Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Ban from entering uefa competitions and domestic cups next season, relegate and deduct 40 points thereby ensuring that they cannot come straight back up. The top players will be off as soon as they can (hopefully running contracts down and then going on a free) and the money grabbing owners will soon want to sell up then. Punishes those actually responsible and the the real fans get to keep their clubs and the hope of once again competing for honours in the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-19/uefa-is-said-to-discuss-eu6b-financing-proposal-from-centricus

UEFA looking to head this off with an even bigger bribe than the franchise league? 

UEFA will still concede to these clubs with a promise of historical performance enabling season failures to get in like they're already proposing with their current attempt.

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think they can be kicked out, you'll need 15 votes.

I cannot see how they can play in the Champions League or any UEFA competition next season after all this even if this project collapses (which I think is looking more likely).

Refuse to play them.

Call their bluff. Get the backing of the FA and don't honour the fixtures. Or turn up, wait for kick-off and then walk off the pitch. The way it's going, it sounds like such a decision might be honoured by those in charge.

It's kind of a shame Leeds went ahead with theirs yesterday, but that was before the convergence of the 14. Joint action of some sort has to be taken - the t-shirts are a nice touch but they aren't going to change anything. You have to cut off the exposure to these leeches and it starts with preventing them from being able to kick a ball in front of the cameras.

Edited by OntarioFox

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hmm just had a thought. If ueafa do succeed with banning players from internationals what does that mean for loan players? Would lingard not be allowed to play as he’s contracted to scum united? 

Thought this also. Technically he wouldn't. 

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hmm I'm not convinced; the League structure was created by the poor rather than some then Captains of Industry, philanthropical ones in many cases but also did their best to ensure the footballers knew their place.

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jamfox said:

I think the thing most people are so angry about is not the idea of a Super League,   its the idea that this will be a closed elite group based on money not merit that they can never get relegated from. 

Absolutely. I understand that. 

My point was, I don't think UEFA would care about it if it financially benefited them. 

They are happy enough to give teams qualification based on past achievements, they clearly care more about money than sporting integrity. 

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

UEFA will still concede to these clubs with a promise of historical performance enabling season failures to get in like they're already proposing with their current attempt.

They’ve pretty well done this with yesterday’s change to the CL

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If they've signed a contract as suggested by Perez, surely that goes beyond intent? 

depends on the content of the contract ......

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My point was, I don't think UEFA would care about it if it financially benefited them. 

They are happy enough to give teams qualification based on past achievements, they clearly care more about money than sporting integrity. 

Aye they tried appeasement by conceding the principle of meritocracy for historic achievement but the 'enemy' still decided to go to war.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I echo this.

On the social side - I think the saddest thing of all is that we've had trips to Prague, Wembley, a great cup run and some memorable victories etc and none of us have got to experience it as a fanbase. I was always against the idea of having a campaign without fans because of that possibility. We have been robbed of this season and that is unforgivable in itself.

It's made this season one of the most depressing I think ever. This would've been second to only 2015/16. It's just absolutely sickening. I'd say along with probably Liverpool & Leeds we've been the most robbed fanbase.

• Like 1

To think that the "big 6" see us as such a threat to now want to force a cartel to see us and teams in a similar position to us become less competitive and less likely to break their hold on the game.

We're now a force to be reckoned with.  We're obviously seen as such a threat these owners are prepared to put everyone, bar themselves, under a bus to hold onto the power they think they deserve.

Truly incredible how far we have come as a club that we are perceived as such a threat.

It's a crap situation but part of me thinks we've forced their hand on this and without our resurgence this wouldn't have happened so quickly.

Now to smash Chelsea in the cup.  I'm loving this, smash 'em.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Well , its how far you go with that idea.  UEFA are being pressured by these same clubs to lean that way this is true for sure, and its also true UEFA are after they own interests and its reasonable to claim a degree of hypocrisy at them claiming to be all about the people.  BUT...    if its a toss up between them and Joel Glazer I know what camp I am in.   even if its self motivated to a large extent they have said the right things about sport , tradition and sporting values and are not proposing a "closed shop"  Better the devil you know ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

REBEL ALLIANCE lol

They genuinely think they’re with the Jedis don’t they? You’re the ****ing Sith mate. 

Super League: A New Hope

Super League Episode V: The Everton Strike Back

Super League Episode I: The Phantom Manchester

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's a bit like VAR, everybody wanted it, until they got it. None of us can know how this will work out in the end. My concern is for the team I support. I don't want lots of different clubs unable to pay the debts they've taken out on the basis of future earnings all of a sudden in the shit. I don't want to go back to the half empty decrepit stadiums that we had in the 80s.

Obviously there has to be some kind of guarantee that they can't resurrect this every other year. This has come to a head now it has to be settled 1 way or another. 

I know that it carries risk but so do all roads from here in my view. I’d rather we take a direction that upholds integrity, than be cautious and still watch it fall away.

These clubs are thieves, and that carries a hefty punishment in my book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

The power play now from Man City is to withdraw from it and then quickly vote with the other 14 clubs to kick the other five out.

WINNER.

As long as they were penalised 20 points that would do me.

Also, being cynical here, this does now explain why there are SIX and why Arsenal and Spurs have been shoe-horned in. They thought about this. They could not risk being 5 or less for this exact reason.

Be funny if that was true and the ESL just kicked Spurs and Arsenal out as soon as its established and already booted from the PL. The two big enemies in purgatory with nothing else but exhibition matches against each other for the end of time. Try selling that to Netflix.

• Like 1

Seriously, I think this is why there are six. I know I'm being a bit flippant and obviously I'm bloody witty as hell and but I'm preaching the truth here guys. I'm spitting facts. I'm not just reading between the lines... I LIVE between the lines. I've sniffed out an uncomfortable truth here. This is far more calculated than we ever know.

Also, being cynical here, this does now explain why there are SIX and why Arsenal and Spurs have been shoe-horned in. They thought about this. They could not risk being 5 or less for this exact reason.

Be funny if that was true and the ESL just kicked Spurs and Arsenal out as soon as its established and already booted from the PL. The two big enemies in purgatory with nothing else but exhibition matches against each other for the end of time. Try selling that to Netflix.

You might have a point about the SIX number.    what i think is also true is that they are trying to push this though while no on is allowed in the grounds and no one can protest , the absolute cu@ts 

Seriously, I think this is why there are six. I know I'm being a bit flippant and obviously I'm bloody witty as hell and but I'm preaching the truth here guys. I'm spitting facts. I'm not just reading between the lines... I LIVE between the lines. I've sniffed out an uncomfortable truth here. This is far more calculated than we ever know.

I don’t want to piss on your chips mate, but it’s been mooted a few times already on here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

This whole thing is about four clubs- Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid. If two of those walked away the thing goes with it. The contemporary club wouldn't want a league without the biggest match. Juventus have Ronaldo which increases their pull but still way off the others.

People around the world are not desperate to watch Tottenham Hotspur. They are barely an elite game in this country for most teams. The world viewers want the massive names in terms of clubs and players. Half this lot are fillers. If Bayern Munich said "we're in" and it was restricted to 12 Tottenham would be straight out.

Arsenal and Tottenham are clinging to the rest, presently.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

UEFA are not against a super league. They are against it not being THEIR super league. 

If they do this they are literally leaching off the fan's backlash and they'll try to keep that backlash going whilst they low key slide through bigger handouts and handicaps to the cheating 6.