Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

4 minutes ago, Yes said:

Actually feel sorry for proper fans of those clubs, vast majority of them will be dead against this.

Then they need to react with the passion and fury I’m feeling right now. This isn’t fan led, it’s led by greed, pure and simple. The fans of everyone of these Judas clubs need to revolt as one and strangle the life out of this abomination. 

oh and when these big sux teams come whimpering back they should ALL be made to start again in the lowest league and fight their way back to the top. 

I tell you, I’m fuching raging. 

• Thanks 2

This has got to be it.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  

They should be kicked out of the Premier/Football League tonight.  All of their Premier League titles should be wiped.  We should be gifted the 2020 title.  No more of this absolute shit.  Let them **** off and never bother us again.

Would also love the Government to get rid of their license to actually conduct business within this countries borders.  Turn their stadiums in to Sunday League pitches.

Personally if they aren't at least kicked out of our pyramid then that's probably me done with football. 

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I bet the authorities do nothing but bend over in the end 

Both sides will compromise. I stand by what I said earlier, they won't actually follow through with this it's a threat. 

It happened in rugby a few years ago, the French and English teams wanted to change the power balance in the Heineken Cup and do a deal with BT Sports for more money, so they essentially ditched it and threatened to make their own competition. 

We had two years of rangling and arguing and pulling back and forth before all parties agreed on a new format, payment structure, qualification rules etc and what we've ended up with is fundamentally the same tournament we had before. 

I doubt we'll see wholesale change. I assume that the plans that this group had for the new format champions league have stalled and so they're throwing their toys out the pram with this in a big power move to get their own way. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

I know, they are posting as if they've appointed a new CEO or something.

"We are joining a new League" and that is it. Incredible.

Yeah?  Well **** off out of ours now then you dribbling excuses for humanity. See how it goes ya bunch of know nothing heroes.