Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
slymunn

Kelechi Iheanacho signs new contract

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Anyone know if that particular clause had an expiry date on it? 

37 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think Rodgers said something like those clauses usually last the term of the first agreed contract. So I’d imagine with this new one it’s now no longer valid. Dunno for certain though. 

I believe the question has been answered above, but it's all moot now anyway.

Nice. Happy for him as its not been the smoothest of rides since he arrived. But he's stuck at it, been patient behind the best striker we've ever had, and now reaping the rewards for that wait. 

Here's hoping he can keep up the recent form! 

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

"I can't express how I'm feeling," said Nigeria international Iheanacho.

"I'm excited, I'm happy, I'm overwhelmed! It's a great moment and I'm happy that Leicester City gave me a new contract.

"It's been a great time here. It's not been easy, but there's a lot of people here that are good people, great people to work with. They are nice people and they make me feel comfortable and welcome since I came in.

"It's been really great being here. It's like a family. I'm happy being here and hopefully I can stay here many more years."

It's nice when players actually sound like they're happy to be at our club ... rather than see it as a 2 year stepping stone to somewhere else.

Absolutely. You have to admire his character go to from that Palace away performance in December to Premier League player of the month in March.

• Like 2

Great news all around. I love his awkwardness in interviews and over the last couple of months has entirely turned me around with his performances (yes I must admit I had my doubts). He's been exceptional and deserves every bit of praise he gets. Good job club, Rodgers but most of all Nacho!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Kel is a confidence player 

this contract didn’t suddenly spring up 

could we look at his uptick in form and correlate it with us offering him a new deal ???

That's actually a great shout...we won't have just offered him a contract off the back of the last month. 

So pleased for the adorable Seniorman. Loving his interviews these days too. Hope he has a storming game later and puts Man City to the sword 💪🏿

• Like 1

Happy for him, but hope he doesn’t fall back into his old form.

Bizarrely, Kel’s probably really benefited from the pandemic and the absence of fans. Doubt he’d have turned it around if large sections were giving him pelters for having the audacity to be brought on from the bench.

For such a confidence player, there’s always a concern that the purple patch finishes and he’s unable to rediscover it. Best of luck to him though, really want to see him do well.

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

"I can't express how I'm feeling," said Nigeria international Iheanacho.

"I'm excited, I'm happy, I'm overwhelmed! It's a great moment and I'm happy that Leicester City gave me a new contract.

"It's been a great time here. It's not been easy, but there's a lot of people here that are good people, great people to work with. They are nice people and they make me feel comfortable and welcome since I came in.

"It's been really great being here. It's like a family. I'm happy being here and hopefully I can stay here many more years."

It's nice when players actually sound like they're happy to be at our club ... rather than see it as a 2 year stepping stone to somewhere else.

This warms the cockles of my heart!

Rodgers and co have created a superb bond and culture at the club, we saw how all of the injured and unused players were celebrating Nacho's goals in the cup as an example. Happy Kelechi is the best Kelechi and I am excited to see what he can do, now he's starting to emerge from the shadows. He honestly feels like a new signing, and a very good one at that.

Well done to him, he totally deserves the new contract.

• Like 2

Really great news.

I was worried that Pep’s “ we’re too poor to buy a new striker...” line, the release clause and the Pep’s sinister after match shenanigans could come to haunt us.

But if Percy says the clause has expired, Kel’s singing the club’s praises and has signed a new contract with a massive smile on his face, I’m overjoyed.

I’d lost patience but I’m happy to proven wrong. He’s fast become a favourite player. He’s like a new singing. And a goal scorer too, just as Vardy is going through a rough patch at the business-end of the season.

Edited by Foxxed

Really pleased for him. There’s always been ability in there, it’s about him having the confidence in his abilities on the pitch, and that seems to have clicked into place recently. He’s had his critics, fairly and unfairly at times, but he has stepped up in recent weeks when we’ve needed him and deserves a new deal