Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

I think all the big 6 teams should refuse to play games  go on strike until the owners get the ****ing message and that is this is our game if you don't like it **** off and stop tarnishing our game with greed like you already are

Edited by lcfc cowboys

Clubs will be forced to withdraw I think, reluctantly or not. It's a question of what happens next. It would take a hell of person to go through with it after the reaction. 

Fair play to Chelsea fans for making their point but think they should let the game go ahead. But this shows why any announcements like this shouldn't be made during a season, complete distraction for everyone. 

What are scenes in Italy and Spain like? Italians like a protest, be good to see. 

Not sure why people are saying "this isn't the players fault". Of course it isn't but that's not the point. The protests and the anger isn't being aimed at the players, its aimed at the greedy owners. However, the players are the only people who can stop this nonsense from happening. Doesn't matter how much money is thrown at the ESL, if the players all make a stand and refuse to join up then they can't have a competition without players. I'm sure the players are having talks behind the scenes and possibly seeking legal advice but they have got to stop this. The players won't gain from this, any extra money made from the ESL will go straight to owners. 

Once this does get thrown out, which I'm confident it will, the disgusting owners, especially at Manchester United and Liverpool need to be hounded out. Easier said than done but the damage they have done to their clubs is irreparable and their fans will never forgive this. Joel Glazer and John Henry are utterly vile, disgusting human beings who should never be allowed anything to do with football ever again. Piss off back to your American sports you fecking reptiles! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Not the players fault at all. Completely agree, however when no one else is taking responsibility they unfortunately represent their clubs and therefore the message must be conveyed to them. They can then pass the message up to the top.

Yeah I'm tired of the narrative that the players are some sort of unaffected passengers with no voice or agency in all this. Clubs spend millions on these players, then spend millions providing for them but they're still human beings. I'm not putting any blame on them for what's happened, but at some point they no longer become just bystanders. Even their silence will eventually also communicate a message. And that's their right and that's fine, but I get to judge them for it.   

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 1