Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

15 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

They should face points deductions for bringing the league into disrepute IMO, it affected the game last night, and until this is resolved it affects every game in the league that is yet to be played, particularly those involving the 6.

Just change the rules to relegate the bottom two clubs plus the club that has played in the the most unauthorised fixtures.

43 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

As much as it sounds nice that ain't gonna happen, assets worth hundreds of millions, which is what the players are aren't going to just walk away for nothing.

I don't think the players should pay for this (even though they are paid enough), it should be the clubs paying them off. However, I wouldn't be surprised if some players have some special clauses in their contracts about playing in other leagues (such as the super league).

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

They're not staying away from it though. They're saying they haven't been involved in any discussions (at this stage). Both Sky and Amazon put out very similar statements but none of them actually said they won't want any part in it should the opportunity present itself.

...and I wouldn't expect them to at this stage. It's purely the mood music right now that sky, bt and amazon have all felt the need to distance themselves. 

If this shite gets going and it remains as toxic as it is now, they won't touch it. 

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Well he’s (rightly or wrongly) telling Boris to stay out of it because Boris is using it as a mechanism for credibility rather than because he actually cares. 

That’s his cover story but I suspect his real motivation is to protect Liverpool from criticism as usual. Watch him squirm and pause for thought after every word. He hasn’t got an ounce of sincerity the scum bag.

4 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

This is the time for the footballing authorities to let everyone know that no club or person is bigger than the league itself. Look at what happened with Rangers up in Scotland, obviously for a different reason but the Scottish game continued without them at the top table for a few years.  The product will not die if Man Utd and Liverpool are punished severely.  In fact some of the lower league teams getting the opportunity to play these punished “super league teams” as they all try to come back through the divisions could help the small clubs recoup some of the losses this pandemic as brought them. Throw the book at them. 

The TV deal they have in Scotland isn't a fraction of the Premier league one. There's a massive difference in the losses involved. 

Bayern’s statement officially rejecting it feels big. Without Bayern, Dortmund and PSG they cannot market it as the best clubs in Europe. It starts to become a joke with spurs and Arsenal and no Bayern or PSG. 

• Like 4

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

...and I wouldn't expect them to at this stage. It's purely the mood music right now that sky, bt and amazon have all felt the need to distance themselves. 

If this shite gets going and it remains as toxic as it is now, they won't touch it. 

And these are just the UK broadcasters right? Presumably a big part of the super league plans is the Asian market. Is it inconceivable that the plans get going, aren’t broadcast in the UK, but are still commercially viable? 

This is the problem really, the plans are based on global appeal and power, so I wonder how much can be done in the UK from some angles

30 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Caragher is a slimy piece of shit isn’t he? You can tell how conflicted he is when Liverpool get targeted and tries to deflect it onto the other clubs. He would 100% support this league if it wasn’t so unpopular. Twat.

Emotional immaturity. He can’t separate his love for Liverpool FC with what’s right and what’s wrong. It isn’t about Liverpool FC, people aren’t wanting the club brought to its knees and burned to the ground, this isn’t fan allegiances coming to the fore, they want the owners of Liverpool FC to be held to account over their actions to bring the whole game in to disrepute - anybody in their right mind can see that but he just can’t quite wrap his head around it. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The TV deal they have in Scotland isn't a fraction of the Premier league one. There's a massive difference in the losses involved. 

Again I think he's talking about the principle of it and for what it's worth old frm fans visiting 2 or 3 times a season makes up a huge proportion of the budget of a lot of our clubs so there was a massive relative financial hit in Scotland for the smaller clubs. Not to mention the fact the TV deal got reduced also as there is a clause in Sky's contract that lessens the monies significantly if there are not four old fim games in a season.

Not on the same scale as the EPL case but there was a significant relative impact your ignoring.

This really needs to move from a financial issue to a moral and competitive one.

auf Englisch:

FC Bayern Munich takes a closed position on the Super League. President Herbert Hainer says: “Our members and fans reject a Super League. It is our wish as FC Bayern and our goal that the European clubs live this wonderful and emotional Champions League competition and develop it together with UEFA. FC Bayern says no to the Super League. " The chairman of the board, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, affirmed: “On behalf of the board I can expressly state that FC Bayern does not take part in the Super League. FC Bayern stands in solidarity with the Bundesliga. It was and is always a great pleasure for us to be able to play as the German representative in the Champions League. We all still fondly remember our Champions League victory in Lisbon in 2020, such a happy moment is never forgotten. For FC Bayern, the Champions League is the best club competition in the world. "

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Again I think he's talking about the principle of it and for what it's worth old frm fans visiting 2 or 3 times a season makes up a huge proportion of the budget of a lot of our clubs so there was a massive relative financial hit in Scotland for the smaller clubs. Not to mention the fact the TV deal got reduced also as there is a clause in Sky's contract that lessens the monies significantly if there are not four old fim games in a season.

Not on the same scale as the EPL case but there was a significant relative impact your ignoring.

This really needs to move from a financial issue to a moral and competitive one.

It's pragmatism versus morality. I've always leaned to the practical side. That doesn't mean I don't want these bastards to suffer but I can't see a way without hurting us too. 

• Like 1