Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Bit of a myth, last year we slapped Southampton 9-0 and Newcastle 5-0, so not really always. 

Both times they went down to ten men we were already leading. 

39 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Hands up, all those that still want Liverpool to win on Sunday. 

Me...!!!

We Love, live & die by our own results, and Not shit ourselves, by worrying whats behind us...

I am just a brave old gran-fan, our Proof of Real Quality is Holding Top quality competitors at bay..

You Youngsters are still Not prepared to do the hard-yards, you want to relax, sit back, and achieve the Lazy way...!!!

Being Top of the Class with the others only claiming Cs & Ds....doesn't mean you have anything to Shout about..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, melrose said:

Can someone please explain to me how we can't get into the CL if we finish 4th, if the Engish teams in this seasons CL and europa league win their competitions? 

Only if Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th or below and Arsenal win the Europa League.

It is a very long shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Frustrating. Very ****ing frustrating.

I appreciate once they go down to 10 it’s just going to be 10 behind the ball and hard to break down but there was far too much sideways, backwards nonsense.

When does the penny drop ‘hmmm they’re staying rigid, not committing themselves, perhaps we should stop the sideways, backwards bullshit trying to draw them out and maybe try actually taking the game to them, going forward and show some attacking intent’?

At times when Southampton did attack our defence looked shaky, we looked like the team with 10 men.

Once we went 1-0 down we actually decided to show some attacking intent and realised oh shit, we’ve gotta go for this in which time we were quite impressive and had enough good chances to win it. Unfortunately it just wasn’t going for us.

But why it took us to go 1-0 down to stop the passive shit god only knows.

This isn't true. The goal came after a 5-10 minute spell where we'd upped the tempo

All my love to the binary bedshitters for whom just saying 'wasn't great, been worse' isn't an option

Wank performance

Arrogant springs to mind. Expected to pass the ball around and just beat a poor ten man team. Not good enough. 

The circumstances of that game made any think but a win a disappointment. And it was.

Poor, not one stand out performance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

As DayDay said. It's what O'neill an other managers done all the time pushing Walshie or Elliott up front to rescue games or even get the winner.

Brendan has always said he try's to win every game. How he gets the result doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Sometimes you have to roll the dice a little.

We don't win balls in the box simply because we don't have anyone in there who can. By putting someone up top who's good at winning the ball gives us a better chance of doing so. Southampton are not very good in the air at the back without Vestagarde.

If you continue to do the same your likely to get the same result as it proved.

How many goals have we scored from corners and set pieces when Evans, Cags and Fofana have gone up for them? They're strengths are clearly not attacking headers. Gone are the days of putting Walshy upfront. If we started playing hoofball at 80 mins I guarantee BR would have got a lot more stick and there is no suggestion that the result would have been any different. 

And that, folks, is the Premier League. As I keep saying, along with many others, no easy games. We really didn’t play with enough speed, guile or determination. 

If you don’t turn up in this league you get what you deserve, usually. 

Although peak Vardy wins that for us. This isn’t peak Vardy. 

Abysmal.  Atrocious.  Abhorrent.  Choose your alphabet, they all apply.

Starting with 5 at the back was wrong, but as usual Rodgers waited way too long to make a change.  His substitutions were baffling, and leaving one unused is unforgivable.  Would have been a perfect opportunity to get Under onto the pitch, or Praet for Ndidi with about half an hour to go.  Just a disaster from the manager on down.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Abysmal.  Atrocious.  Abhorrent.  Choose your alphabet, they all apply.

Starting with 5 at the back was wrong, but as usual Rodgers waited way too long to make a change.  His substitutions were baffling, and leaving one unused is unforgivable.  Would have been a perfect opportunity to get Under onto the pitch, or Praet for Ndidi with about half an hour to go.  Just a disaster from the manager on down.

Absolutely rubbish from the first word down.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolutely rubbish from the first word down.

Gotta play it safe only 1 man up against a power club like Southampton.  If they get a second red, then you go for it.

VonnegutBusy 

Today at 3:50 PM

New

Add bookmark

The Leicester bottlejob has begun.

They still have United, Chelsea and us to play in their last 4.

If we win our 5 we overtake them.

From the "Fighting Cock". Pretty rich when Spurs are calling us a bottle job !

Edited by gurru991

Recorded the game to watch after work.

First half was boring but you have to be patient sometimes.

Turned off after Southampton goal i just don't want to watch this crap.

So a point better than no points but 2 points dropped and the bank Holiday weekends on a downer before its begun.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Cengo may not be in LCFC's future plan but he is still employed by the Foxes. I thought he could have add an additional flair or attacking option for the team today.

Sharky, Perez, Madders and Youri were too predictable and displaying lack of consistency today.

I totally understand that BR clearly doesn't fancy Under but good football manager must explore every single avenue for the greater good.

• Like 1

Credit to Southampton for digging their heels in. Bit of a tired, sloppy display for the most part, with some decent chances going begging towards the end. Apart from Jonny Evans I’m not sure anyone had a very good game.

Ah well, can’t win them all. Beat Newcastle, and 10 points from 12 would be a good return. The chasing group will no doubt have their own banana skins, most have already had a few.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Too many players were off their game last night and a few seemed to forget how to control and pass a ball, but 4 games in 13 days hasn't helped.  Klopp would have been ranting by now, but credit to Rodgers, he doesn't moan and just gets on with it!

We will win one of those last 3 at least. We didn’t look sharpe, maybe it was tiredness.

people drive me crazy on this forum with the “pathetic, terrible etc..,” can’t wait to have a moan.  It was poor but not as bad as some are making out.

We are 3rd with 4 games to go. By the end of the weekend we will be at least 5 points clear of 5th. The draw could still be a very big point.

• Like 3

Plenty of knees definitely jerking here.

Wait to see how the weekend results pan out and then decide if it’s been a complete disaster.

Even if our rivals below us all win (which I doubt) it’ll still be in our own hands.

Its really disappointing but that’s the highs and lows of football.

I reckon 4 more points should be enough to finish 4th.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Me...!!!

We Love, live & die by our own results, and Not shit ourselves, by worrying whats behind us...

I am just a brave old gran-fan, our Proof of Real Quality is Holding Top quality competitors at bay..

You Youngsters are still Not prepared to do the hard-yards, you want to relax, sit back, and achieve the Lazy way...!!!

Being Top of the Class with the others only claiming Cs & Ds....doesn't mean you have anything to Shout about..!!

You didn’t enjoy the title win then...

• Like 1