Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Leicester City v Manchester United - FA Cup 6th Round Pre-Match

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Rashford is out. Picked up a injury

Presumably the same ankle injury he picked up at Man City 

I guess they thought it worth the risk to bring him back for West Ham and again yesterday (with strapping and injections) , given that they have the two week break for him to recover .....

Ole is running his players to the ground. Rashford was on his last legs against West Ham holding his ankle. Ole also played a full strength side in a dead rubber against Real Sociedad. Bruno Fernandes is playing every game. But they have Pogba back at least.

We are fresher and hopefully Praet is back. I'd be really disappointed if we didn't win this.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ole is running his players to the ground. Rashford was on his last legs against West Ham holding his ankle. Ole also played a full strength side in a dead rubber against Real Sociedad. Bruno Fernandes is playing every game. But they have Pogba back at least.

We are fresher and hopefully Praet is back. I'd be really disappointed if we didn't win this.

Man U didn't look tired yesterday and they have key players that can make the difference (Pogba and Fernandes) even if they are tired. If Man U turn up and show quality, we will stand no chance. However, if we play top of our game and put pressure on them from the start, I think we can get at them. The longer it stays 0-0 the more chance Man U have of nicking a goal and closing us out. It's important we take the lead because Man U have been very strong defensively recently.

Only time will tell, we are in with a chance and a good one at that. Would be nice if this starts off an unbeaten home run because we have very important games coming up at home and our form this season has been woeful in that department.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We have beaten all of the other 'Big Six' this season, so why should we worry about this game?

Time to complete the set.

Question for you, would you rather complete the set against them in the FA Cup or in the league when we play them at the end of the season?

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Question for you, would you rather complete the set against them in the FA Cup or in the league when we play them at the end of the season?

Given that the circumstances of the league game - positions in the table etc - are as yet unknown, I’d have to say this one.

But if it was a straight choice between beating them in the league to secure Champions League football (as it was last season) and beating them in the FA Cup to get a place in the semi-final, then I’d prefer a win in the league.

• Like 1

If we had a fully fit squad with Maddison and Barnes available then I’d be more optimistic. Our formation will be a conservative 5 at the back out of necessity, which means we’ll probably concede possession and hope to do them on the turnover.

The space and time that Sheffield United gave us has probably over inflated our sense of optimism for this one. They have enough quality and depth to make this a hard game and we’ll have to do a lot right to win it, but we do have a real punchers chance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

We have beaten all of the other 'Big Six' this season, so why should we worry about this game?

Time to complete the set.

Not defeated them in 13 games though, worst record than against any other team.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The correct answer is...the league.

Take a draw in the cup and beat them in ET or on pens!

Everyone's a winner! Bar Man U obviously...

• Like 1

Personally I’m bored with the League or Cup question now. We have a maximum of 12 games left this season and 10 if Man Utd beat us on Sunday. It’s a cliche, but let’s just take each game as it comes.

After the international break, we will have a fairly congested run of fixtures, with or without the one or two extra games. My perfect scenario would be to beat Man United in the cup and for the league game against them to be irrelevant because we’ve done our job against other opposition. We won’t get any more points for beating Man U. 

I find these questions hard to answer anyway as it’s all hypothetical and a loss in one doesn’t guarantee a win in the other. Would I have taken a win in our final game last season over an FA Cup quarter final win against the same opposition? Yes, almost certainly. If it was that or a win in the final itself I’d have taken the FA Cup. It’s easy in retrospect:  

• Like 1

Just now, les-tah said:

Predicted line up 3-5-2

Kasper 

Fofana   Evans   Cags 
Albrighton                                  Castagne 

Ndidi          Youri

Perez

Nacho  Vardy

This. With their eyes on Europe we could get this done. 

• Like 1