Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcpod1

Iain Hume

Iain Hume joined the Champlain Football Podcast this week to talk about his career in football. He spoke extremely fondly about his time at Leicester City. You can hear Iain talk about his time with the foxes from 18:30 to 26:00.

You can download the episode here: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1325863/8245223 or you can download from the usual directories (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Deezer, Stitcher, Pocket Casts and many more). 

• Like 4

For a guy who was 5'7 he won an incredible amount of headers against big 6ft+ defenders. He tried hard and gave his all. Partly feel sorry for him because if he was in League One with us he would have ripped it up like Fryatt didvand with and then had a good Championship season after that. His career might have been a bit better if he hadn't gone to Barnsley. But it's all hindsight.

• Like 2

Also whilst trying to find out if that's true, just look at this team I stumbled across from that era. Absolutely gross, its almost unbelievable to think of how far we've come!

LEICESTER CITY: Henderson 7 - Stearman 6, Gerrbrand 6, Kisnorbo 6, Johansson 5 - Maybury 6, Hughes 7 (A Welsh, 71mins), Williams 7, *GUDJONSSON 8 - Hume 7, Fryatt 7 (Brevett 88mins).

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Scored some excellent goals

That game against Southampton where he turned and bent in a 25-yard left footer into the top corner then followed it up with a 20-yard dipping volley.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

That game against Southampton where he turned and bent in a 25-yard left footer into the top corner then followed it up with a 20-yard dipping volley.

Yes! That's the game I was thinking about. His goal away at Derby saw wild celebrations (Ryan Smith came on and was unreal) only for Derby to equalise in injury time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manders86 said:

Also whilst trying to find out if that's true, just look at this team I stumbled across from that era. Absolutely gross, its almost unbelievable to think of how far we've come!

LEICESTER CITY: Henderson 7 - Stearman 6, Gerrbrand 6, Kisnorbo 6, Johansson 5 - Maybury 6, Hughes 7 (A Welsh, 71mins), Williams 7, *GUDJONSSON 8 - Hume 7, Fryatt 7 (Brevett 88mins).

gerrbrand is a wind-up; never remember heard of him 

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Dark days.

Did seem like the only guy who gave a shit though.

Fond memories of him when we were bloody horrific.

Saying that, if some players today had the heart and desire of Hume, we might be even better.

In those days we were not blessed with players who were highly skilful and as technically gifted as we are now. All we therefore asked and wanted to see was effort and commitment. Hume did give us that.

30 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Unbelievable we went through times where Barnsley nabbed one of our best players.

And Bristol city fans thought we would be merely a sideways step when we were linked to Maynard lol they were probably the darkest days in our history, what a turn around 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

He is very good on the ‘under the cosh’ pod cast. Talks about how did didn’t want to leave us and wanted to be part on Nigel’s promotion push back to the champo. 

Basically he explains how he signed his contract extension, then months later was asked to sign another copy, as one was missing a signature. Then when relegated he found the copy of his contract the club had included a 50% relegation salary reduction. The copy his agent and him had didn’t. 
mandaric wouldn’t back down and basically enforced the reduction. 
thats why he stayed until the June, because the new salary started in the July. He tried for months to work with the club to come to an agreement, as other squad members had their salary reductions waived to keep them at the club. 
manadric basically stitched him up and he couldn’t stay for what they were paying him. 
Sad really, because he seems to have really love the club and really wanted the right the wrongs of the previous year. 
It’s on YouTube, under the cosh podcast, worth a watch, talks very openly about it all. 

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

He is very good on the ‘under the cosh’ pod cast. Talks about how did didn’t want to leave us and wanted to be part on Nigel’s promotion push back to the champo. 

Basically he explains how he signed his contract extension, then months later was asked to sign another copy, as one was missing a signature. Then when relegated he found the copy of his contract the club had included a 50% relegation salary reduction. The copy his agent and him had didn’t. 
mandaric wouldn’t back down and basically enforced the reduction. 
thats why he stayed until the June, because the new salary started in the July. He tried for months to work with the club to come to an agreement, as other squad members had their salary reductions waived to keep them at the club. 
manadric basically stitched him up and he couldn’t stay for what they were paying him. 
Sad really, because he seems to have really love the club and really wanted the right the wrongs of the previous year. 
It’s on YouTube, under the cosh podcast, worth a watch, talks very openly about it all. 

He gave a full interview to The Fox some time back, pretty much saying the same ... how he wanted to stay, but was stitched up.

13 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

The season we went down was my first season properly interested in football. He was my favourite player at the time, did a PowerPoint on him for 'my hero' at school 🤣

Love it. I did one on Patrick Kisnorbo back in the day. My teacher seemed very confused lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes! That's the game I was thinking about. His goal away at Derby saw wild celebrations (Ryan Smith came on and was unreal) only for Derby to equalise in injury time.

My first away game, remember it well. Ryan Smith looked amazing for a few weeks for us, whatever happened to him.

Some of the names in that team. Gerrbrand, was well excited for him coming in as we'd actually spent some money on him. Skills-Eric Johannsson lol 

Edited by Libertine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Libertine said:

My first away game, remember it well. Ryan Smith looked amazing for a few weeks for us, whatever happened to him.

Some of the names in that team. Gerrbrand, was well excited for him coming in as we'd actually spent some money on him. Skills-Eric Johannsson lol 

Smith was staying up the Sketchley Grange when he signed on loan for us, after that Derby game and 14 pints I called up the hotel and asked to be patched through to his room which he wasn't in, so I asked to be put through to the bar and just shouted SMUDGER SMUDGER SMUDGER down the phone at him. 

• Haha 3