussed in a thread here.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I have a problem with 'lucky draws' - they don't always pan out the way you'd want them to. For example, drawing Villa in the League Cup semis last year instead of one of the Manchester clubs. I'm not invested on 'who we get next', I just want us, for a massive change, to beat Man U in a game that matters.

Remember Wycombe :ph34r:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ricky doesn’t look quite the same since he came back from his ACL injury. Might be his hamstring issue, or might be a bit of a mental/confidence issue - hardly surprising with such a horrible injury. If there’s any doubt on fitness, better to leave him to recovery fully, otherwise give him at least some playing time (as we are have been doing).

Or it could be playing out of position almost every match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

I am inclined to agree, but he will not be afforded the luxury of that time and space to operate against any other team in the Premier League or any of our remaining fixtures.

You can't do anything but play what's in front of you so to speak, it was a great starting point and as he hasn't exactly been given the opportunity to play in his preferred position  too often, he took up the challenge and performed very well. He has a decent amount of creative ability, and like many other fringe players, I would suggest, needs a run of games to build his confidence, hopefully he will get more opportunities during Madders absence.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just when you are convinced 3 at the back will never work because of how vulnerable and pedestrian we can look, the 3 up top play like that and it's about how we get the best combination in the attacking areas.

We can't really get those 3 playing in their favoured positions without going 3-4-1-2. We could play the diamond but we've looked whiffy in that system as well at times.

I'd stick with the same team but probably Albrighton for Ricardo, or put Thomas in and Castagne on the right. 

We have all slated Perez in the past but whenever he plays as a 10 in behind he looks infinitely better and scores and assists way more often. 

We have every chance of getting to the semi finals here, let's go and lay down a marker on them and tell them we're taking 2nd spot off them too the moaning, orrible bastards.

Not sure about 3 at the back for this match. Depending on who they put out they have a lot of pace from the wide areas. If our back 3 are narrow there will be a lot of space for them to attack out wide.

Going to be a tough call for Brendan to make but they struggle most against sides that force them to come out at them which is why Man City in a way were their perfect opponents.

31 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not sure about 3 at the back for this match. Depending on who they put out they have a lot of pace from the wide areas. If our back 3 are narrow there will be a lot of space for them to attack out wide.

Going to be a tough call for Brendan to make but they struggle most against sides that force them to come out at them which is why Man City in a way were their perfect opponents.

Yeah it's a tough one, a back 4 might be preferable but then we're in thr territory of a midfield diamond which can lead to all sorts of space to overload us on. We are definitely most dangerous ourselves with Iheanacho and Vardy together so it's tricky. Suppose we could go a sort of traditional 4-4-2 with Perez wide right but drifting in and Albrighton tucking in on the left too.

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ricky doesn’t look quite the same since he came back from his ACL injury. Might be his hamstring issue, or might be a bit of a mental/confidence issue - hardly surprising with such a horrible injury. If there’s any doubt on fitness, better to leave him to recovery fully, otherwise give him at least some playing time (as we are have been doing).

He's barely played in his position. Probably our one world class player (although Youri can't be far off) and we're playing him everywhere apart from the position he's world class in :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking outside the box here...could we play Vardy and Albrighton either side of Iheanacho with Perez in behind. Vardy's best work came in that left hand corridor

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans/Soy

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Thinking outside the box here...could we play Vardy and Albrighton either side of Iheanacho with Perez in behind. Vardy's best work came in that left hand corridor

Well that's a thought, but you can be the one that tells him  :D

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

You can't do anything but play what's in front of you so to speak, it was a great starting point and as he hasn't exactly been given the opportunity to play in his preferred position  too often, he took up the challenge and performed very well. He has a decent amount of creative ability, and like many other fringe players, I would suggest, needs a run of games to build his confidence, hopefully he will get more opportunities during Madders absence.

Absolutely - I agree with all that you are saying and it was also helped by the fact that as we know, this is his most comfortable position. But the fact that there wasn't a great deal "in front" of the three up top is nonetheless pretty significant. He's unlikely to encounter such time and space not only in terms of our remaining fixtures, but for the rest of his premier league career. 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans/Soy

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

Iheanacho

I remember you saying we tended to disagree on most things on here... I’m feeling extremely glad about that after reading this lol

Hell no

• Haha 1

Arsenal won the FA Cup last year after beating Man City in the semi and Chelsea in the final(as if you didn't know that 😄

We have proved, we can beat anyone, so why all this worry about who we might get in the semis/final and our dreaded last 3 games is ridiculous. 

Get a grip people, we're #FEARLESS 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Arsenal won the FA Cup last year after beating Man City in the semi and Chelsea in the final(as if you didn't know that 😄

We have proved, we can beat anyone, so why all this worry about who we might get in the semis/final and our dreaded last 3 games is ridiculous. 

Get a grip people, we're #FEARLESS 

I've got a grip so firm that, like David Mitchell, I've concluded they I have tremendously, frighteningly strong hands...

• Haha 2

Just checked our record v Man U on the 11v11 website and, blimey, it's seriously, seriously bad. In our last 25 games against them  we've won 1, drawn 5 and lost 19.:schlupp:

And we have not kept a single clean sheet in those 25 games.

Surely we are due a result against them??

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Just checked our record v Man U on the 11v11 website and, blimey, it's seriously, seriously bad. In our last 24 games against them  we've won 1, drawn 5 and lost 19.:schlupp:

And we have not kept a single clean sheet in those 25 games.

Surely we are due a result against them??

Past performance is no indicator of future trends....

• Like 1

United are not all that, and we should be fresher than them.

Mental attitude will be everything; we need to believe in ourselves and show them no respect, and we can win this.

• Like 1

What I worry the most about this is that ManU aren't exactly a team of different creative tactics. I think it was their game against Leeds that had me thinking what the hell was Bielsa (the tactical genius) doing. They want to defend, draw you onto them and then break. They're a very expensive Dyche team. That's basically it. They're not very good at much else imo and rely exclusively on a piece of brilliance out of nowhere to dig them out (or getting a pen' lol). It's why so many of their games are so dull. How we control this game will be crucial. Not getting too comfortable passing it around probing their defense. Giving them more time on the ball might be no bad thing and we can break on them. I just don't want to see us follow Bielsa in playing into their hands. If OGS sprang some strategy masterpiece and we fall for it fine, but falling for it when that's clearly their only strategy just makes us look like mugs. 

• Like 1

I have a real dilema with this one. On one hand I'm not bothered about the FA cup this year and if we were to get to the final and we not able to go would be a real gut plus I'd rather we not add to the schedule and concentrate on top 4. On the other hand my sheer hatred for the scum that is the king of all scum, its fans, its players, its whole club, the elitism, arrogance all of that makes me want to annihilate them with a passion! I'd love another 5 nil!