Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Reading some of your positives / negatives , look lads / ladies , the teams below us do need to win all of there remaining games to catch up , be honest, which position would you rather be in ? We can’t win every game / yes we should of / could of won tonight but we haven’t , but also we haven’t lost either , move on and ,AN OLD SAYING FROM THE 90s , KEEP THE FAITH FOXES NEVER QUIT 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yes said:

Definitely, 3 games in 8 days is it really surprising we don’t look as sharp as when we’ve had a full week between games?

Especially when you consider we’ve been unchanged for all three games. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Should’ve won. No excuses. We have always struggled to break down ten men. Always. Wasn’t enough intensity from us. A lot of it seemed a bit desperate. It’s another point that could prove crucial. Let’s hope the teams around us don’t make any ground on us this weekend. 

Thought Brendan should have made changes tonight can’t expect Vards to play as much as he does every game ?

Think he puts far too much on certain players !

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I know people are worried about the last 3 league games but our record against the bigger teams is better than the so called minnows, the one thing I trust is that we will score goals, an I really don't think we created enough tonight, the FA cup final will be a borefest for the neutral probably end up 1-0, hopefully that scoreline goes our way.

The players mental reaction to this game could go one of two ways. They could be furious with themselves for their complacent performance and come out guns blazing in the next few games. But if a couple of heads drop amd they start thinking about what happened last season, we could very well end up on a similar run of form to last season.

I don’t get Jamie Vardy recently. Normally when you get to your later ages you lose your pace and sharpness but your finishing is what goes last...Vards recently has played well, looks dangerous, great composure to jink inside and then the easy bit he just never buries it! It’s strange, he did so well but he has to score. Hero was there to be took!

Saying that, after looking back at them, I actually think Ndidi is probably a worse miss than Vards. He just has to hit the target and it’s in, more to aim at. Timmy also should do better but probably the toughest of the 3.

Simple fact is we can dress it up any way we like but drawing vs a struggling Southampton with 10 men is a poor result and if we miss out on top 4 because of 2 points then we know where we threw them.

Just so disappointing and we always make it difficult for ourselves.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Against 10 men for 80 minutes to a bottom half team. Not good enough.

...we have always been poor against a deep block!!!

The extra man does not help as they are sitting so deep, teams know we are poor when pressed and up against a deep block. Constantly putting crosses into the box which is so compact will not work and you needed a player to drive at their defence instead of trying to pass through the opposition.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Should’ve won. No excuses. We have always struggled to break down ten men. Always. Wasn’t enough intensity from us. A lot of it seemed a bit desperate. It’s another point that could prove crucial. Let’s hope the teams around us don’t make any ground on us this weekend. 

I thought this was one of Rodgers' strengths - the last few times opponents have gone to ten men, we have demolished them.