Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not sure what I hate more, these clubs or the ****ing plastics thinking it's a good idea. 

The only fans I have seen in favour of it are international fans who just don't get it and youngsters who just don't understand the implications of it all. 

Hypothetically speaking, if ever Rangers /  Celtic wanted out of the SPL, now would have been the time for them to do it. 

Either by joining the Unsuper League, or crow barring a way into a revamped Premier League. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Very likely are options they can look at to stifle the progress of it happening

Why though? If they want to go and join a private league then let them. It's pathetic to me if the league/government are begging them to stay.

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Hypothetically speaking, if ever Rangers /  Celtic wanted out of the SPL, now would have been the time for them to do it. 

Either by joining the Unsuper League, or crow barring a way into a revamped Premier League. 

I’m open to this.

Replace Arsenal and Spurs with the jocks. Man City are a nothing club and Liverpool and Man U are just plastic through and through anyway. 

speaking to my gooner mate, his view is that they have to be in this or they get left behind. he doesn't like the whole idea but that isn't the point to him as the game has moved on from competition to be just business now …… (which he doesn't like btw).

so whilst the fan's spokesmen for these clubs spout their condemnation, the reality is that they will go along with it as the alternative is too bad for them to consider  ….. 

Just now, whetstonefox said:

You can’t claim to be anti super league and then say you would invite Rangers and Celtic to the PL. 

It's not the same thing. The premier league will need to make themselves marketable for the good of the other 14 clubs and bringing in Celtic and Rangers would certainly do that. Maybe not straight into the premier league but maybe a league or two below. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It's not the same thing. The premier league will need to make themselves marketable for the good of the other 14 clubs and bringing in Celtic and Rangers would certainly do that. Maybe not straight into the premier league but maybe a league or two below. 

Exactly 

"The bourgeoisie cannot exist without constantly revolutionising the instruments of production, and thereby the relations of production, and with them the whole relations of society. Conservation of the old modes of production in unaltered form, was, on the contrary, the first condition of existence for all earlier industrial classes. Constant revolutionising of production, uninterrupted disturbance of all social conditions, everlasting uncertainty and agitation distinguish the bourgeois epoch from all earlier ones. All fixed, fast-frozen relations, with their train of ancient and venerable prejudices and opinions, are swept away, all new-formed ones become antiquated before they can ossify. All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind."

This bloke gets it :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

I’m open to this.

Replace Arsenal and Spurs with the jocks. Man City are a nothing club and Liverpool and Man U are just plastic through and through anyway. 

Let's not ruin the Scottish while these teams are trying to ruin this one. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

German fans definitely won't turn. They actually have integrity and passion for their own rights. 

Our lot will 100% roll over though. You'll get a few more United fans rock up to Salford and FCUM but there's still so many countless plastics supporting all the big six that they'll still fill their stadiums and we'll all just tolerate it. We're so apathetic in this country. 

Capitalism has become such an entrenched part of people's psyche I've seen plenty of comments on social media already, posted by ordinary joes who'll never see £1m in their lives, defending these billionaires saying its smart business and the clubs are their companies and so they can do what they want, etc. 

Genuinely sickening. 

thing is we do love the shirts, the signings and the success, we are just as bad as Leicester fans. For me when we were in the championship I had no interest in the PL, I want to see Leicester achieve all that's possible so I can see why some Arsenal and Spurs fans may turn, I just hope the other leagues can offer a competitive alternative if that's the way it goes. 

They need to get rid of the 6 ASAP. If they stay in, what is their motivation to play their first team if they have no jeopardy? It will hit all the clubs in the pyramid hard for the next few years but will benefit everyone long term. We could actually use this to set up the football pyramid in the right way, invite the Scottish leagues to join if they wanted to and build up a stronger league long term.