Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

PLEASE DON’T LET US FUCH UP LIKE WE DID LAST SEASON GIVING MANURE OUT PLACE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, REALLY HOPE THEY SH1T THE BED THIS SEASON LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR !!🙏

Still can't hear you. 

Can you speak up, please? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I don’t get Jamie Vardy recently. Normally when you get to your later ages you lose your pace and sharpness but your finishing is what goes last...Vards recently has played well, looks dangerous, great composure to jink inside and then the easy bit he just never buries it! It’s strange, he did so well but he has to score. Hero was there to be took!

Saying that, after looking back at them, I actually think Ndidi is probably a worse miss than Vards. He just has to hit the target and it’s in, more to aim at. Timmy also should do better but probably the toughest of the 3.

Simple fact is we can dress it up any way we like but drawing vs a struggling Southampton with 10 men is a poor result and if we miss out on top 4 because of 2 points then we know where we threw them.

Just so disappointing and we always make it difficult for ourselves.

Spot on. The Vardy thing is strange. He’s kept his pace but lost his finishing! 😄

He looks totally devoid of confidence in front of goal if truth be told

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think it's the disappointment that we have missed an absolutely golden opportunity, given the early sending off for them and the chance to go 10 points clear of West Ham. Feels like a defeat, even though we showed some balls to get a point after falling behind.

Yeah, I’m disappointed too but you’ve still got to have regard to the big picture and the fact that we’ve played a lot of games recently. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maddison can't win, can he? 

Tries a through ball instead of shooting? Shit. 

Tries a shot that doesn't go in? Shit. 

What's he meant to do? Just outside the box with a decent opportunity to score and he doesn't shoot and he'll get moaned out. Shoots? Gets moaned at. 

He has my sympathies purely because of the hatred he gets from our own fans, let alone others?! I think some fans need to just reign it in a little. Doesn't make sense to me to aim so much hate towards a player of our own who's not even that bad. 

What's expected is that Maddison makes better decisions.

Watching him tonight, he gave the impression that he was more interested in his own agenda rather than the team's. Maybe his lack of fitness is part of the reason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Madders sounds really flat and pissed off.

Almost as if he really cares :rolleyes:

No mate you’ve got this wrong. James Maddison wipes his arse on Leicester city scarfs and spits at Filbert Fox every time he walks past him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sishades said:

For those who have short memories, we must get third as it looks like being an all english Europa and Champions league finals. If so only the top three get champions league. MUST MUST beat Newcastle and one other.

Might need to start cheering on Chelsea in league games soon....

Just now, Manini said:

No mate you’ve got this wrong. James Maddison wipes his arse on Leicester city scarfs and spits at Filbert Fox every time he walks past him. 

Yeah, you'd think so reading some of the comments on here about him :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wasted opportunity, put everyone behind the ball and we couldn't break them down, moved the ball too slow.

Took us about 30 mins to create a half chance, too passive again, when your against 10 you should just go for it, they just crawled under a rock, weren't interested in leaving their half.

We did nothing down the wing, no intricate passing until the latter stages, some poor finishing. Could tell the ref was championship standard, kept giving soft fouls.

Just hope they get some rest and then get the job done, at the business end of the season you need to beat this sort of crap, same for Newcastle which I think will be tougher than we think, I am genuinely worried about the last 3, can't see many points coming from them which makes tonight seem like a real waste.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Do you know how to get hold of one of those scarves? They’ll fetch a few quid on eBay I’m sure 

We lacked the sharpness that's been the feature of our recent performances. Tonight it was slow, obvious passes, less off-the-ball movement to enable moves down the wings, and snatched half chances. Southampton didn't crumble like perhaps we expected when they went down to 10, and they were assisted by an inadequate referee who singularly failed to take any action against their constant excessive timewasting. At least thirty or forty seconds per goal kick and 20 seconds per throw in add up to several minutes when the ball wasn't in play. We weren't good enough to win tonight, so a point is a satiscraptory outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

This is true. He had sweetcorn the day before sending me one of his personalised scarfs 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I do sometimes think that @StanSP lives for rep points.

It'll be etched on his gravestone...

"Here lies Stan. He lived a happy life of 35,000 FT likes and 3,000 Twitter followers"

:D

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Thought Brendan should have made changes tonight can’t expect Vards to play as much as he does every game ?

Think he puts far too much on certain players !

We really need to bolster our attacking options. Through the absence of only one player (Barnes), we've ended up having to change the shape of the team and to continue to play Vardy every game, even though he is so out of form and probably knackered.  The teams we're competing with have 2 high quality options for every position. We don't at the moment. Hopefully we can address that in the summer so we can rotate more without a massive drop in quality.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

This is true. He had sweetcorn the day before sending me one of his personalised scarfs 

Wondered who the mole from the Ayoze-Madders-Morgan party was. 

Mods I want it on record that Mike Oxlong is a no good grass I tell ye! 

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

What's expected is that Maddison makes better decisions.

Watching him tonight, he gave the impression that he was more interested in his own agenda rather than the team's. Maybe his lack of fitness is part of the reason.

That second para is a load of shit 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on. The Vardy thing is strange. He’s kept his pace but lost his finishing! 😄

He looks totally devoid of confidence in front of goal if truth be told

Crazy ain’t it! Never confident he’ll score atm but he did really well to set it up I thought he’d done all the hard work.

I find a lot of his misses recently have been on his left foot so he really should of done better on his right but yeah your probably right about the confidence thing. His only goal being one he believed was offside backs that up 🤣.

• Like 1