Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

3 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

What needs to be immediately stopped in its tracks is the term ‘Legacy Fans’. I’m tired of hearing folk yak on about how they have loved their club for x amount of years and state that they live, sleep and breath football. 

if that’s the case, you really need to stop being an INCEL and promptly a grip. 

I'm not sure you understand what an incel is.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wise to not say too much, check legality. Discuss what happens if you chuck them out etc. Clubs need to protect short terms futures also. 

They had to establish and put on record unanimous agreement before anything else. Otherwise they are toothless.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So the only option is 1 then. Try telling a billion people worldwide not to pay or not buy advertised products, that’s the market this will be aimed at. Imagine just charging £1 per game, that’s £10 billion a week. Makes every other completion look petty I’m comparison.

This is the thing here....

The commercial contracts the "big 6" have will be worthless if they are made to play in their local league with minimal coverage.

The power here is with the league & FA. If they can remove the 6, where will they play? Friendlies?

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The 14 other clubs want to grow a set of balls here.

They’re thinking of the money. If the pressure can make the ESL fantasy fold then the 14 will be happy to have the cash cows around. Without them it will be a dire struggle. 

However, I love a dire struggle and I would still relegate the lot of them and ban them from Europe for a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

They either have to resind their membership of the super league and suffer massive fines and point deductions or be expelled from the Premier League. If you negotiate with them, they'll just do similar again and again.

Fvck them, football is far bigger than them.

This seems to be a point that lots of people in the media are missing, especially Simon Jordan on Talksport this morning, basically suggesting that all is needed, is to take away the no promotion/relegation aspect and it will be OK. 

Giving these Billionaire owners their own league, managed by themselves, with rules they make themselves, would be a disaster. End of. They will constantly change their own rules to make themselves (the owners) richer. This Super League is probably a water downed version of what it will eventually become! Terrifying!  

If this goes through, the PL should perhaps re-write the rule-book so that the current 14 good guys are automatically members of the PL, whilst the 6 snakes-in-the-grass have to battle it out between themselves to avoid the drop, not just this season but for the next 23 years. I suspect that these 6 might then realise just how outrageous is the plan that they've signed up for.  

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The 14 other clubs want to grow a set of balls here.

Massively agree. They may not go this time but they will eventually go, have to be hard line now or else they will just ruin the prem and then leave when we have no chance of recovery. It may benefit to get rid of them while we still have a good TV contract and plan accordingly with the remaining European teams this summer. 

I appreciate the sentiment from Lineker but it feels like it could come back to bite him on the arse at some time. I am pretty confident that even if this doesn't go ahead, UEFA will make it progressively harder for 'non-elite' clubs to qualify for the CL and offer places to wild-card teams based on historic performances. Does Lineker present coverage of that? 

It feels a bit Walkers Bowl; they'll back down and negotiate something with UEFA and we'll end up with something almost as bad.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

I think we need to be realistic about what the other clubs want to happen. This situation is crap for everyone but having them turfed out the league would be terrible for the clubs who have invested hundreds of millions of pounds (such as ours).

People should be pushing for leadership changes in the clubs responsible, being forced to have 51% supporter ownership and legislating so that other clubs have to do the same when their ownership next changes. That would be so much better than any talk about banning them or anything.

58 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Some bloke just rung my door bell asking if I was interested in buying a new composite front door. I might have been interested but he was wearing a ManC face covering. I told him to Fuch off. 

Could've been worse, he might have been a Glaz(i)er

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

The owners must never be forgiven, but at this point it would be unfair to hold players, managers or fans accountable for it.

I think what will be really interesting is once people start getting the choice to opt in. Like a player or manager decides now to join one of these clubs, they’ve basically at that point said they’re fine with it and to me that’s when they should be held accountable.

Make damn sure that none of those players or managers who opted in ever join are club, make that a deterrent. Have a mass of washed up managers and players who couldn’t cut it in the mercenary league and now can’t play anywhere. They might have the financial might but we have the numbers. How many players and managers would sacrifice 95% of possible future employers for a shot at a super league team? The moment we start welcoming these people without consequence then the game is up

..totally agree...the problem you will find, if players are released as not good enough for these teams, then they will be picked up...guaranteed!!!

We need to make it so there is a 3 year wait, for them, to come back into the new league setup. They will have to think long and hard if they want to take the risk.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

You can't create a law that only apply to certain people. You can't make it illegal for Man U to stage football matches without making it illegal for everyone else. This isn't China, the govt can't act in arbitrary ways. 

Too much of this debate is based on wishful thinking. These billionaires wouldn't go into this without checking out all the legal possibilities. 

Legal is relative in todays world. Laws can be changed on a whim and have been for centuries/decades provided power and/or money are behind it and have been for centuries/decades. It would be interesting what your economy would look like(mine too) if you had fought for all of your off-shored businesses that had been allowed to abandon your country. Your economy would be much different shape now.

If you let the powers that be use their laws, that they have written for their benefit without challenge, then you might as well kiss your football leagues good bye. Sit, stand or rebuild. Its your choice. 

Just now, Kingleicester said:

The club the size of Blackburn back then beating the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Leeds even forest to the tittle is some achievement, 

They had serious backing. I'd say the Forest team of that season was possibly more impressive. 

36 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Gary Neville can't stop winning. Nailed as usual.

Caragher is a slimy piece of shit isn’t he? You can tell how conflicted he is when Liverpool get targeted and tries to deflect it onto the other clubs. He would 100% support this league if it wasn’t so unpopular. Twat.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kingleicester said:

The club the size of Blackburn back then beating the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Leeds even forest to the tittle is some achievement, 

I don't know how old you are but Blackburn at the time were a financial powerhouse, Shearer signed for them ahead of Man Utd.

• Like 1