Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

But the best football we played last season was in October/November time when Praet and Tielemans were both playing in a 4-3-3 and both those 2 and Castagne were all linking up really well.

He was really starting to fulfill his potential (and bringing the best of Tielemans), then Maddison came back, Praet got injured and never got back in the side.

I remember the debates around Christmas last year that Tielemans and Maddison couldn't play together and Tielemans looked so much better alongside Praet.

With Maddison's form at the tail end of last season and the start of this season, Praet should've been starting. But for whatever reason, once Maddison came back, Rodger just didn't give him the same run in the side. 

Fully agree.

Shame if/when he goes. Very good player but not dislodging Tielemans and Nididi and Maddison will always be allowed two or three anonymous games to find form because he can be spectacular his day, so always playing second fiddle and fair play to him for not wanting to do that. 

I was a big fan of his style of play. 

Always wanted the ball, linked up play, wasn't afraid to run past the forwards to create space or get in crosses.  Think he's been injured at the wrong times but also think he hasn't had the minutes he should of.  But on the other hand we've had success so difficult to be too critical of selections!  Reminds me of Iborra in the fact he hasn't had the game time and maybe we've missed a trick with him, moved on too soon?

• Like 2

I always thought of Praet in a similar way to how I previously felt about Matty James. There were those who, in my opinion, vastly overrated their worth. It often felt like they were implying that they were football connoisseurs for being able to see it whereas others were less educated in the football arts.

All I see is two pretty competent players who’ll never be any more than ‘competent’. Good squad players, if you can keep them happy, but you’d be worried if they were the best you could do. 

At the level we’ve been at you need players who offer something a bit more: a spark of creativity, incisive passing, driving runs, destructive tackling and recycling etc. ‘Competent’ doesn’t quite cut it unless they are used solely to plug holes from the bench.

It Praet is unhappy being a squad player then he should absolutely be moved on. He’s just not quite at the level to be anything else unless our own level drops - but we shouldn’t be planning for that.