Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

It’s pretty obvious from the deafening silence that the players from the Selfish Six clubs have all been gagged - probably with the threat of legal repercussions if they speak out - but wouldn’t it be wonderful to see one of their number, a high profile player preferably, be brave enough to break ranks and openly state his opposition to this vile breakaway league?

It would make him arguably the most popular footballer in the country - and surely wouldn’t do his career any harm in the long run. It might also open the floodgates for others to add their voice to the chorus of disapproval.

Apparently Bruno Fernandes has on social media by agreeing with a post a wolves player put up 

I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned as not seen everything but where do the players stand on this, they obviously wasn’t involved in the discussions and now face the possibility of being banned from playing for their country if they play in this new league 

they have a legal obligation to play for their club but face being banned for their country if they do  

Would people be interested in protesting outside the King Power on Thursday? I appreciate that we aren’t legally allowed to but this is bigger than COVID. If it was organised safely and with social distancing in mind would people be interested in attending? 

Edited by Jakemoore

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Sky Sports website is running a ‘Klopp opposes Super League’ narrative, but from his (characteristically) garbled interview, that stance was - at least to these ears (and those of my wife) - far from crystal clear. In fact, I’d say both he and the interviewer bottled it.

I thought Gary Neville was overcooking it when he suggested "Klopp just destroyed his owners".  

No he did not.

Klopp mildly criticised some of the process ideas whilst not outright criticising the ESL or his club's owners.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Would people be interested in protesting outside the King Power on Thursday? I appreciate that we aren’t legally allowed to but this is bigger than COVID. If it was organised safely and with social distancing in mind would people be interested in attending? 

Nothing do with us if you are going to protest you need to do it at one of the big 6 teams grounds what's the point the owners will not listen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I thought Gary Neville was overcooking it when he suggested "Klopp just destroyed his owners".  

No he did not.

Klopp mildly criticised some of the process ideas whilst not outright criticising the ESL or his club's owners.

I guess at least he didnt do the Tuchel of saying he trusted the clubs choices

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Nothing do with us if you are going to protest you need to do it at one of the big 6 teams grounds what's the point the owners will not listen

We’re live on BT Sport and we’re the only game of the day so my thinking is that it would get decent coverage..

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

No he did not.

Neville has been brilliant on this subject so far - a passionate, eloquent voice of reason - but that particular comment was way off the mark.

Your own interpretation of Klopp’s words is pretty much exactly how I read it too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We’re live on BT Sport and we’re the only game of the day so my thinking is that it would get decent coverage..

Just looks like self interest as we are one of the clubs with most to lose if this goes through ......

protest needs to be across clubs but I would suggest concentrating on when one of the arsehole clubs is playing us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Neville has been brilliant on this subject so far - a passionate, eloquent voice of reason - but that particular comment was way off the mark.

Your own interpretation of Klopp’s words is pretty much exactly how I read it too.

Klopp illustrated the issue that uefa and fifa are only bothered about THEIR income streams ad not the players welfare.  Parrish pointed out that this is more a spat between the big six and uefa re distribution of income ..... I doubt the other 14 are going to get heavy on this - I pointed out last night - turkeys don’t vote for Xmas .....

I don't think this ESL will go ahead, but I do believe the end result will be to the benefit of the club's involved. They'll get their bigger slice of the pie, and clubs like Leicester will get less pie (despite being better than most of the cheating 6). They'll also get the pass into the champions league that they all want, in case we finish above them again.

Clubs like Leicester are a pest to the super rich owners of the ESL, they don't care about the spirit of football, they don't even care about the club's they own. They just want to make the chances of clubs like ours negatively effecting their income as slim as possible, and they're doing this by trying to negatively effect ours. Dirty, cheating tactics if you ask me. 

It's selfish, and disrespectful to every other club in football, not just ours. It's an American concept that has been designed to make the owners rich and destroy a sport that was invented in England! The cheek of expecting to be allowed to continue to play domestic football is the most entitled thing about it, considering they'd be the ones that destroyed it.

The ESL isn't a competition, it's just a money printing machine for 12 multi-millionaire/billionaires (so far). No sum is ever enough with some people, and it's sickening to think that such a small group of elitist people would be willing to destroy the most loved sport on the planet to make a few extra million 🤮

• Like 3

In all seriousness, this has united all wings of the political establishment against it taking place on British soil.

How on earth do these owners propose getting over that hurdle?  The government has confirmed it will do WHATEVER it takes to stop it from happening.  Surely this now makes it a non-starter?

38 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Sky Sports website is running a ‘Klopp opposes Super League’ narrative, but from his (characteristically) garbled interview, that stance was - at least to these ears (and those of my wife) - far from crystal clear. In fact, I’d say both he and the interviewer bottled it.

Totally agree, he got more annoyed at the Leeds shirts than anything else. I appreciate he's in a lose/lose but I really think people who have faith in players/managers to do anything about this are kidding themselves a bit personally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

In all seriousness, this has united all wings of the political establishment against it taking place on British soil.

How on earth do these owners propose getting over that hurdle?  The government has confirmed it will do WHATEVER it takes to stop it from happening.  Surely this now makes it a non-starter?

Unfortunately politicians say they'll do a lot of things that eventually it becomes clear they either can't or won't do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sadly they have some valid points here on why this will be difficult to battle. 

None of those points made suggest it is "difficult" to battle at all.  It essentially acts as a mouthpiece for the dirty dozen to say "muh but but but you're nothing without us, you wouldn't dare play without us".  

Get to **** with that absolute bollocks.

What a select few people aren't grasping is that if those six English teams stay in the PL, the PL slowly dies anyway (the TV/sponsorship money along with it).  It will just become a reserve/feeder league for them.  With their extra billions per year they can scoop up the best talent and then just develop them in the PL until they are ready for the SL.  They couldn't care less where they finish in the table and us winning the PL in that scenario would be about as meaningful as us winning the EFL Trophy.  Meaningless.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sadly they have some valid points here on why this will be difficult to battle. 

He’s missed the point badly here imo, and cherry picked facts to support an argument.

No one paying £30 a month to watch a top of the table clash between Palace and Leicester - one yes they would, remember these teams have supporters too... 

Also well down for picking two unfashionable teams, one of which would be no where bread the top. Newcastle, Villa, Everton, Leeds in that argument- yes they are not as big as Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool but they are an equal of Spurs and were of Man City and Chelsea before the money came in. 
Change that argument to no one is paying £30 to watch a top of the table clash between Leeds United and Aston Villa and it looks foolish, both traditionally massive clubs.

Also the thought that a every player can be bought is wrong on so many levels - some playing for their country is bigger than money - especially if they’re already highly paid for what they do. 
12 clubs between them are not going to own the 500 best players in the world.

There argument is incredibly floored, patronising to players and clearly ill thought out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2