Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

At what point do past glories define the present status of a football club. Does winning Div 1 a hundred years ago still have any relevance to how we view a modern football club? 

Depends that clubs journey...Though I dont see the need to go around worrying of "how the we view" any Club putting them up for critic, to satisfy

the unsatisfied....

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t really see how that’s not a reasonable observation?  

Perez gives us intensity in the press and helps us to defend higher up the pitch - something we’ve lost recently - and we’re not gonna have as much of the ball (in possession against low block teams is where Perez’s short comings are seen as he seems to lack the guile at times to break them down)

To be honest, he wouldn’t be in my starting 11 for tomorrow, but I’m just saying I can see why he could start. 

We can many players doing that without stuffing in and actually making some contributions such as Barnsy,  Lookman etc but Perez is a momentum killer and he is not a EPL standart football player.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Uh. I’ve just realised Newcastle will take our potential place in the top four while we’re on a descent with our best ever squad. How depressing.

Not this season they won’t and maybe not next IF we get our arses in gear. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not this season they won’t and maybe not next IF we get our arses in gear. 

I hope so but soon we’ll be a quarter way through the season sporting relegation form. And it seems only the distant return of JJ and Fofana might spark some get up and go into the squad. Still, who knows. I’m praying for a miracle.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I hope so but soon we’ll be a quarter way through the season sporting relegation form. And it seems only the distant return of JJ and Fofana might spark some get up and go into the squad. Still, who knows. I’m praying for a miracle.

...you can't help but think Fuchs and Morgan not  being around could be having an effect on the squad morale!!!

Fuchs was a very upbeat person and well liked throughout the squad and Wes gave the team some kind of leadership out on the pitch.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Definitely agree with his comments re: Bruce. The disrespect and ignorance to him shown by the media is very unfair and harsh on him. 

Not just the media but those ghastly Newcastle fans. 

Aren't they supposed to be 'the most passionate fans in the world' and one of them has ran the club with some credit under their most hated owner. 

So naturally they treat him like shit. 

It's a myth this north east passion. Just a load of toxic idiots up there that treat the club like garbage in hard times. 

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's either got a job for life or he hasn't, surely? 

Unless things take a really bad turn he’s in post for as long as he wants it. The FA won’t be getting rid of him unless we fail to qualify for a major tournament and even then I imagine they’ll be very reluctant. 

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Uh. I’ve just realised Newcastle will take our potential place in the top four while we’re on a descent with our best ever squad. How depressing.

What… You thought we were going to somehow become a top 4 team long term?

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We are 5 points ahead of the relegation places. How exactly are we in relegation form FFS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

This is what he said “There is always going to be speculation as a manager and a coach. You are always honoured if you are linked with big jobs because it means you and your team are doing well.

“But in this moment, my concentration is fully on Watford and looking forward to next year.”

That is pretty much what he said at Celtic when asked about us, and is the stock answer of someone interested and quite different to what he said about us and Newcastle. Not so say a silly offer couldn’t get him.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Unless things take a really bad turn he’s in post for as long as he wants it. The FA won’t be getting rid of him unless we fail to qualify for a major tournament and even then I imagine they’ll be very reluctant. 

I think you might have missed my less than subtle point.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Not just the media but those ghastly Newcastle fans. 

Aren't they supposed to be 'the most passionate fans in the world' and one of them has ran the club with some credit under their most hated owner. 

So naturally they treat him like shit. 

It's a myth this north east passion. Just a load of toxic idiots up there that treat the club like garbage in hard times. 

...it would be Interesting to see our supporters reaction under a owner who appears to care little for their club!!!

Just reading the Brendan topic should give you a clue as to the feelings that run throughout when you fail to meet the minimum of the supporters aspiration.

Newcastle supporters have been starved of any sustainable input of finance and has had their hands tied behind their backs for too long.

Surely as a supporter, finding yourself in their position, you can understand the euphoria emanating from their terraces.

It wasn't that long ago that we had the good fortune to have an investor that saw us as a perfect fit for themselves, and made things happen for us that we never thought possible. 

It could easily have been some other team that benefitted, and we would have been the supporters, with our face pressed against the window, begging to come out of the cold.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We are 5 points ahead of the relegation places. How exactly are we in relegation form FFS.

Re our Prem results:

First 3 games - WLW

Last 4 games - LLDD

The results have dipped and the most recent ones show definite relegation form, so I don't think it's an unreasonable observation by Foxxed.

That's not to say that there's any worry at the moment, it's only 7 games in, but we need an improvement sooner rather than later.

Hopefully today we'll see some of the old fight back in the team. 

Edited by deep blue