Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

No. Even if you don't count Wes, we still need to leave a couple out to add another. I think we might leave JJ out until January, but we'd still need to leave out one more.

Sad to se praet go ,I thought he offered us a different option 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wanted the guy to succeed here. With KDH in the mix. He has gone down the order. 

Hope we actually get a fee for the guy. 

Praet, must have been real terrible in training. Couldn't get in over Perez and Madders, speaks for itself. 

• Haha 1

Did well when he played, got injured, didn't get back in, even when players were out of form, so he's got to have pi$$ed someone off somewhere. Maybe he had Rodgers in the Secret Santa and gave him a note saying "A new personality". There's no other reason for Perez, Choudhury and at times Mendy to be considered ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Phil Bowman said:

I’d have happily seen him play in Perez’s position. Choudhury and Mendy do completely different jobs to Praet though.

He's not really a wide attacker either though. Nor is he a 10, so those saying he should be in ahead of Maddison are wrong imho. He's most suited to the Tielemans role, and as we know if Tielemans is fit and available (as he always seems to be) he's first name on the teamsheet. That really leaves nowhere for Praet to play.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Viva said:

I certainly won’t be crying about Praet going. Didn’t have much of an impact here, so best to move on and try someone else. 

Only because Rodgers stubbornly did not play him. You seemed to have forgotten that we played really well with him in the squad first half of last season. Our collapse sort of coincided when he lost his place to Maddison when the later came back.  A great player that is under-appreciated. He makes clever runs to create space for others. He positioning is excellent and complements Tielemans really well and combined well with Castagne. He makes others look better. He is in the best national team in the World. He was doing great before coming here. He will do well after he leaves us. Our loss (and he deserves better than Torino but guess he is desperate). Just like Gray but Praet is a much better player.  

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Only because Rodgers stubbornly did not play him. You seemed to have forgotten that we played really well with him in the squad first half of last season. Our collapse sort of coincided when he lost his place to Maddison when the later came back.  A great player that is under-appreciated. He makes clever runs to create space for others. He positioning is excellent and complements Tielemans really well and combined well with Castagne. He makes others look better. He is in the best national team in the World. He was doing great before coming here. He will do well after he leaves us. Our loss (and he deserves better than Torino but guess he is desperate). Just like Gray but Praet is a much better player.  

You say he deserves better than Torino. Do you not consider for a minute why a better club hasn’t picked him up on the cheap? Have all the other clubs missed something too? 
The fact that he hasn’t played much even when we were struggling is all you need to know really. Rodgers would not just drop a player to be stubborn. Especially if it would cost us a top 4. 
It’s so easy to bring up Gray after he has a couple of good matches. He wasn’t good enough for us and needed to go. Whether Gray or Praet go onto better things doesn’t bother me slightly. They both needed to move on from here. 

Edited by Viva
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's not really a wide attacker either though. Nor is he a 10, so those saying he should be in ahead of Maddison are wrong imho. He's most suited to the Tielemans role, and as we know if Tielemans is fit and available (as he always seems to be) he's first name on the teamsheet. That really leaves nowhere for Praet to play.

...we have played with two #8s before, that is his best position, we just do not play that formation enough for him to be retained!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

He offered very little in my opinion.

I think the problem with him was that we could never really fit him within the team anyway. Ndidi and Tielemans will never be dropped, as long as they are both fit, as they are too instrumental for the team.

Could see him doing well if he was given the game time, he’s not a bad player. Good luck to him.

Also hope you’re well Mark :)

• Like 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

He hasn’t actually played that many games for Belgium. Some people talking as if he’s the first name on the team sheet.

They have little depth . Players like Chadli has 66 caps  who last English   club was West Brom 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Praet is a good player, but a bit like Perez he doesn’t really have one or two particular traits that you look at and say “that’s what he adds”. Seems Rodgers is a fan of those players. 

Disrespectful to praet he's miles better than Pérez. Deserved better treatment here. Rodgers made a mistake without a doubt 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

By my reckoning we need Mendy gone as well to name a new winger in the EL squad. PL squad we'd be able to register a new one now Praet has gone I think?

we could always just not name Mendy in the EL squad if he stays

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

I think the problem with him was that we could never really fit him within the team anyway. Ndidi and Tielemans will never be dropped, as long as they are both fit, as they are too instrumental for the team.

Could see him doing well if he was given the game time, he’s not a bad player. Good luck to him.

Also hope you’re well Mark :)

Very true, but reminded me of how Andy King could be anonymous in games.

Hope you are well too!

• Like 1

Praet is a technically sound guy, great vision for through balls, good in tight spaces and can run all day. I think the right wing worked a lot better with him in the team and he had a commanding presence too. Shame, but for his sake he needs game time.

• Like 2