Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Me either. For a start how on earth does it make the premier league stronger lol

Depends....if say their was a transfer embargo on these clubs i could see it would work and if players still want to play for their country(I bet Harry Kane is trying to get a deal with Barnet as we speak).Most players with any sence will want to stay within the league.

If these clubs did get kicked out of the premier league it would result in a great competition. Teams would become more attacking and actually go out to win games. Would make it much more competitive. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

He’s missed the point badly here imo, and cherry picked facts to support an argument.

No one paying £30 a month to watch a top of the table clash between Palace and Leicester - one yes they would, remember these teams have supporters too... 

Also well down for picking two unfashionable teams, one of which would be no where bread the top. Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Leeds in that argument- yes they are not as big as Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool but they are an equal of Spurs and were of Man City and Chelsea before the money came in. 
Change that argument to no one is paying £30 to watch a top of the table clash between Leeds United and Aston Villa and it looks foolish, both traditionally massive clubs.

Also the thought that a every player can be bought is wrong on so many levels - some playing for their country is bigger than money - especially if they’re already highly paid for what they do. 
12 clubs between them are not going to own the 500 best players in the world.

There argument is incredibly floored, patronising to players and clearly ill thought out. 

Also let's assume the b@stard teams are allowed to stay, how does Arsenal paying £600k a week and Leicester/Palace/Everton etc paying £100k a week strengthen the Premier League? absolutely laughable explanation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

mattkandela (@mattkandela) Tweeted: Unpopular opinion: From an Arsenal perspective, this super league offers us a chance of relevance when we were in danger of losing it. https://twitter.com/mattkandela/status/1383937121086361600?s=20

Well if relevant is finishing 9th out of 10 in your SL table and your season being over by Xmas, then yeah, they'll be relevant.

• Like 3

Dennis Bergkamp wouldn’t have been happy about this. Mass fear of flying! 

Jokes aside, I had a job once where I took 140+ flights in a year. It’s a right ballache. 

Will the additional game time and travelling bother them? 

Edited by Sly
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If these clubs did get kicked out of the premier league it would result in a great competition. Teams would become more attacking and actually go out to win games. Would make it much more competitive. 

100%.

The league would be a belter and the six would be quickly forgotten by most genuine fans.  

Let's be honest most football fans don't give a flying **** who they are playing, they just want to win.

In our League One days I barely looked at the PL results, doesn't matter if we play Manchester United or Margate FC, it's all about the mighty Foxes.

• Like 3

How much more money and power do these disgusting ***** need? They're all billionaires anyway. Now they're prepared to shit all over a game that is loved by millions and which has broadly kept the same format for over a century, all because a handful of soulless greedy ***** have decided that having more money than they'll ever know what to do with just isn't enough. 

It's just absolutely disgusting that they'd even suggest it.

This goes ahead and we become a minor league side, a feeder club for the likes of Arsenal and Spurs....it's just appalling. Appalling.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

I really don't buy most of these points. I feel as if it belittles the wants and needs of football fans and its players.

Here's a question he should answer - Who's going to want to sign for Arsenal and Tottenham knowing they're gonna get spanked every match they play?

Just now, Paddy. said:

How much more money and power do these disgusting ***** need? They're all billionaires anyway. Now they're prepared to shit all over a game that is loved by millions and which has broadly kept the same format for over a century, all because a handful of soulless greedy ***** have decided that having more money than they'll ever know what to do with just isn't enough. 

It's just absolutely disgusting that they'd even suggest it.

This goes ahead and we become a minor league side, a feeder club for the likes of Arsenal and Spurs....it's just appalling. Appalling.

It’s two things, it’s greed and the fact that their obscene wealth makes them think they know best.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If these clubs did get kicked out of the premier league it would result in a great competition. Teams would become more attacking and actually go out to win games. 

Sorry, that's naive...we'd be ruined.  Our entire business plan goes pop.

10m tv income a season instead of 80m.

Mass exodus of players to the newly rich arsenal and spurs

Our carefully plotted worldwide brand of disrupters, anti establishment in  tatters 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Our carefully plotted worldwide brand of disrupters, anti establishment in  tatters 

That wasn’t my point though. The teams in the league would make a great competition from a football perspective.

• Like 2

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Exactly. That's what I've said in my post above. We'll do great in the minor league but then our best players will be drafted to a ESL club at the end of every season. It'll be like the NFL/NBA - what are the leagues below called? Exactly- no ****er knows.

• Like 1

There has to be much more money behind this though, I mean who's gonna be the broadcaster? Surely that's already been agreed somewhere.

Amazon? Also whoever was behind the huge media sweep of Journo's in recent years to "The Athletic". This is coordinated and planned, as basic as it seems now and they're very confident.

Edited by Jaspa

Just now, Jaspa said:

There has to be much more money behind this though, I mean who's gonna be the broadcaster? Surely that's already been agreed somewhere.

Amazon? Also whoever was behind the huge media sweep of Journo's last year to "The Athletic". This is coordinated and planned, as basic as it seems now and they're very confident.

Is all of the above not about money though? Looks that way to me.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's already in tatters if this happens mate.  

We'll be a feeder club playing in a pointless development league for the SL six if they stay in.

People need to stop thinking about the money.  That train is minutes from leaving the station.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

If they stay, the question has to be, how do they make it fair.  If the 6 teams are getting income that the other 14 simply cannot have access to how can it be fair?  That's the biggest hurdle. 

To me it's they either give up on the super league, or they are booted out of the English football system.  There cannot be a situation where they can do both, it's simply not fair.  

It wont be fair, that's why they're doing it. 

• Like 1