Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still can't hear you. 

Can you speak up, please? 

FUCHER MOTHERFUCHER CNUTING KNOBHEADED COCKWOMBLE TOSSERED KNOBHEADED TW@TED BLOODY KNOBBY CNUTING FUCHING JACKKNOBHEADEDVOLLOCKINGSH1TMOTHERFUCHINGJACKNARSTERWARINGTOSSERATINGFUCHWITTEDJACKHEADEDARSEKISSINGSPURSSUPPORTINGwilly puller !!

sorry for shouting !!

Seen it before - early sending off sets the defending team into siege mode and attacking team into overconfidence.

By the end, we were trying too hard and I've no doubt the 9-0 played on their minds. You can only play what's in front of you. We've seen before teams can destroy "superior" opposition and lose to supposed minnows.

Personally, I feel if the red card didn't happen, we'd have got a better performance. Not gonna stew over it. Just a mindset thing and can happen to any team. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It’s not the end of the world.
Can’t just expect to go away in the PL and win every time. 
It’s a vital point and we’re still in a good position.

Keep the faith 

At last a balanced, calm view...

This is the PL...The past, the ' shoulds of'  dont count..

Southampton are a Good team...

My only disapointment, our top midfield players didnt demand the ball, & push forward themselves..

Top Interview with Maddison...Not hiding...Admitting he s still below required form...

This is the Realisation what is needed when One fights for Top 3...und

Big difference compared to when your sitting 8-5th...

The Tempo in the First 70 minutes was ok but too slow, then not Clinical in the box...

But we are still in the driving seat....

We are still in the Middle of the mix of a Great EOS chase....

pundits & fans Keep Making these should comments, and Making a story comparing last season...

Just because we arent seeing Teams laying down...This is where we have to Simply prove ourselves...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are people so obsessed with me:(

🤷‍♂️

Was half joking because I saw another Stan in here posting the same cookie cutter holier than thou stuff that you and the dozen odd other profiles are posting.

why_always_me1.jpg

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

FUCHER MOTHERFUCHER CNUTING KNOBHEADED COCKWOMBLE TOSSERED KNOBHEADED TW@TED BLOODY KNOBBY CNUTING FUCHING JACKKNOBHEADEDVOLLOCKINGSH1TMOTHERFUCHINGJACKNARSTERWARINGTOSSERATINGFUCHWITTEDJACKHEADEDARSEKISSINGSPURSSUPPORTINGwilly puller !!

sorry for shouting !!

And this kids, is why you shouldn't drink alcohol and post on the internet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Playing more proactive I think we win that comfortably. This awful set up we play will always mean that we make it harder for ourselves. Looked mre dangerous when we decided to go attacking.

Fair play to Southampton though, dug in well and were good value for the point.

We've still for the squad to finish top 4 no problem. Up to Brendan and the lads to make it happen.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nah. I'm done. 

If you're serious (I thought you were joking), have a weekend off, enjoy the football and come back on Monday.

It's an internet forum, don't take it all so serious, half the people wouldn't say the stuff they on here in real life.

Have a good weekend lad :thumbup::beer:

So first off, well played Southampton. Hasenuttl would be nailed on for the Spurs job if it wasn't for their drop in performance in the second half of the season (and losing games by 9 goals lol). Kyle Water-Peters easily MOTM, he was seemingly everywhere and tracked threats to nullify them really well. 

I want to say that first because this is a game of TWO teams. They stayed in this game and kept their energy up with one man down practically the whole game.

Now all that being said, we didn't do enough to win over the entire game imo. People could argue in the last 15 something could have gone our way to win but it's still not enough. Maddison didn't do enough but it's worth noting his shots (most of which went over the bar lol) sort of triggered our eventual push that led to the goal. As if the team had to be reminded what the objective of the game was. But after the goal he just disappears again. It's infuriating. If he wants to keep progressing he has to take responsibility earlier and be waaaaayyyy more consistent. Up until recently I'd always lean more Maddison over Mount for England but after Chelsea's game in the week and ours tonight, yeah Maddison needs to sort it out. Thomas I have HUGE respect for but he needs support down that left side. This is the second game we've seen it. Playing LB with a partner in RW probably suites him more. I don't want to criticize him tbh, it's more something BR needs to figure out. 

Massively missed opportunity. We should have just poured on the pressure in the first half. Do everything for that first goal and the odds are we'd have walked the rest. 

Oh well, we take the point and move on. But I FULLY expect the NUFC game to be like this. They're another team that need a couple more points to guarantee safety (and a team with a point to prove) so will be a challenge. They also have players that can break. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Does no one in this thread recognise or remember we are LCFC and we damn well will choose the hard way?

Stop bickering and enjoy/endure the ride. Some of you sound like jonny-come-latelys; honestly, its weird. You want to sulk and throw your toys after a non-win? Arsenal TV is that way.... cheerio!

I’ve been following Leicester since 1993 and we needed to win tonight especially against 10 men. I’m sorry but I don’t hark back to the bad old days. We’ve moved on and we expect to win these games. I don’t care 12 years ago we were playing Stockport in league one. Move on my friend. We as a club aren’t the underdogs anymore. We need to deal with this kind of pressure, we wanna be a top club. We need to start acting like one. 

• Like 2

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hugely frustrating in the circumstances but...

Remember how we felt after losing to West Ham.

Since then, we've taken 7 points from a possible 9 and reached the FA Cup Final.

lol

Whilst playing some of the worst teams in this league. Well done to us

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think I might take a break from life. Later everyone. Enjoy the rest of the season everyone :sleep:

Thanks Sunil.

I now have East 17 ‘Stay Another Day’ stuck in my head because of this comment.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’ve been following Leicester since 1993 and we needed to win tonight especially against 10 men. I’m sorry but I don’t hark back to the bad old days. We’ve moved on and we expect to win these games. I don’t care 12 years ago we were playing Stockport in league one. Move on my friend. We as a club aren’t the underdogs anymore. We need to deal with this kind of pressure, we wanna be a top club. We need to start acting like one. 

Yeah I've been watching Leicester just as long and I say just enjoy the best period in our history. If you want more; the ESL will launch soon. Cheerio!

• Haha 1

Delusions of grandeur some might say 

• Thanks 1

Just now, hejammy said:

We needed another striker today. Would have taken Vardy off as I think he could still be playing and not have scored. We needed someone to bring on who could score but didn't have anyone. 

Aye with both Iheanacho and Vardy starting and Barnes being injured, no-one on the bench can score goals.

I imagine it'll be addressed in the summer but for now we're a bit stuck and rely on the starting 11 for goals.

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

The players mental reaction to this game could go one of two ways. They could be furious with themselves for their complacent performance and come out guns blazing in the next few games. But if a couple of heads drop amd they start thinking about what happened last season, we could very well end up on a similar run of form to last season.

If they wanna be Champions league players, an FA cup winners nobody is gonna role over and just allow these things to happen, some of the panic in the last 10 mins from Vardy when in on goal, an the wild shot from Tielmans is concerning,Evans is a calm head for the situation. I expect a reaction in the Newcastle game, an a win, whether we will have enough in those final 4 games including FA cup final only time will tell I guess....

Agreed. We're not special, we don't have a special way of doing things that other clubs don't. We've generally been underdogs for the majority of fans lifes. Some are struggling to adapt to us being a top team. Much like when this phase ends, some will struggle to adapt to us being crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wasnt that the very reason we threw it away last season, we weren’t picking points up against those teams? 

Maybe, I'm not going to look at picking up wins and points against teams we should be doing that as a positive though. That should be a standard.

Edited to say,

Poor choice of words..of course it's a positive...i'm not going to celebrate it like it's some fantastic achievement :D

Edited by filbertway

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hugely frustrating in the circumstances but...

Remember how we felt after losing to West Ham.

Since then, we've taken 7 points from a possible 9 and reached the FA Cup Final.

and that sir, is the truth and what Really counts..!!

• Like 2