Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No. We can only name 23 players in the EL squad as you have to have x 4 academy trained players in the 25 man squad, we've got Barnes, KDH, Hamza and Thomas. Thomas is under 21 though so he doesn't count. 

We have enough FA association players (×8) regardless.

We could re-sign Liam Moore as a back up CB.

He played around 1800 minutes of premier league football for us which is around 20 games worth and didn't stand out. If that isn't enough opportunity then I don't know what is :dunno:

Rodgers would have seen him in training every day. The fact is he's just not good enough to be a regular starter for us. Wish him well for the future but don't think we'll have any regrets with him leaving. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe he's good but doesn't fit in the structure that's in place. Nobody has to be at fault here, other than perhaps the initial recruitment...

Maybe Praet wants to get the ball and go forward with it at pace, and yeah, that's never going to fit with Brendans philosophy 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He played around 1800 minutes of premier league football for us which is around 20 games worth and didn't stand out. If that isn't enough opportunity then I don't know what is :dunno:

Rodgers would have seen him in training every day. The fact is he's just not good enough to be a regular starter for us. Wish him well for the future but don't think we'll have any regrets with him leaving. 

This is spot on , we see the player for 90 mins or sub roles then we judge as armchair fans what’s best for the team. The manager and coaches work with them day in day out and know their value so much better than we do. I for one will accept that judgement 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Lost a really good player 😥...

Would have much preferred Maddison had gone.

Considering that almost every post you make on here (except for your sh1t jokes) is a negative one, you'd probably have said the opposite if Maddison had gone instead.

I quite like Praet myself but he is not getting any game time under Rodgers. I believe KDH is a more than adequate alternative to Praet, so it makes sense to offload him if we can sign a decent player in another position that will play.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1

Assuming a loan fee and they exercise the option either in January or next summer i think we have pretty much recouped our outlay (we reportedly paid around 18M for him) and he gets regular gametime so no real losers here. 

Still think he is quality, and just the type of squad depth we need, but if KDH proves to be the player we all hope he is then Denis's opportunities here will only diminish further.

Hope he does well

Never really rated him he seemed like a BTEC Andy King but without the goals, he had a few good games for us on the right wing but whenever he got the chance to play CM he just went missing, can not fault his attitude though just was not good enough for us.

I think a lot of people overrate him because he has a few caps for a very good Belgium team who currently have a golden generation of about a dozen very good players but after that a very small depth of talent hence why players like Praet and Chadli get a few substitute caps here and there.

No hard feelings for him though and hope he is successful at Torino.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

But Perez is 😂😂😂😂

I don’t find it that funny. Rodgers sees Praet in training everyday, know his fitness levels, any issues he may or may not have currently in his life and has made a judgement that he currently won’t improve the side. 
So why should I cry that a player who is doing nothing for the team currently leaves? Would you cry if Benkovic left? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Maybe Praet wants to get the ball and go forward with it at pace, and yeah, that's never going to fit with Brendans philosophy 🤔

Have you even watched Dennis play on his rare outings?  lol

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

No, still need Mendy or someone we consider 1st team gone (not Benkovic) to be named in the EL squad.

Can’t that be Wes until the new year?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

We played our best football in the last year at the start of last season with him playing wide of Vardy and Castagne behind him, don't know why we didn't really try it again.

He's a good player but if he's not going to feature best to move him on. Good luck to him.

I would have put him on the right, seem to do well there.

• Like 1