Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

No cheap options at wide right. James would be 25 million , looks all pace and no brains to me. Pereira would be less and has a sharp brain , strength and excellent control. Trincao is very promising but somewhat unproven and 30 million plus. Whoever we go for we are going to have to pay.

I could do you a list as long as me Nan's tits of left footed right wingers under £25m

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I could do you a list as long as me Nan's tits of left footed right wingers under £25m

Cengiz Under ? Pretty sure there are a few in Div.1 and 2 . However we are looking for a Cartier not a Timex. My argument is you get what you pay for.

We nerd another cb with some experience either in the pl or at European level. Not saying he's got to be old but someone above 25 probably that has good leadership qualities. We miss them when Evans ain't playing. 

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

We nerd another cb with some experience either in the pl or at European level. Not saying he's got to be old but someone above 25 probably that has good leadership qualities. We miss them when Evans ain't playing. 

I think jochaim Anderson from Lyon, who’s been on loan at Fulham would be great, been immense every time i see him. He even became captain which is crazy for someone there on a 6 month loan.

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

I think jochaim Anderson from Lyon, who’s been on loan at Fulham would be great, been immense every time i see him. He even became captain which is crazy for someone there on a 6 month loan.

On the face of it that's a decent shout but apparently Lyon ant £30m which is too much. Someone like Tarkowski come August at £15-20m given his contract situation may represent better value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

On the face of it that's a decent shout but apparently Lyon ant £30m which is too much. Someone like Tarkowski come August at £15-20m given his contract situation may represent better value.

Dych firmly saying ,this morning , big money or he is going nowhere. If we do want him he is going to cost us a lot money. There are other options almost as good for a lot less money.

Tarkowski seems the obvious one. Only a year left on his contract and Burnley will want to cash in whilst they can. Of course dyche will say it will take big money to get him but they also know he wants to leave. 

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Dych firmly saying ,this morning , big money or he is going nowhere. If we do want him he is going to cost us a lot money. There are other options almost as good for a lot less money.

He's out of contract in a year, Dyche can say whatever he likes but come mid August and he's still there and still not signed a new deal they'll have to take what they can get.

I like what Rodgers has said. The physical side is where we missed out today and in a few games. 

defending set pieces has been a big issue, but mainly when one of the big guys or more of the big guys are out. 

if we could add some physical presence and then a bit of magic at the top end to supper the likes of vardy, nacho are Barnes.

think we need a left back too.

44 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Sounds like Ajer could be back on the cards . We’re desperate for a CB 

He had a horrible season for us the season before this one but in all honesty he has been the one shining light for us this season, he's done well and he looks at times like the only one that really cared.

Only a year to go on his deal also so another one that any prospective clubs could get on the cheap.

AC Milan have been constantly linked with him for the past couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He had a horrible season for us the season before this one but in all honesty he has been the one shining light for us this season, he's done well and he looks at times like the only one that really cared.

Only a year to go on his deal also so another one that any prospective clubs could get on the cheap.

We desperately need a CB! Too many games wasted playing castagne left back/cb! He would do nicely and fits the profile Rodgers mentioned for summer targets 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Sounds like Ajer could be back on the cards . We’re desperate for a CB 

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ajer was mentioned in an article about Newcastle and Choudhury the other day, would think Celtic would get around £10m for him rather than the £8m mentioned in the article

"Newcastle are advancing with their £8million move for Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer and have discussed a deal for Wigan striker Kyle Joseph but that will leave little left in the coffers for the likes of Choudhury or Joe Willock who has impressed on loan from Arsenal."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9607991/Newcastle-United-boss-Steve-Bruce-revives-Leicester-City-midfielder-Hamza-Choudhury.html

With Evans becoming more injury prone and Rodgers not wanting to use Amartey, preferring to play 2 other out position instead, we really need to look at bringing in another CB, especially if playing a back 3 will be something Rodgers switches to at times during the season.

Probably won't happen but would be great if we could get 5 of the following 6 in this summer. 

Striker, likely to be Edouard

RW ???

CDM/CM likely to be Soumare - adds physicality to our midfield and can drive forward with the ball when required. 

LB - Squad player until JJ is back - Bertrand would be ideal 

CB - improvement on Amartey

CAM - improvement on Perez - younger player to develop like Olise or a loan to buy. 

Edited by turlo
typo

Thinking about the same as last season with the need to move on some of our "so called Fans"  2nd best season in our history yet some proper hysteria from some on here, the likes of Everton, Spurs and Arsenal are desperate for some of the insight and knowledge from some of our footballing experts show on here

2 hours ago, turlo said:

With Evans becoming more injury prone and Rodgers not wanting to use Amartey, preferring to play 2 other out position instead, we really need to look at bringing in another CB, especially if playing a back 3 will be something Rodgers switches to at times during the season.

Probably won't happen but would be great if we could get 5 of the following 6 in this summer. 

Striker, likely to be Edouard

RW ???

CDM/CM likely to be Soumare - adds physicality to our midfield and can drive forward with the ball when required. 

LB - Squad player until JJ is back - Bertrand would be ideal 

CB - improvement on Amartey

CAM - improvement on Perez - younger player to develop like Olise or a loan to buy. 

Who loses out to Soumare?

We need something in attack like a Coutinho, someone who we aren't saying, hope he can do something, someone who already has that sparkle. 25-28 and played 20+ european cup games.