Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Who wants to tell Kevin?

Eh? He didn’t do anything of the sort. Is this guy deaf, or just stupid? Corden was making the point that the new system is intended to stop teams like Leicester ever winning the top competition again. He only mentioned Liverpool once, when he lists the teams who have signed up. How can Blodgett possibly listen to this clip and suggest that Corden said “ Leicester are on the same level as Liverpool”.  Cognitive dissonance at its most extreme.

As it happens, we are ahead of Liverpool right now, which does, as Corden points out, “give every fan hope”. THAT is the whole point.

Don’t even get me started on Tottenham’s success over the last 60 years and their fans blathering on about how they are a top 6 team.

I am actually hoping that ManC and Chelsea do a U- Turn and we replace Manure and others the Teams from the top of the Championship. Do we need all this US influence and Spuds?  Nah

Another key point with the super league. What advantage does this actually offer Bayern, PSG, or Man City.  At a time when the spanish clubs have messed up their finances and are losing their dominance... and money rich english clubs are still failing to be successful... surely that landscape is better for the well run clubs at the top. A real chance to pull away from them. 

This just levels the playing field for all the big teams and pulls everyone closer. Why would psg want that? 

Something people havent really considered. Of course Real and Barca want this. Because they are about to have to completely rebuild and sell assets.  Man City is the most baffling inclusion. They are about to win the league, with a real chance of finally being the top club in the world.... and they are risking it all for money they dont need.  Madness. 

If the field is level, and you are the best player in the world do you go to Man city? Or do you go to Man U, Real, Barca or Juve??

Edited by Lambert09

Six owners have stuck two fingers up at the fans of the clubs they own.  They cannot be allowed to succeed.  There may come a time when the football loving public has to take steps to ensure that the Super League is a commercial disaster by boycotting games and broadcasters that air the Super League games.  And if they think that will happen this enterprise may never happen.  

20 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's pragmatism versus morality. I've always leaned to the practical side. That doesn't mean I don't want these bastards to suffer but I can't see a way without hurting us too. 

It's not though every post is financially focussed. That's not practicality, the EPL and the rest of the clubs won't go bust if these six clubs leave so for that reason alone park the financial consequences at the door. Like I said this is so much bigger than just financially.

Sometimes everyone has to suffer for the greater good and the best outcome in the future, however far away that is and this is one such occassion.

I've been there with my own club where the death of Rangers cost us tens of millions each season they were out the league but it was a necessary evil to maintain sporting integrity.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 4

All this talk of teams backing out is weird if they truly did sign a 23 year deal with no chance of escape. How then can they back out?   Obviously legal shenanigans could winkle them out I’d imagine. 

Whatever happens though, this blatant disregard for every other team in every other league must not go unpunished.  These teams have been savage and their must be repercussions. 

11 minutes ago, Tinman said:

Just saw James Corden"s rant on the ESL and I'm on the fence now..

I squirmed a lot watching it.

I doubt the Yanks give a toss, and he gave them 6 minutes of outrage.

Really disappointed we haven't had any official line from the club now (unless I've missed it). We should be absolute front and centre of this as we gave every football fan the dream that they can achieve the ultimate. 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Another key point with the super league. What advantage does this actually offer Bayern, PSG, or Man City.  At a time when the spanish clubs have messed up their finances and are losing their dominance... and money rich english clubs are still failing to be successful... surely that landscape is better for the well run clubs at the top. A real chance to pull away from them. 

This just levels the playing field for all the big teams and pulls everyone closer. Why would psg want that? 

Something people havent really considered. Of course Real and Barca want this. Because they are about to have to completely rebuild and sell assets.  Man City is the most baffling inclusion. They are about to win the league, with a real chance of finally being the top club in the world.... and they are risking it all for money they dont need.  Madness. 

On the other hand, maybe Man City don't agree with all of this but felt the need not to be left behind? Who knows 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Really disappointed we haven't had any official line from the club now (unless I've missed it). We should be absolute front and centre of this as we gave every football fan the dream that they can achieve the ultimate. 

I think our silence speaks volumes, we don't need to say anything.

We've got a job to do, focus on the top 4 whilst letting the football world go to war with each other. Our way is out on that football pitch on Thursday night, we need 4 more wins, regardless of what happens in the meantime.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He looks genuinely fuming with it all. Not often he shows emotion, he's normally extremely calm but he looks miserable when 40 hours ago he was probably pissed up enjoying the semi-final win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Loving it..

This thing is getting toxic. Brands are shying away from it. 

I know a bit about amazon through work and despite all the predictable bad press, they are actually quite a cuddly, silicon Valley ethical meritocracy than they are given credit for. 

57 minutes ago, simon789us said:

:appl:

57 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

They're not staying away from it though. They're saying they haven't been involved in any discussions (at this stage). Both Sky and Amazon put out very similar statements but none of them actually said they won't want any part in it should the opportunity present itself.

Yeah for me Amazon haven't stated much there. It's a bit wishy-washy. Yeah they haven't been approached or part of the discussions now, but I do wonder how they'll feel when they eventually do...

Interesting to see this descending in a mixture of egotistical, shouting-loudest, dick-swinging and a more considered and balanced or maybe insidious and cowardly silence - from those in the game and outside of it, pro or con the change.

Lots being said that can't easily be taken back and I bloody love to see it unfold.

Meanwhilst, Spurs see all this shithousery going on and are not happy with merely being one of the 12 sh1ts and an absolute laughing stock, but decide completely out of the blue at a real random time to sack Mourinho and appoint Ryan Mason. Has there ever been a more Spursy 48 hours. " We're leaving the PL because we are definitely one of the top 12 clubs in Europe. Oh and also we're sacking our manager out of the blue and appointing this ex-midfielder we found in the cupboard".

And apart from Man City and Chelsea (for the last what, 3 months?) they are all properly sh1t as well.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He looks genuinely fuming with it all. Not often he shows emotion, he's normally extremely calm but he looks miserable when 40 hours ago he was probably pissed up enjoying the semi-final win.

He should be! We have literally played the game by the book. No cheating our finances to achieve success, all down to hard work from literally everyone associated with the club. We do all of that, only to find out that it was all a rigged game anyway and it never mattered what we did in the first place. He has done a truly outstanding job in his time with us, and it could all be for nothing.

The Super League literally makes it pointless to even bother trying. That's one of many reasons why fans are outraged.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah for me Amazon haven't stated much there. It's a bit wishy-washy. Yeah they haven't been approached or part of the discussions now, but I do wonder how they'll feel when they eventually do...

i agree with you im sure sky will change their tune if and when they are approached 

1 minute ago, simon789us said:

i agree with you im sure sky will change their tune if and when they are approached 

Not sure they will actually since if they don't; it may end up not happening, and they pretty much have the football they want, now.

I have a LOT of issues with Sky (and my package with them is a bonkers price currently) but it only takes watching live football on BT Sport or Amazon with certain commentators and I'm pretty much begging for someone to come and shout at me about how LIVE it is.