Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Playing 10 men crap Southampton for 80 minutes... the excuses are laughable. We weren’t at it at all tonight. Why didn’t he change the team up ? 

Alright, you've thrown the bait. I'll bite.

What changes?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We needed another striker today. Would have taken Vardy off as I think he could still be playing and not have scored. We needed someone to bring on who could score but didn't have anyone. 

We could have left either Johnny or Soyuncu up top. We put a lot of Balls into the box with no one to win them in there.

I know it's not Brendan philosophy, But sometimes route one is the best as it proved for the Goal.

Then you give the strikers a chance to pick up the loose Balls. 

• Like 1

Tactics, tiredness or is it a mental thing? Are we like the proverbial young tennis player that can't serve out the match when opportunity knocks? Probability tells you that we are still odds on to get over the line but we've left the door ajar. Hopefully none of the chasers have the where-with-all to chase us down this time around.  

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Alright, you've thrown the bait. I'll bite.

What changes?

Ricardo and Perez could have started? They haven't played in ages, and need game time to keep up their match fitness for when we inevitably need them.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

We could have left either Johnny or Soyuncu up top. We put a lot of Balls into the box with no one to win them in there.

I know it's not Brendan philosophy, But sometimes route one is the best as it proved for the Goal.

Totally agree, Just like Little and O’Neill use to put Walshie up front

• Like 1

To be honest I'm not overly disappointed with the results. Tough run of games and a decent defensive display by S'ton. What I am disappointed in is Vardys transformation from legend to Ade Akinbadbuy in terms of his finishing. What the bloody hell is going on with the fella! 

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That would scare the crap out of me tbh. They had a couple of chances to break as it was, can you imagine the meltdown on here if they'd broke and scored, winning 2-1?!?! Stan wouldn't be the only one giving this forum a wide birth for a few days. 

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

No way, amount of times a route one ball or a corner has just been headed out I've lost count. We're hopeless at that. Playing through the lines was the only option. We just didn't do it well enough 

Its games like this where we miss Barnes who would have torn MOM Peters a new one. Madders not on form (doesnt look match fit) hurts us in the final third although fair play to him for breaking the prem long shot record with his 22 attempts.

I`ll look at the table and gladly take the point as its better than a kick in the family jewels.

1 minute ago, Daz93 said:

People questioning the line up or tactics...

They got a penalty from a nothing shot and scored. We then missed a boat load of chances but managed to grab one back.

On another night we win that 3-0 and everyone is spaffing themselves.

No we were flat tonight. Before Evans scored we never looked like scoring. Couldn’t move the ball fast enough and have away a silly free kick what led to them getting the penalty. We then have two good chances but Vardy goes near post when he only had to put it round the keeper into the far post and Ndidi just needs to pass it in instead of lacing it. We needed to be at it right from the start but wasn’t and was lucky he was offside. Was a crap night and needed to freshen it up tonight. Everyone slags under off but he could of made more of a difference then albrighton with 20 mins to go. 

Pretty sure we would have taken 10 points from 12 from the last three then Newcastle at home...which is very achievable....yes we could have won, but then Palace could have won....a point away from home is a good point whoever you are playing....as SAF used to say that could be the point that gets you third....can’t see West Ham or Liverpool winning this weekend, nor Chelsea next....**** keep the faith, but ffs have some belief in a team that has been in the top 4 all season....

We were just uninspired tonight I think the players thought we’d won the game after the sending off. If Soton hadn’t scored it would have been 0-0. Saying that we haven’t been amazing recently just grinding out good results we’d have drawn against palace if it wasn’t for Ian’s wonder strike 

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

That would scare the crap out of me tbh. They had a couple of chances to break as it was, can you imagine the meltdown on here if they'd broke and scored, winning 2-1?!?! Stan wouldn't be the only one giving this forum a wide birth for a few days. 

As DayDay said. It's what O'neill an other managers done all the time pushing Walshie or Elliott up front to rescue games or even get the winner.

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No way, amount of times a route one ball or a corner has just been headed out I've lost count. We're hopeless at that. Playing through the lines was the only option. We just didn't do it well enough 

Brendan has always said he try's to win every game. How he gets the result doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Sometimes you have to roll the dice a little.

We don't win balls in the box simply because we don't have anyone in there who can. By putting someone up top who's good at winning the ball gives us a better chance of doing so. Southampton are not very good in the air at the back without Vestagarde.

If you continue to do the same your likely to get the same result as it proved.

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

Let’s be honest, we’re all just happy for @Jattdogg’s mrs to get a rest. FA cup final is in a few weeks, poor lass.

I can't believe I am saying this......I am so annoyed that i feel like she's in trouble tonight lol. Perhaps after having a cup of tea i will sort myself out mentally, single handedly or well she is getting it again. haha. 

Edited by Jattdogg

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You wonder that?

I read the thread and wonder how many people have watched this club for more than 5 years and even realise what it is to be a Leicester fan.

Yep I do.. 2nd was never a real target...

yet folks wanted Liverpool 3pts closer  to us