Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

WELL THAT WAS A DISAPPOINTING FUCH UP OF A RESULT FUCHING 1-1 SHOULD HAVE WON THAT TONIGHT BRENDAN DID YOU MESS THE TEAM CHOICE TONIGHT SHOULD HAVE RESTED A COUPLE ?? VARDS LOOKED KNACKERED NEEDS A REST NOT ABLE TO PLAY WEEK IN WEEK OUT NOW GOT TO BE USED AS AN IMPACT SUB SURELY CANT KEEP RELYING ON HIM NOW NEED TO GET A STRIKER HUNGRIER & YOUNGER  !

image.thumb.jpeg.a03489bce025beb4a11f74bc17e58fe3.jpeg

Although I’m obviously pissed off with the result I do think it’s asking a lot to beat a PL rival 3 times in a season. 
Gotta beat Newcastle next week if we don’t I think we’ll finish outside top 4. 
I know we made a lot of changes but would of liked to of seen Ricardo on. 

Just now, justfoxes said:

PLEASE DON’T LET US FUCH UP LIKE WE DID LAST SEASON GIVING MANURE OUT PLACE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, REALLY HOPE THEY SH1T THE BED THIS SEASON LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR !!🙏

Is your caps lock stuck or something?

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Plenty of hissy fits on here tonight as if we’re never allowed to have a bad game 

I think it's the disappointment that we have missed an absolutely golden opportunity, given the early sending off for them and the chance to go 10 points clear of West Ham. Feels like a defeat, even though we showed some balls to get a point after falling behind.

6 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

I swear there's a guy on here called Stan with about 28 profiles all for posting about how embarrassing other members of Foxestalk are and liking his own posts...

Why are people so obsessed with me:(

The only good thing about that is we didn’t lose, but I fear those two dropped points are going to cost us... unless some other clubs can help us out.

I would feel a lot more confident of the top four if Vardy wasn’t missing chances every game that he would normally bury. I don’t care what all his apologists keep saying, the plain, unignorable fact is that his finishing has gone to pot.

It’s been like that for months and there is no indication that it is getting any better. We need him more than ever over the next five games. We can’t rely on Iheanacho every time. If we want to achieve our objectives, Vardy has to start scoring goals again. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Should’ve won. No excuses. We have always struggled to break down ten men. Always. Wasn’t enough intensity from us. A lot of it seemed a bit desperate. It’s another point that could prove crucial. Let’s hope the teams around us don’t make any ground on us this weekend. 

Bit of a myth, last year we slapped Southampton 9-0 and Newcastle 5-0, so not really always. 

Not getting into any mudslinging - of course it feels a bit disappointing.

Things to consider - we don't really know the physical/mental state of the players currently, and that was 3 league games in 8 days. Win against Newcastle and I'll find it very hard to find fault.

13 minutes ago, sishades said:

For those who have short memories, we must get third as it looks like being an all english Europa and Champions league finals. If so only the top three get champions league. MUST MUST beat Newcastle and one other.

And for those with even shorter memories:  three of those four teams will likely finish in the top 4, so 4th qualifies. We’ve gone over that a million times on this forum. 

I imagine Brendan’s fuming at every single one of them. They didn’t play the game like the team that he says is further along in its development. He doesn’t often react on the touch line so his reaction to Soyuncu’s pass is positively Roy Keane to Viera for him.

Too many desperate long balls easily defended, too many players taking pot shots rather than putting their foot on it and recycling the ball, too quick to try to pick THE pass, not enough shape in the attacking third. It was crap

• Like 2