Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

There’s only so long a team can still get results by playing so poorly. When the individual brilliance/form and luck dries up we are left with what happened today. 

Brendan is a fantastic manager but he needs to make some changes before things slip away again. 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

What even is Maddison? Ndidi was more creative today, all he did was keep ****ing twatting it from 40 yards out. Bench the **** 

Seriously stop being so childish and chill out. 

Bloke is clearly not fit, shouldn't of started. 

2 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

We were never going to win all four of these matches. Best Newcastle and it would be 10 out of those 12 points, which I still think is good enough. We are still in a great position. 

We absolutely should have been winning all 4. 4 absolute shite teams and Southampton didn't even have anything to play for. Beat Newcastle and we should be OK but they have played OK recently and will fancy us as after that performance 

Just now, Tuna said:

Hassenhutl got it spot on as well.

It’s easy to forget that there is another team trying to stop you from scoring

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

We’d have lost that last season.

Vardy should’ve won it for us.

I’m rioting mate we were doggo. Absolute lack of quality conviction and bollocks. Ten men and we couldn’t get a clear cut chance shows we haven’t got minerals

Frustrating. Very ****ing frustrating.

I appreciate once they go down to 10 it’s just going to be 10 behind the ball and hard to break down but there was far too much sideways, backwards nonsense.

When does the penny drop ‘hmmm they’re staying rigid, not committing themselves, perhaps we should stop the sideways, backwards bullshit trying to draw them out and maybe try actually taking the game to them, going forward and show some attacking intent’?

At times when Southampton did attack our defence looked shaky, we looked like the team with 10 men.

Once we went 1-0 down we actually decided to show some attacking intent and realised oh shit, we’ve gotta go for this in which time we were quite impressive and had enough good chances to win it. Unfortunately it just wasn’t going for us.

But why it took us to go 1-0 down to stop the passive shit god only knows.

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Why can’t we break defensive teams down? It just angers me. 

Because no-one is prepared to run with the ball at defences in the way Messi and Barnes do. We all know it frightens defences to death. The one to do it was Perez, but on too late.

Persisted with high balls into the box that Southampton largely won, or low shots into the box that were just blocked off.

Needed direct running at them instead of playing across the box. Maddison looked crocked. Tielemans/Kel not prepared to run at their defence.

Thomas not good enough yet for this level and shouldn't start.

Barnes plays and we win that, so we need to replace the effect Barnes has....run at them!

Just now, Livid said:

We look jaded and have done for weeks. 

A poor West Brom team gave us our one truly convincing win.

We need to find a spark from somewhere. 

Spot on, bar the Man Utd cup game we have been awful, it feels like we’re crawling over the line again like last season, it really is a tough watch at the moment 

• Like 1

Horrible game to watch as a fan. Always hard to play against ten men. Having said that, I thought we created enough to win. Especially that Vardy chance. I think one positive I can take from it is after going a goal down, we may have lost that last year. 

Come on Man U and Burnley!

I know people mumble this quietly to not get a reaction but it does seem like Vardy is way past his best.  I think this is his last full season.  Not that it's what anyone wants but he seems to be on the slide just as quick as was his ascent which is the way it goes for late bloomers.  He's really lost his way in the second half of this season and as much as a legend as he is, we need to look beyond him this season. 

He doesn't scare defenders like he used to.  It used to be one chance, one goal, but that hasn't been so now for a good while.  Big decisions will be made in the summer, question is , will it be Vardys decision,  or the clubs.

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It’s not the end of the world.
Can’t just expect to go away in the PL and win every time. 
It’s a vital point and we’re still in a good position.

Keep the faith 

Bo##ocks to all that positivity!..

We fvcked up big time tonight!!