Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If you're serious (I thought you were joking), have a weekend off, enjoy the football and come back on Monday.

It's an internet forum, don't take it all so serious, half the people wouldn't say the stuff they on here in real life.

Have a good weekend lad :thumbup::beer:

I am/was serious. 

39 minutes ago, dayday said:

Have to move the ball quicker, to many aimless balls in the box, 3cbs to half time, complete shit show

This is it for me. We basically had 7 defensive players on the pitch including Kasper until half time against a team horribly out of form and a man down. Surely Brendan missed a trick not taking off a CB sooner? 

• Like 1

Had we won tonight and win on Friday and then lost the last 3 but scraped in the CL, although we'd all be relieved it would also be very alarming. You don't lose 3 league games on the spin, we have to win on Friday and I still demand a result in one of the final 3 games, I know it might seem an unreasonable demand but we are a team expecting to finish top 4. 

I just want this nagging worry and fear that this squad has so few options right now to evaporate. Vardy has to come good at some point surely? He is looking so quick again but the finishing is beggars belief. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yeah I've been watching Leicester just as long and I say just enjoy the best period in our history. If you want more; the ESL will launch soon. Cheerio!

Why are you scared of being a top club ? I just want the best for Leicester. We have a world class manager, world class training ground and world class players. The Leicester you knew is dead, we our a big club now who’s expecting top 4 finishes. 

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’ve been following Leicester since 1993 and we needed to win tonight especially against 10 men. I’m sorry but I don’t hark back to the bad old days. We’ve moved on and we expect to win these games. I don’t care 12 years ago we were playing Stockport in league one. Move on my friend. We as a club aren’t the underdogs anymore. We need to deal with this kind of pressure, we wanna be a top club. We need to start acting like one. 

This sums it up for me, well written.

• Haha 1

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why are you scared of being a top club ? I just want the best for Leicester. We have a world class manager, world class training ground and world class players. The Leicester you knew is dead, we our a big club now who’s expecting top 4 finishes. 

Eh?

How did you get that from my comment?

Jog on to Juve or Man Utd or some other 'top club'?

We are Leicester and we will do it our way! 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Sorry, but we're not.

If we were a big club we'd have been invited to join the ESL shit show but we weren't.

Thank God

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Some of us are just living the dream, counting our blessings, being grateful after decades of shite, and just enjoying the ride.

That's fair if you are, each to their own.

I can't get in the mindset myself. If we're crap then I know we're crap and I can scale my expectations. If we have a good squad that has shown that it can blow teams away then I expect a lot more from them and the manager. I'll still be here when the good times are over and we're fighting relegation or sat in mid table of the championship. I'll probably be the sensible one that sees the team is awful and expects defeat every week :D

Earlier today I watched half an hours worth of a coked up Martin Allen talking about how his time at leicester was basically just waiting to be sacked for the pay off..... absolutely fine with tonight lol 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Had we won tonight and win on Friday and then lost the last 3 but scraped in the CL, although we'd all be relieved it would also be very alarming. You don't lose 3 league games on the spin, we have to win on Friday and I still demand a result in one of the final 3 games, I know it might seem an unreasonable demand but we are a team expecting to finish top 4. 

I just want this nagging worry and fear that this squad has so few options right now to evaporate. Vardy has to come good at some point surely? He is looking so quick again but the finishing is beggars belief. 

All our arses are twitching, we all remember what happened last year. We've just got to keep the faith.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric. You and I both know Vardy is rustling jimmies here and he loves playing the big dogs. He's not wasting his goals vs the shrimps. See how disgusted he was to have to score against a load of sh1tters the other week?

Hattrick vs Spurs? Yep. Brace vs Yanited? Probably.

I tell you what I'm not doing? Worrying about it.

Tonight we had a great opportunity to close the Top 4 door but we've ended up keeping it ajar. 

Fa Cup final may have an influence now on players and performance in the next 2 games. We simply have to beat Newcastle regardless so I hope they go balls out next Friday night. 

Can we get one of those Foxestalk content editors on the words ‘big club’? I’m sick of reading it lol 

Something like ‘Sky propaganda’ would suffice, although the ‘m0ng’ one will always be me favourite lol 

19 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I don’t care what all his apologists keep saying, the plain, unignorable fact is that his finishing has gone to pot.

Nobody is denying that. But at the same time you can praise his other contributions and not just pile-on given what he's provided for this club over the years (INCLUDING his goals in the first half of this season!). At the end of the day, what other striker do you feel should he be replaced by? There isn't one. His contribution has helped Nacho score as many as he has who needs a player along side him. So in fear of sounding like an apologist, what's your actual point? Are you saying it'll never come back? Do you just want to point out the obvious? 

Glad there's finally a bit of perspective coming through.

The number of games in short succession seemed to impact us today. Ultimately, we got something from the match. 

We've got a decent break till our next match so the team can refresh.

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

A 10 man Southampton is probably harder to beat than an 11 man Southampton. 

They set up to have a go and as soon as they lost their man it was always going to be difficult. 

Big performers didn't show up though. 

Yep, can't argue with that. 

Just so disappointing. Vardy puts his chance away and we're all set for a lovely bank holiday. Bugger. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nailed it mate.

4th game in 13 days maybe blunted us and credit to Soton (if that is allowed) for a terrific defensive show.

Playing 10 men crap Southampton for 80 minutes... the excuses are laughable. We weren’t at it at all tonight. Why didn’t he change the team up ?