Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

5 minutes ago, Shram said:

Could the government refuse to license policing the games for the big 6? They’d have no choice but to f**k off to the desert or Far East as they won’t be able to play here.

I heard earlier that yes that's an option but would they go ahead and play it behind closed doors and broadcast it worldwide as planned. They'd say it's the governments fault and not theirs!

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Didn't see what Parish said but the bottom line is that if the Big 6 are expelled from the EPL, the new TV rights deal will reduce massively compared to what it is now, leaving clubs like us and Palace in a huge mess financially. There are no easy answers here.

Basically they said are you going to push for punishment or extend the olive branch in the meeting tomorrow and he said extend the olive branch. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Didn't see what Parish said but the bottom line is that if the Big 6 are expelled from the EPL, the new TV rights deal will reduce massively compared to what it is now, leaving clubs like us and Palace in a huge mess financially. There are no easy answers here.

But it's all relative ain't it. If the big six are getting at least another £300m a season elsewhere then the bunce we get now just gets heavily watered down and there's no guarantee that the TV companies will pay so heftily for a league that's been cheapened by this power ploy by 6 of them and then it all starts to get a bit precarious for the other 14. The most honourable and hopefully ethical and sustainable thing would be to take a hard line against them and the rest of football to unite and that that stance creates competitive leagues that can be give the environment to prosper.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Can't believe I want PSG to win the Champions League now lol 

They might end up winning it by default as UEFA kicks out Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid according to the Guardian/Reuters:

Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea will likely be banned from this season’s Champions League semi-finals, UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller told broadcaster DR on Monday.

“The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season’s) Champions League tournament,” said Moller, who is the head of the Danish FA. “There is an extraordinary executive committee meeting on Friday.”

1 hour ago, Buce said:

They both have a huge worldwide fanbase, probably linked to the Irish/Scottish dispora.

In which countries is this huge worldwide fanbase? Genuine question - I may just be ignorant.

Clearly, I'm aware of the big Irish and Scottish diaspora in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. 

But my impression was that people in those countries mainly watched their own national sports - baseball, American football, ice hockey, rugby etc.?

My impression was that, apart from Europe, the big global markets for football that the money men want to tap into are in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America.

Obviously, I'd expect there to be some with Scots/Irish roots in those places, but I hadn't imagined there to be enough for TV companies to pay megabucks to show Celtic/Rangers games to a large potential audience there?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was thinking this. Imagine how Everton would feel after they'd built that stadium for half a billion lol.

11 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I heard earlier that yes that's an option but would they go ahead and play it behind closed doors and broadcast it worldwide as planned. They'd say it's the governments fault and not theirs!

Would remove the atmosphere (as we all know) and it even more unwatchable. Would be a good hand to play IMO.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I'd like to see a gesture from the players before kick off in all remaining games, something similar to taking the knee - any suggestions? 

16 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

taking the dollar

"Loadsamoney" impressions all round

loadsa.jpg.577d3a2c01f8d60493e3ca4a10b7bf91.jpg

33 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Lets face it, the fans view will mean fvck all, pundits speaking out is fvck all, managers speaking out will mean fvck all

the only way it stops is the players stopping it, no one else matters

Sadly true - and if Klopp's anything to go by, then the general consensus will be that they don't like the fact they're having to face up to it when it wasn't their decision, but they aren't going to turn their noses up at the money they'll be paid for it.

It's broken. I can tolerate not watching 'elite' football if the actual attending of games becomes better again. Better kick off times, better prices, no VAR, I think that's a trade off I'd take.

5 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I'd like to see a gesture from the players before kick off in all remaining games, something similar to taking the knee - any suggestions? 

It’s pretty obvious from the deafening silence that the players from the Selfish Six clubs have all been gagged - probably with the threat of legal repercussions if they speak out - but wouldn’t it be wonderful to see one of their number, a high profile player preferably, be brave enough to break ranks and openly state his opposition to this vile breakaway league?

It would make him arguably the most popular footballer in the country - and surely wouldn’t do his career any harm in the long run. It might also open the floodgates for others to add their voice to the chorus of disapproval.

• Like 1