Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

40 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

IN

M. Pereira - £20m 

Edouard - £20m

Soumare - £20m

Gosens - £30m

KDH - Back from loan

Sowah - Back from loan

Spend: £90m

OUT

Hamza - £12m 

Praet - £20m

Knight - £1m

Perez - £10m

Benkovic - £2m (?) 

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

Total in: £45m

Net spend: £45m

A bit football manager-ish, but that’d be a brilliant window for me. 

Still 2 players shy there, we will want a left footed centre half and if we get rid of Praet and Choudhury then we'll want another attacking midfielder.

37 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

IN

M. Pereira - £20m 

Edouard - £20m

Soumare - £20m

Gosens - £30m

KDH - Back from loan

Sowah - Back from loan

OUT

Hamza - £12m 

Praet - £20m

Knight - £1m

Perez - £10m

Benkovic - £2m (?) 

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

I'd like us to add a young CAM to that list if' Perez and Praet were to go. Olise from Reading with a year left on his contract would be worth a punt and could give him a decent amount of game time in the Cups + Europe. He could also cover LW

• Like 2

Just now, turlo said:

I'd like us to add a young CAM to that list if' Perez and Praet were to go. Olise from Reading with a year left on his contract would be worth a punt and could give him a decent amount of game time in the Cups + Europe. He could also cover LW

Yeah Olise ticks a lot of boxes, so does Blas at Nantes.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still 2 players shy there, we will want a left footed centre half and if we get rid of Praet and Choudhury then we'll want another attacking midfielder.

I’d tend to agree, but where is the money coming from? I’m skeptical that we’d even have the £45m to spend that I’ve got in my list. 

I suppose like Moore said, you could drop Gosens to fund the players you mention! 

51 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I’d tend to agree, but where is the money coming from? I’m skeptical that we’d even have the £45m to spend that I’ve got in my list. 

I suppose like Moore said, you could drop Gosens to fund the players you mention! 

Not sure and that's why I was initially concerned we're spending £15-20m straight away on a combative midfielder which isn't a priority position but I'm now getting confident that won't mean we will fall short at getting the striker, winger and ACM we likely need this summer too.

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill

Who do I want this summer?

I think we need at least two players who can score goals. We’re screwed if we get to next season and it turns out Vardy’s finished and Kelechi’s gone back to the player he was until he started scoring goals all the time. Neither of which would surprise me.

Ideal window for me and its ambitious but I think we need this amount of new signings + serious overhaul of the academy.

In:

Edouard £15m

Ismail Jakobs £10m

Soumare £20m

Michael Olise £10m

Trincao loan obligation to buy next summer £30m

Evan N'Dicka £20m

KDH back from loan

Sowah back from loan

Out:

Praet £15m

Choudhury £12m

Ghezzal £6m

Amartey £3m

Fuchs free

Morgan free

Net spend around £40m

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 06:55, matty98 said:

One thing I really want us to add to our squad is pace, out of our current squad the only forwards we have with decent pace are Vardy and Barnes, ideally we need at least 2 wingers coming in with decent pace imo

Noni Madueke is a really interesting profile to me, PSV's best journalist has said we've put an offer in for him which is good news. If we make EL and we're definitely signing Edouard and Soumaré, I'd really hope we can squeeze him in to our budget as well. That would make a very round squad for me, if we can also somehow get a left-back that would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

We have to build our attack around Barnes and Kelechi..

Vardy is a fading force so cameos from the bench will be his role next season.

maddison, I would cash in on and buy a ST , AM and Winger (would no doubt need to add to the cash we get for Maddison to do this)

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This lad, partly as he's consistently funny on socials, mainly as he's the type that can run at people just like we need. 

Would love him here but he'd cost about 40m and we aren't going to pay that sadly.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Would like to sign at least 1 experienced player now Morgan, Fuchs & James are leaving.

Bertrand.

• Like 1

I’ve always thought Jack Harrison looked good when I’ve seen him. Not sure how much man city would ask for. Or if he has the ability to play on the right.. but tidy player 

edit- contract expires next summer .... get him In! 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve always thought Jack Harrison looked good when I’ve seen him. Not sure how much man city would ask for. Or if he has the ability to play on the right.. but tidy player 

edit- contract expires next summer .... get him In! 

Think Leeds have an option to buy.

On 20/05/2021 at 13:18, Devonfox1884 said:

IN

M. Pereira - £20m 

Edouard - £20m

Soumare - £20m

Gosens - £30m

KDH - Back from loan

Sowah - Back from loan

OUT

Hamza - £12m 

Praet - £20m

Knight - £1m

Perez - £10m

Benkovic - £2m (?) 

Morgan - Free

Fuchs - Free

Nobody is going to pay 20 million quid for Praet in this window (and economic climate).

On 20/05/2021 at 14:01, Ric Flair said:

Yeah Olise ticks a lot of boxes, so does Blas at Nantes.

Olise was called up by Nigeria in the last international window. He didn't join up with them ostensibly due to issues with Covid protocols. So, he's another one who might be unavailable during AFCON if he eventually joins up with Nigeria. 

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Olise was called up by Nigeria in the last international window. He didn't join up with them ostensibly due to issues with Covid protocols. So, he's another one who might be unavailable during AFCON if he eventually joins up with Nigeria. 

....Attacking midfielder (predominantly) great on the ball, playing in a league below!!!

44 games 7 Goals and 12 assists, would have thought he would have been eligible to play for England and France, Nigeria is an interesting choice.

13 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Nobody is going to pay 20 million quid for Praet in this window (and economic climate).

I'd include Abrahams in the In list also.

I doubt we'd let Perez go for 10 mil. more like 18/20

Amartey or Mendy could also be let go  Mendy 15/20  mil  Amartey 8/10 mil

With KDH coming back he can provide the midfield cover if we let Mendy and Amartey go.

What we need now is quality or better options, as well as more numbers.

If we could get the 5 in for 100 to 120 million and 8 out for 50 to 60 million that would be seriously good business.

21 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn't know that! Interesting given he specifically chose to represent France at youth level instead of England.