Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It is tough taking a dock in pay when you don't have to . How many on here would do it?

...football is totally different!!!

He could drop his salary to get a move and for the rest of the season he can showcase his talent. The potential for a bigger salary to keep him there or for other buyers to come in for his services are there in less than twelve months. It would take a move in a commercial business and to be exceptional in your role and the fact that should you be attempting to move company within a short space of time could just count against you in regards to loyalty.

It is just not the same. 

1 hour ago, talking_goldfish said:

"Option to buy" is even worse than a straight up loan unless it comes with a big loan fee.

Just goes to show how PL clubs have to be uber sure about players they bring in as you can only sell upwards. Selling downwards is a nightmare and you have the double whammy about buying a player not good enough means you virtually have to give them away or they stink the place out by seeing out their contract.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

"Option to buy" is even worse than a straight up loan unless it comes with a big loan fee.

Just goes to show how PL clubs have to be uber sure about players they bring in as you can only sell upwards. Selling downwards is a nightmare and you have the double whammy about buying a player not good enough means you virtually have to give them away or they stink the place out by seeing out their contract.

It's only worse if the agreed price becomes too low because he's had a good season.

I would think that most of the Italian sides are hurting financially right now. They still can't have full capacity crowds and I'm sure that pre-Covid, the Torino's of the world weren't exactly swimming in money. Watched a match this afternoon and the commentators were saying that too many mid table and lower Serie A sides aren't bothering to bring in Serie A talent - which tells me they're all broke. If he goes over there and puts a decent season together he may be in in line for something a lot better next summer.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's only worse if the agreed price becomes too low because he's had a good season.

That was my point, a fixed fee is all downside and no upside as they'll only pay it if he's a bargain at the fixed fee price.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

He needs games and won't get them here. A shame but for £18m (and a player signed as depth mostly) it is hardly a disaster of a signing

Only about a £5m loss (if they make it permanent) which for some of our recent deals in selling players isn't too bad

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

My sentiments exactly! Too good to be watching Ayoze Perez fall over after receiving the ball from one one of our CBs whilst watching on from the bench.

Let's give him some love on here before he heads off:

Cz6cHpF.gif

giphy.gif

Well said! Good luck Dennis. All the best!

😍

I don't agree with the way he was treated and expected better of "man manager" Brendan.  He is too good to sit on our bench.  Hope it's a good move for him and everything works out well.  It feels a sad sale for me when there are others that should go and deserve to go!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Those sad to see him go, Where's he play in this team? Would fans rather he stayed and KDH moves on for £10m? 

I'm both sad and happy - happy he'll escape Rodgers, sad Rodgers doesn't see his value.  He'd be an every match starter if it were up to me but it'll never happen under BR, so no point in hoping otherwise.

• Like 3

Really like Praet. Quality player. It really shows how good our midfield options are that he couldn't break back into the team and also how highly KDH is rated. The injuries he's had haven't helped him nail down a place either. All the best to him. 

I would still Love to have him stay, and get decent game time....

Kg there is a season where we have to hold onto decent-honest-skillfull Front 6 players,this is it...

Yes we now have Soumare & KDH, Add Praet,there before us with just these 3 names is already a decent stand-alone midfield.I

Und you could still throw in, any one of Tielemans or Ndidi....Isnt that the idea, to create a potential Real Top 4 challenge...just an example..

For a youngish Jan-Feb-2022, rotation Set up, Cover or First Team ,knowing/expecting injuries..

Schmeichel

Castagna  Fofana. Soyuncu Justin

Ndidi *

Praet**     Soumare***

KDH*+

Nacho.      Daka**-

*    Soumare/Mendy

**   Tielemans

***  Praet/ Barnes

*+. Maddison

**- Vardy /Barnes

The ( *** s ) would give us also the various formations.

This so called worry about First 25 doesn't Really arise, because These players mentioned, then with...

Evans, Albrighton, Ricardo ,Benkovic,Amartey , Bertrand,Vestergaard are "our" top players,

we still have +2 spots most likely for goalkeepers , plus the potential  of any under age/academy players like Nelson..Thomas*

Choudhury ,Perez should be the ones missing out....But again if any Multiple heavy injuries,they are selectable